Help a newbie out!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 15th, 2008, 04:44 PM
brokebackbacon
I trigger tonight for my very first IUI Thursday! I
had 2 follies, both at 19.5mm at this morning's appt. Now I have a bunch of
questions

How long after the shot will I get a positive pregnancy
test? (I am using Ovidrel)

How long does it take the Ovidrel to leave my system?

Why do people distinguish between dpo and dpiui? Are there
specific days I should be aware of?
July 15th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Chatterbox's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I trigger tonight for my very first IUI Thursday! I
had 2 follies, both at 19.5mm at this morning’s appt. Now I have a bunch of
questions

How long after the shot will I get a positive pregnancy
test? (I am using Ovidrel)

I took my trigger, also Ovidrel, around 11 AM and by time I got home at about noon I had a positive IC test. Or are you asking when you can expect it to not give you a false reading? If so, see answer below.

How long does it take the Ovidrel to leave my system?

It truly depends on the amount that you are given. I didn't test daily to see when it was out of my system, but I know that 9dpiui I had a stark white IC. Testing daily with ICs would help you to know that better.

Why do people distinguish between dpo and dpiui? Are there
specific days I should be aware of?

I distinguish between dpo and dpiui because my IUI was done after I ovulated at 48 hours past my trigger. I ovulated either super late the night before or super early the morning of. It was also much easier for me since I'm not sure exactly when I O'd with the trigger. Most people tend to have their IUI before they ovulate somewhere between 12-36 hours after trigger, so that the sperm is waiting on the egg. Then they ovulate shortly after that. Therefore, dpo wouldn't necessarily apply there. That is my understanding anyhow. You can use whatever works for you though. [/b]
Good luck to you!

July 15th, 2008, 05:14 PM
brokebackbacon
Thanks for explaining that! I am going to test to make sure it is out of my system, and then wait until later to test for a BFP. So I didn't know when I could test and get a positive, I thought you had to wait a few days or something.
July 15th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
Good Luck!!!

Do not mention on FB
July 15th, 2008, 07:37 PM
brokebackbacon
Thanks everyone! I am excited just to get some good news

I think I may have a problem though.

I just took two OPKs, and here is what I got:

Uhhh, I hope that doesn't mean I will ovulate tomorrow! What does that mean in terms of IUI. Is it okay to do an IUI after you O, and if so how long after your O is acceptable?
July 15th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Did you trigger before you took the OPKs? The trigger can make your OPKs positive as well as HPTs. I did get positive OPKs before I triggered with both my IUIs. I got positive OPKs at noon, triggered a few hours later and had my IUIs the next day. If you did not trigger before you got your positive OPK, call your OB tonight or early tomorrow to see if they want to move up the IUI because you are already surging on your own. If you triggered before you tested, don't worry about it. Good luck!

February, 2005
August, 2005
July 15th, 2008, 07:52 PM
brokebackbacon
Eeeek! I have not triggered tonight. They told me to do it at midnight. Should I call now? Does this qualify as an emergency? lol
July 15th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Ok don't panic! You tend to ovulate 12-48 hours after a positive OPK. I would go ahead and trigger like they told you and then call your doctor first thing in the morning. They may move up your IUI because of that, but they may not. I hope this is your cycle!

Edited to add: If you feel more comfortable calling tonight, then call tonight!

July 15th, 2008, 07:59 PM
brokebackbacon
Okay, I am trying not to panic! So I should just call first thing in the morning. Agh!

I dunno if I should page him like it is an emergency! It is either that or wait until morning.
July 15th, 2008, 08:00 PM
I would just wait until the morning and just go ahead as planned. That way they know that's what you got, yet you triggered, and can move forward sooner. FYI, my IUI was done after I O'd - shortly after, but after.

July 15th, 2008, 08:05 PM
brokebackbacon
Ok Thanks so much for the advice! I am freaking out over here, lol. In the past I usually ovulate the day after I get a positive OPK, but I don't know if the trigger accelerates that?
July 15th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Y'all BD'd tonight right? I know the whole IUI thing makes people panic. I don't know about the trigger speeding that up. I just know the trigger sends the signal to the brain telling your body to ovulate in the next 12-48 hours. Just like when your body does it naturally. I triggered because on the clomid, my body didn't ovulate by itself, but I had a big follie.

July 15th, 2008, 08:36 PM
brokebackbacon
WE are definitely Bding tonight! After we go to the gym I am starting to calm down a bit, so thank you!
July 15th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Y'all go to the gym this late at night? Wow - that's dedication...lol. Good for you. I'm glad you are calming down, but make sure to get busy once you get home. So don't wear yourself out too much!

July 15th, 2008, 08:44 PM
brokebackbacon
LOL. It's the only thing that seems to be working to treat my PCOS. It is almost 8pm here, but I am going to try and make it a quick workout. Luckily I am usually more energetic after a good workout, hehe.
July 15th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Wow you go girl. I can't even bring myself to do my 10 minute prenatal pilates video. It kicked my butt the other day because I'm battling a nasty sinus infection. I figure if I can get my legs, butt, thighs, and arms toned I might not look as fat as normal when I get huge pregnant...lol!!

Make sure you put that extra energy to good use!

July 15th, 2008, 09:26 PM
jandswood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jandswood
Good luck!!!
July 15th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Super Mommy
Just wanted to wish you

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 15th, 2008, 10:57 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck!!!!!

July 16th, 2008, 03:49 PM