Got my second beta results

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2008, 12:26 PM
*Lana*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The nurse just called with my results.

My first beta drawn on Wednesday (14dpo) was 274. The beta drawn yesterday (Friday-16dpo) was 551.
I am scheduled for my first ultrasound at 6.5 weeks and that will be on Monday, July 27th. I can't believe how relieved I am! I've been up since 3:30am thinking about it.

The only concern I have so far is that I have absolutely no appetite and have lost 3 pounds since Tuesday. She wasn't concerned, just told me to make sure I keep taking my vitamins and keep trying to eat. Getting pg is not how I expected to get to my goal weight!

Now off to tell my mom...or buy something to give to her that says "Grandma!" Since my dad is home, that will mean that I will have to get her to come over to my house for some reason...we've all agreed to wait to tell my dad for a little while.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ok...I woke at 3:30am yesterday morning and was insanely paranoid so I asked my RE office if I could have a third beta drawn.

Beta #1: 274--14dpo
Beta #2: 551--16dpo
Beta #3: 3912--20dpo

Based upon my first beta, at 20dpo and doubling it should be 2192.

I think I was holding my breath the entire time! I told the nurse that I should be ok for another 12 days until I have my ultrasound at the RE office...but I do have an appointment at my OB office in 7 days.

July 12th, 2008, 01:19 PM
jdecke04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to jdecke04 Send a message via MSN to jdecke04 Send a message via Yahoo to jdecke04
Congrats!!!!!!!!!

</div>
July 12th, 2008, 02:40 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on those great #'s!!!
July 12th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
Congrats!!!

Do not mention on FB
July 12th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Jessa78's Avatar Super Mommy
Yay!!! Lana, those are awesome numbers!!

July 12th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Veteran
AWESOME!! Those are some Big Fat Awesome Numbers!!!
July 12th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
congrats!!! Were you able to tell your mom?????

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
July 12th, 2008, 08:21 PM
I went to Hallmark and found a silver frame that says "3 Generations" and then some sweet quote at the bottom. Then I created a 'picture' to put in it: It was a cutout of a duck and above I wrote "Coming in March!" and at the bottom I put "Photo coming soon!"

I called my mom to ask if she needed to go to Costco, she hesitated, and I asked if she would go with me and she immediately said yes (I have a bad back so she does the heavy lifting for me...I feel bad!). She calls on her way over and says, "We'll be there in a couple minutes"...my dad was with her. So, I thought I was going to have to forgo that plan. While we were there, I remembered that I had a tire that needed air and asked my dad if he would check it out--not just to get rid of him...I really needed the tire checked out. So, while he took the car to the gas station, I sat down and chatted with my mom.

I had gotten her a nice heart-warming Daughter-to-Mother cards that thanked her for her support through all my infertility stuff and also for the support while I was taking a break. She got a little misty-eyed over the card. It seemed to take forever for her to unwrap the frame and she looked at it, gasped, and said, "Really?" Tears (from her) and hugs came next. She thought I should give it to my dad, and I said that DH wanted to tell him. When they left, my mom whispered to me that we better tell my dad soon because it was going to be torture to keep that a secret from him.

So, it was a good day...started off by getting the beta results, then my dad bought all my stuff at Costco (love my dad!), my dad put air in my tire, and I made my mom cry. :-) Now, if I can get a good nights sleep I'll be even better!

I also mentioned that I would be needing some bras soon, and my mom instantly said she would buy me some--never saw someone get so excited about bra shopping! And I showed her the few things that I had bought (trying to integrate some maternity/bigger sizes into my current work wardrobe so I don't suddenly have an entire new wardrobe of loose fitting clothes).

Not sure how I'll have DH tell my dad (both of DH's parent's are deceased but he gets along great with my parents). My dad usually teases DH and asks when he's going to have a baby (my dad loves all kids!)--this always makes DH blush. So I may see about going out to dinner/lunch after church tomorrow and hope that my dad will ask that question. Otherwise, the backup plan would be to give my dad the jar of Prego spaghetti sauce that I gave DH last cycle when I got a +HPT. I added onto the label and underneath the word "Prego" it says, "We're having a baby!"

July 12th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Super Mommy
Congrats to you!!!!!That is great news!!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 13th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! That was wonderful news! And what a great way to tell your mom!

July 13th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
What a great way to tell your mom! Congrats again!!!

Do not mention on FB
July 14th, 2008, 12:02 AM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! What a sweet way to tell your mom.

July 14th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok so now I am curious did DH tell your Dad yet???

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
July 14th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Yes, DH told my dad yesterday. We went out for dinner after church--apparently my dad told my mom on their way to church that he wanted to go to dinner/lunch with DH and me if we were in church.
DH ordered a drink...he felt he needed that. He finished the first drink and ordered a second by the time he told my dad. He began by beating around the bush. My dad asked DH about vacation and when he would take time off. He said he was going to wait until sometime in March. DH kept hinting about March and my dad was not catching on. DH said I would be taking some time off of work in March too. Dad still wasn't getting in. My mom and me are just looking at eachother and smiling--I'm covering my mouth because I have a huge grin on my face. My dad asked me to clarify since DH wasn't and said this was up to DH.
DH finally asked my dad if he would make a cake in March (my dad is no pastry chef, but he has been making birthday cakes for the 7 grandkids for about 10 years--he bakes the cake and decorates it how the kid wants it). My dad still wasn't getting it, and then he asked if we were having a baby, and DH said yes. My dad's first response was, "I can make 8 cakes a year. No problem!"

July 14th, 2008, 10:48 AM
amberrose22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to amberrose22 Send a message via Yahoo to amberrose22
awww how sweet!
July 14th, 2008, 02:02 PM
EricsMom's Avatar SuperMommy!
THAT'S AWESOME!

CONGRATS!

TTCMA Again (after a 4 year break of NTNP, 8 yrs total TTC'ing #2)
Cycle #1 - July/Aug 2013 - BFN
5mg Femara CD3 - 7, Trigger CD25, CD32 Prog. 26.1, 10/11 Day LP
Cycle #2 - Aug/Sep 2013 - a bust ... no "O" ... waiting for injectibles protocol

Me (38) Annovulatory, PCOS, IR and Type 2 Diabetes, DH (44), DS (8)

"Learning to have faith, think positively, believe in myself and trust in God."

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search