IUI + Clomid success story

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2008, 09:04 AM
lizm75's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I graduated on Januray 20th, 2008... Here is my story.
DH and I started TTC May 2006. I assumed that since I was healthy and take good care of myself we would be successful right away. After trying to 6 months we went to an RE to have some tests done. At the time I had Kaiser permanente for health insurance. The RE did a bunch of tests, including an HSG. He also did and SA on hubby. Hubby had low morphology but ridiculously high count so it counteracted the morphology. He said all my results came back normal and that we should continue trying on our own for 3 more cycles because there was nothing standing in the way. So we did and after the 3 cycles we did a round of clomid with IUI. I had 3 eggs and post wash sperm count was 6 million. Not great... Failed. The next cycle I had 4 eggs and 14 million post wash. Failed again. The third round was much the same... At that point they were saying after 3 failed attempts at IUI we move on to IVF which was not covered so it would be out of pocket. After the 3rd attempt my husband got a new job that covered family health insurance 100% through great west. So we left the kaiser doc and found a new RE. All records were transferred including the films from my HSG. At our first appointment on August 7th, 2007 our doc took one look at my HSG films and said you have a huge uterine septum and it has to come out if you are going to get pregnant. She confirmed the septum with ultrasound and also suspected endometriosis because of my period symptoms. She also said the DHs morphology is an issue and told him to stop using the hot tub, biking etc. I had surgery to remove the septum and endometriosis on August 30th, 2007. I was left to heal for 3 full cycles then we started IUI. The first IUI Cycle was not carried out because I had produced 6 eggs on 50mg of clomid. They decided to cut my dose down to 25mg. On January 5, 2008 I had two nice eggs and we did IUI with a post wash sperm count of 115 million. On January 20th I reluctantly took a pg test and was surprised with my first ever BFP!!! I am now 28 weeks and 1 day pregnant, everything has gone perfectly smooth! If I had not changed doctors I would not be pregnant now or ever, so ALWAYS get a second opinion!!! Good luck everyone!
July 6th, 2008, 03:58 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
Liz! Thanks for sharing your precious story!!! Good luck with your pregnancy!
July 6th, 2008, 04:44 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your upcoming bundle of joy!

I also experienced heartbreaking infertilty for 5 year before finally conceiving my Son.

I know what a horrible road it is to travel.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

September 29th, 2010, 08:22 AM
lizm75's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just wanted to come back and give another update. Mia was born on September 19, 2008. She is a beautiful 2 year old now. The month after I completely stopped nursing her I found myself unexpectedly pregnant! Our second little girl is due November 1st I wish all the TTCMA girls the best.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search