Well Ladies, I think I'm starting to lose it

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to FriendAim Send a message via Yahoo to FriendAim
Hey there... First an introduction. I'm Aimee. I'm 33 (34 in August) wife of almost 8 years to Joe and mom to Sydney. She's 3. I'm an only child and so was my dad so it is kind of important to us to give Sydney a sibling. I hated being an only and I don't have any aunts, uncles or cousins on my dad's side. It's just me and my grandparents (my dad died before I was born) on my dad's side.

With Sydney, we tried for about 2.5 years before getting on clomid. It took 2 rounds with her. No monitoring at all. No charting, no BBT, no OPK, no blood tests, nothing. I didn't even think about it at the time since I wasn't familiar with JM and didn't know about all of the fun stuff I was missing out on obsessing about.

My pregnancy with Sydney was easy until I developed PIH (all of the symptoms of preeclampsia, without the protein in my urine) and I was induced at 35 weeks 4 days. She was healthy as could be, weighed in at 7 lbs even and didn't even go to the NICU at all.

Fast forward to last June. I had an IUD since Sydney was about 6 months old and I decided to have it out. Unfortunately, some tissue had started to grow up around it and he had to do a fair amount of tugging to get it out. A week later I was still bleeding bright red and so we decided to do a D&C to stop the bleeding. Then the day after my birthday last year I found out I was pg. We were so excited. My due date would have been almost exactly the same as before. Then over labor day I started spotting and lost it. I was devestated. I had only known about it for less than a week but it was so real to me.

So now fast forward again to March. Still not pg. Time for my annual. I went to the Dr. and he prescribed clomid again. We waited to use it until last month. BFN last month. This month though I'm on CD 27. I'm charting (although not BBT) and using OPK and keeping track of my symptoms and it's making me CRAZY! I'm talking 4 BFNs already. I've had tender BBS since CD 19. I mean really sore. Today though I woke up feeling really funny. Still BFN with first urine but like seriously hormonal and nervous stomach. Now I'm starting to think it's PMS and not BFP.

I'm going to try and get an appointment with the Dr. but I guess I should wait until AF shows or I get a BFP right? I'm still not being monitored by him at all which I understand a lot of you think is irresponsible but last time I had no trouble. How can I stop from going crazy. If AF shows, I don't know if I can take another month of this. All I want is 1 more baby (and honestly, I'm happy that I have DD and would be ok if I didn't have more but just the thought that I might not be ABLE to have more brings out that only child syndrome in me. Don't tell me I CAN'T have something) and I'm not getting any younger.

Help! now I'm rambling and just introduced myself to everyone by sounding like a blathering basketcase.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

ETA: Also, I'm not sure if I belong in here or in TTC after loss or TTC after IUD or what
Joseph David arrived 2/4/10

July 7th, 2008, 09:24 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You're welcome in here, although I'm sure both of those other boards would welcome you as well.

I do think medicated cycles should be monitered, but it's a personal thing. Different doctors do different things. How many dpo are you? Maybe you could go in for bloodwork, and if it is bfn, talk to him about being monitered next month.

July 7th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Jessy133's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey! Welcome!!

First off I totally understand your frustration. Do you know how many dpo you might be? If you keep getting negatives it could be that 1 its still to early or 2 your really not preggo. Are you usually on time? I saw you said your on CD27 i know its hard but you should really wait until your offically late.

As for me when I was first pregnant 6 yrs ago I didnt know i was pregnant. I just noticed that AF was veryyy late and i kept testing and testing and nothign all 's i tested for almost a whole month i think and then finally i got a faint faint + line. When i went to the doc i was almost 2 months preggo. So it is very possible that you can be pregnant and not get + hpt until very late in your pregnancy. Acutally the same thing is happening to me now im on CD45 and no af and 3 's later im still waiting for AF i just went to my docs office for blood work to see hwats up.

I would just wait again until your offcially late and then test again. hopefully you'll have more hormone in yoru urine by that time if you are preggo. I wish youtons of luck adn please keep us updated!

Also you can join any forum y ou wish. your more than welcome here since you are on meds you know exactly what we are all going thru. you dont have to pick just one forum good luck!

July 7th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Jessa78's Avatar Super Mommy

We're glad to have you, hon, and I'm really sorry that you've already been through so much. (You did not sound like a blathering idiot, either.) I second what both ladies here have already said. RE: monitoring, it is a personal thing. If you've had to endure 4 bfn cycles, you would be perfectly in the right to ask for a little more attention this next cycle, hon. RE: when to test, if AF doesn't show soon, an hcg blood test would be one way to know for sure.

As for going crazy, if you figure out how to stop that from happening, do let a girl know! I'm in the same boat!!

Good Luck, hon, and please KUP. We'll be here for you anytime.

July 7th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to FriendAim Send a message via Yahoo to FriendAim
Well, I had a +OPK on CD 14 and we DTD on 14, 15 and 16. Today, according to FF I am 12 DPO. I am usually very regular and AF would be expected tomorrow. I guess when I had DD I didn't test until I was around 3 days late or so and it came up pos right away, bring pink line. I guess I should just stop stressing since there's not much I can do about it right now anyway.

I hate that the pg symptoms are the same as PMS. It's the worst!

Thanks for the welcome. I was starting to feel really alone and DH is getting tired of hearing about my cycles LOL
Joseph David arrived 2/4/10

July 7th, 2008, 10:22 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My DH gets tired of it too..

I hope your stay here is over before you know it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search