Update on me

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Veteran
I have been lurking, but haven't written in a while. Soooooooo.......

Today I went for my first IUI, natural cycle. It went pretty well. Proud of myself. Most of all, I am proud of my hubby's swimmers.

Poor thing was so scared when he gave up his sample. Motility 98% and progression 4. So of the 98% that were awake all of them were moving upward. We laughed about the 2% who apparently did not get the memo to wake up early!!! He promised he would wake all of them up tomorrow when we go for our second IUI since my follicle hasn't collapsed. Follicle is HUGE at 23cm.

I am sure that if all the swimmers are up and alert, the eggie should not be difficult to see.....I mean that egg should be pretty big.....

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.
July 26th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Great size egg and great work on DH's part! Good luck with the 2nd IUI!

February, 2005
August, 2005
July 26th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
Good Luck!!! Hope you get that eggie and your BFP!!!!

Do not mention on FB
July 26th, 2008, 07:06 PM
jandswood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jandswood
good luck!!!
July 27th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Veteran
Thanks everyone for the good wishes.

The second IUI didn't pan out because of a few reasons: 1. It was up to us if we wanted to come back the next day. We would not have a sonogram, just the IUI. We were going to do this, but .... 2. I ovulated about 4 hours after the 1st IUI. I was scheduled for another IUI 16 hours later which would have put us well near the 24 hour mark for egg viability ( getting called + sample making + sample washing + waiting for a room + identifying sample + insertion prep = 2 more hours..... so we decided to save the $$$ just in case we need another IUI cycle.

Doc said egg would be viable 12-24 hours. Definitely 12 hours. The longer it takes to romance the egg the less viable the egg.

We figured that we had over 25million troops on the job waiting for the egg. Of those, at least 10 million would see the egg. I figured if we added more so late, it would not up our chances that close to the egg not being viable.

Hope we did the right thing. Hubby says we are covered, doc says we are covered. I am freaking out with worry.

What do you think?
July 27th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
I would say you are covered. I would have done the same thing. Good Luck!! Hope you catch that eggie!!!

Do not mention on FB
July 28th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Veteran
Thanks!! Now I have the 11 day wait ahead. I think it is stressful....lol.....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search