Blocked Tube...

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2008, 08:02 AM
tracyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had my HSG yesterday afternoon. The doctor discovered that my right tube is blocked. The procedure was awful and the news was even worse.

Does anyone have a similar issue? I was curious what the probable next step is. I couldn't get a follow up appointment until July 29th so I am going crazy wondering what's next!

I appreciate any and all thoughts.

Thank You!
July 10th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Jessy133's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hey tracy im so sorry about your news! I dont have a blocked tube persay but I do have a damaged left tube. The doctor noticed that no fluid went thru it and also that it was shaped wierd.

What they have planned for me is to do a laproscopy procedure. I also have a huge cyst on my right ovary. So what they are gonna do is go in and take care of the cyst and remove it and see if they can repair my left tube.

I would think they would have to do the same type of procedure for just a blocked tube. I would think they need to go inside and see how blocked it is etc.

I wish you luck and hope that July 29th comes flying by!

Keep us updated!

xoxoxoxo

July 10th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Garfieldbear's Avatar Super Mommy
I have a completely blocked right tube, and my RE said that it was in a location that wasn't operable. This has definately put me at a slight disadvantage for fertility treatments...the first cycle I tried 100 mg of Clomid, I had a bunch of good ripe eggs on my right ovary (the blocked one) and no strong ones on the left. That cycle was canceled, and I decided to not proceed with Clomid anymore because I didn't want to waste months where there would be no good eggs on my left ovary. I went on to injectables, and was put on the lowest dose of Gonal-F because I have PCOS and am young. I am very glad that I made this decision, because I went for my follicle scan today and I have 3 good sized eggs on my left ovary (and 2 on my right as well). A lot of women fear injections, but personally my experience so far has been wonderful....no side effects, no pain, and the needles are so small that they aren't a big deal at all. I felt more ill on the Clomid, actually. It's more expensive, though, so I hope that you have insurance that at least covers IUI. In summary, having a blocked fallopian tube puts you at a disadvantage, but going on injections will definately help you grow eggies on both ovaries (whereas Clomid tends to produce eggs on one side mainly--you might alternate ovaries every month, each woman is different). Good luck, let us know how it goes

July 10th, 2008, 09:40 AM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am one of those women that alternate ovaries each month, pretty predictable. when I lost my left tube, the next time I got pg it was during a cycle that I O'd with the right ovary (course, then I lost that tube too. ). If you choose to do nothing (surgically) as long as your remaining tube is clear and you have at least one good egg in the ovary on that side you should be okay, it just might take longer depending on how you ovulate. They may be able to go in and remove the blockage too.

good luck!!
July 10th, 2008, 09:46 AM
tracyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks! That makes me feel better. I definitely want to avoid surgery if possible. I do ovulate so I don't think Clomid would be a good option for me. I do believe my doctor mentioned injectibles. I will find out more at my appointment. Thank you so much for all you comments. It makes me feel much better!
July 11th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
Sorry to hear your HSG showed a blocked tube. I hope the flies by to July 29. I hope that your DR has a great plan for you!! Good Luck!!

Sorry to hear your HSG showed a blocked tube. I hope the flies by to July 29. I hope that your DR has a great plan for you!! Good Luck!!

Do not mention on FB
July 11th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Veteran
Sorry your tube is blocked! Hopefully with that info you can use it to get a BFP soon!!
July 12th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to amy2008
Sorry to hear about the blockage! I hope the 29th comes fast. I had a tube removed due to a tubal pregnancy and am now on injectables. I completely agree with Garfieldbear. The shots are not a big deal at all and I had more s/e with Clomid.

Good luck!

My Angels:
Hope - m/c 10/5/04
Junior - m/c 1/31/06
Baby - m/c 1/27/08
May - d&c/lap/tube removal 6/13/08

IVF in September: BFN

To view my blog click here

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search