Opinions Wanted!!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Super Mommy
So, I'm going the my first in-vitro cycle!!!! And I'm trying to keep my mind busy so that I don't think of it too much!! As if that were possible So I figured I would ask the POAS pros!! I don't know exactly when then ER and ET will be but possibly this weekend or some time next week!!! How many days past the transfer should I start testing? Or should I test to see the trigger leave my system? Or should I just hold out until they do my beta? Part of me wants to do all of them Part of me feels that I should wait until the beta and maybe I will get pg. B/C if I test all along maybe it won't work? I'm sorry, I'm just rambeling on and on and on!! I just don't want to obcess over this to the point that it won't work but I highly doubt that I will be able to hold out for a beta. KWIM?? What do you think I should do!?!?!?! I need your opinions!!!!

July 28th, 2008, 03:33 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you want to test for the trigger shot then start around 8 days past getting it..by 10 days past it should be gone. If you want to start testing for a bfp then I wouldnt do it until 10dpo ( 7dp3dt or 5dp5dt ) personally I had no will power for beta's and I always started testing around 10dpo..but I'm a POAS maniac LOL

July 28th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
I would test to watch the trigger leave your system so you know for sure. Good Luck!!

Do not mention on FB
July 28th, 2008, 06:08 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I tested the day I got my trigger just for fun...and kept testing all they way to my BFP. I actually think it brings you luck... not the other way around, but I am a POAS addict. I even tested yesterday for fun. Talk about crazy....

I bought generic FRER (church and dwight) off ebay. I also had some back ups once I had a feeling it was no longer the trigger creating that pretty line. It did make the 2ww go by a lot faster.

My trigger was pretty much gone 8 days after I got the shot. The BFP popped up later that day

Good luck!!!!!

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

July 28th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If you are going to POAS then I would start the day after the transfer to make sure you can watch the trigger leave your system as you don't want to get a false positive only to find out later its negative. Good luck with the cycle sticky dust your way!

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
July 29th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Veteran
I too would test out your trigger. Start the day after transfer like PP said! Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me 28, DH 31
Married 09/2003
TTC #1 since 08/2007, history on FF Home Page - from IUI's to IVF we have tried it all.
TTC Cycle #20

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search