Possible good news about finances

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 15th, 2008, 05:17 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I talked to the financial person at my RE's office. She told me how much everything would cost (ultrasounds, follow up exam, blood work) which....yikes!!!

But then she said with my insurance, United Healthcare, even though infertility is not covered, that sometimes they DO cover the ultrasounds and exams. It just depends. She said I can pay for it out of pocket and then to call her and she would would submit the billing to the insurance company and see if they cover it. She said they do cover it a good amount of the time but it can depend on your diagnosis and which specific insurance plan you have.

I asked about the coding for it and she said it's the doctor or nurse that does that, so I am going to try and talk to them at my baseline ultrasound and see if there is ANY WAY they can code it so that it will be covered. I'm not above begging.

She said my first visit was covered because the RE coded it as...something...dysmenorrhea I think.

So please cross your fingers and say a prayer for me that I can end up getting these things covered! It would make things SO much easier financially. Otherwise one Clomid cycle could end up costing about $700 with the ultrasounds, follow up visit and bloodwork.

July 15th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
Good Luck!! I really hope that you are able to get some of it covered!!!

Do not mention on FB
July 15th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Chatterbox's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck. I hope you get it covered too. Everything for me was covered until after my first IUI since we did it unmedicated. After that, everything was coded to where insurance didn't cover it.

July 15th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ohhh..I hope it gets covered!

July 15th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Super Mommy
I hope it is covered for you...

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 15th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Jessa78's Avatar Super Mommy
Good Luck, Shannon!! I hope they cover it all, honey!

July 16th, 2008, 09:43 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
good luck!

In my experience, RE's are very understanding of this type of thing, and pretty good about getting everything that can be covered covered.

July 16th, 2008, 09:51 AM
txjovigal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to txjovigal Send a message via Yahoo to txjovigal
Good Luck and I really hope its covered....

However, with that said, I should let you know that I was told the same thing (and I have United Healthcare) and so far not one thing has been covered. Of course, we probably have different plans and different Drs., so I do hope it works out for you because it didn't for me.

working on my 3rd, for sure by 11/15/11
July 16th, 2008, 10:08 AM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks everyone. I am going to try NOT giving them my insurance card when I get my Clomid (they won't cover it anyway) so that hopefully I don't get flagged as "Infertility". And I'll ask my Dr/Nurse about the coding too when I go in for my baseline ultrasound.

If they don't cover it, I crunched numbers last night and it won't be quite as bad as I thought. Now if we get into IUI and injectibles it may start getting really scary. But I guess we'll deal with it somehow if it comes to that.

July 16th, 2008, 03:36 PM
brokebackbacon
That is great news! I hope they can get you one heck of a deal!

I think it is such crap that more health insurance doesn't cover all of this.
July 16th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Super Mommy
Good Luck with the Insur...My doc told me that our Walmart has CLomid on the $4 plan thing????Check that out maybe......My ob has put everything down as treatment so far I have just done Clomid and some ultrasounds...But, they pay pretty much all of the stuff..As for going to my RE the insur. told me once I was determined to have whatever I had that was it but......who knows.. Good luck again!!!!!!

THANKS TO *Sharon* FOR MY BEAUTIFUL SIGGY!!!

BFP!!!!! 2/11/09
Beta #1 -2184
Beta #2 -4800
Beta #3-13000
Beta #4-35000
July 17th, 2008, 08:05 AM
^JenJen^
good luck!
July 18th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Shannon! I hope this all works out for you. I've been stalking you.

July 18th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Angel_Maker
GOOD LUCK!!! I know how stressful the financial aspect of TTC can be!!! Hope it all works out!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search