Popping in with a question...

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Super Mommy
Im not a member of this group but I was hoping that someone here might know something about IUI's and HCG shots. My sister in law has been trying to concieve for approx. 5 years now, with 2 miscarriages in the past.(unkown reasons) Her last miscarriage was 3 years ago and she hasnt been able to get pregnant since. She has been doing IUI's and HCG shots for the past few months. She tested today 10 days past IUI and said she got a blaring positive(she describes it as the line being almost as dark as the control line with a frer). We are all pretty sure that means shes pregnant since her doctor told her to wait 10 days after the IUI to test and it has been 10 days. I was just curious if there was any way it could be a false negative since she did have an HCG shot 10 days ago and the pregnant line was so dark?? I know she has a higher risk of multiples...so maybe its just that??? I really hope that she is pregnant and this one sticks!

Thanks Crystald22 for my beautiful siggy!!
July 9th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Jennifer-in-Italy
I was told I could not trust a positive result until 15 days past trigger unless I had tested before and gotten a negative. I hope it is a positive for her!
July 9th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Jessa78's Avatar Super Mommy
Honey, I'm so sorry but I have to agree with Jennifer since I just went through this last cycle, too. If she hasn't been testing to see the HCG trigger leave her system, it could very well be a false positive. It also depends on how much HCG they gave her. I took 10,000 units and it was in my system until 13DPO. They say you're supposed to lose 1,000 units a day but for some women (such as myself) it can take longer.

I hope this is her turn, hon, and she has a very happy and healthy 9 months! I would only advise her to be cautious and maybe test again in 4 or 5 days. Good Luck!!

July 9th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Super Mommy
Thank you for your responses...She went to the doctor this afternoon and the doctor did bloodwork and said she was for sure pregnant...Im so excited for her and Hope you all get your BFP's soon too!

Thanks Crystald22 for my beautiful siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search