It's IVF for me!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Angel_Maker
UGGGHHHHHH!!!! My intuitions were RIGHT!!! I have no mature (or even dominant follicles!!!) ***???? I did *5* rounds of 50mg Clomid and O'd everytime! I did *1* round of 100mg and O'd-but they give me 150mg and my OVARIES take a VACATION!!!!

I told the doctor that I'm done, I haven't seen *my doctor* (Dr. Duffy) my last 2 visits (I've seen Dr. Freeman) and after today's appointment, I decided to switch to Dr. Freeman....

During the appt. Dr. Freeman said that I had "other" options such as ovarian drilling that "we could try"...I told him I'm not a science experiment and I want to DO something that has a good chance of getting me pregnant! I told him straight up that *MY* only option as far as I'm concerned is IVF....so he told me to schedule a reconsult with Dr. Duffy to get the process started! HOWEVER, Dr. Duffy's next available appt. wasn't until the 25th!!!!! So THAT'S why I switched to Dr. Freeman! My reconsult to start IVF is MONDAY !! We will hopefully be able to begin the process right away!!! I'm a little freaked about the money, but DH said we'll worry about that later-also, I know my parents will help us if need be (although I'm not counting on it nor depending on it)

They gave me a printout with a list of meds and procedures along with prices....the estimated total cost is between $10,424 and $10,626

I have about half of that in an "IVF FUND" that I set up about a year ago, so we will use that PLUS take out a personal loan for amount $5K to pay the rest....It will all work itself out! I just hope that THIS IS IT!!!!!
July 8th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Jessa78's Avatar Super Mommy
Brandi, I am so sorry the Clomid didn't do its job this cycle!! However, I am really happy that your DH is supporting you with the new Plan! I have a good feeling about this, honey. I will be hoping and praying that IVF gives you a beautiful on the first try!!

July 8th, 2008, 11:22 AM
jandswood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jandswood
Brandi,
I'm sorry you had no eggs! I really hope IVF works for you guys!
July 8th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Chatterbox's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! I thought for sure that you were going to have a ton of mature follicles. I'm sorry you didn't have good news today. *hugs* I'm sure IVF will do it for you hun.

July 8th, 2008, 01:20 PM
ilmsg's Avatar Veteran

I'm sorry about your news today. Hopefully you'll have beginners luck on your Ivf journey!
The price you got is actually really cheap compared to here. Here a cycle usually runs about 15000 to 20000 depending on what you have done NOT including meds. Meds are another couple thousand depending on what you are on.
TTC #1 since October 2006

Three Clomid/IUI cycles... all BFN
IVF #1: Transferred 2, BFN
IVF #2 (FET): Cancelled due to thin lining, converted to EFT cycle

*Abnormal EFT/biopsy...surgical hysteroscopy done to remove scarring and polyps*
Mock IVF cycle and repeat EFT is NORMAL!

FET transfer 10/27, BFP!!

#1 Beta: 11/5 - 44
#2 Beta: 11/7 - 145
#3 Beta: 11/14 - 4835
1st U/S: 12/2 - no h/b, waiting to m/c

July 8th, 2008, 02:43 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that's about what we spent for one fresh cycle, everything included. I remember it was just under $11000. I'm sorry clomid didn't do its job!!!! But YAY for monday's appt!!!!
July 8th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry the Clomid didn't work this month. But I am so hopeful that IVF is going to do the trick for you! I am keeping you in my prayers hun!

July 8th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry too Brandi! My IVF was about 16K, prices seem to vary so much per clinic. It's great that you've saved some from last year. Good luck as you start IVF. I really wish the clomid worked, but at least you have a plan and got an appt so quickly!!!

Thank you to *Kiliki* for creating the perfect siggy!

"Victory is sweetest when you have known defeat" ~Malcolm Forbes

IUI #1 - Nov 07 = BFN, IUI #2 - Dec 07 = BFN
IVF #1 - Apr 08 = BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 18
Dec 2 - Beta 1: 198!! Dec 4 - Beta 2: 660!!
Dec 15 - 1st U/S - We're having twins!!!
Dec 23 - 2nd U/S - Surprise it's triplets!!!
July 8th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know you are let down that you had to get to this point but trust me, your odds are much better w/ IVF than they ever will be w/ IUIs. You have a 55% chance of getting pg w/ IVF. It can't get much better than that! You just remember that this is all for a baby, 1 that you will be holding in your arms soon enough. Miracles do happen!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search