1st infertility appt

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2008, 07:20 PM
polbilly's Avatar Super Mommy
many of you know me but for those who dont a quick history. I have been pg 3 times the first ended with an ectopic that ruptured the second 3 months later that ended in miscarrage and 4 weeks after that i found out that i was pregnant with my son. ( i was pg 3 times in 6 months) this all took place in 2005 last year i was treated for cervical cancer and had surgery. now we have been ttc for 13 months. i went in for my 1st infertility appt yesterday and the dr feels that my cervix is scared and with the concern for my tubes being blocked or scared he wants to be sure that they are clear before considering an iui. however, he tried to dialate my cervix yesterday in the office and he couldnt bc it was so painful from the scaring. so he said there is no way he will be able to do the hsg. so he wants to do a laprascopy and and be sure that everything is clear and do a procedure simialr to an hsg while hes in there but he will actually watch the dye spill from my tube. im so torn i dont know what to do. does this seem like hes really doing all he can or does it sound to far....... i really dont know what to think i really wasnt expecting it i thought I would get some meds and go on my way.

help what do you think

melissa

April 30, Miscarriage
april 29, 16 dpo beta 7
april 27, 14 dpo beta 13.5
april 25, 12 dpo beta 8.5
April 24, 11dpiui BFP
april 13, 2014 iui#1.
Feb 2014, TTC #3
Madyson Renee born 7-23-2009
Dec 3rd first ultrasound HEARTBEAT and ALL!!!!!
Clomid and IUI cycle 1st cycle BFP Beta 17.63 @ 10dpiui
TTC 18 months Laprascopy 8-19-2008
Jackson James Born 3-8-2006
Miscarriage at 5 weeks 6-13-2005
Ectopic feb 14, 2005

July 29th, 2008, 07:55 PM
jandswood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jandswood
Welcome!!!
I think it is a good idea to check the tubes before trying IUI. And since he can't do the HSG I think he has a good plan going with the lap.
Good luck hun! I hope you get your BFP soon!
July 30th, 2008, 04:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
I agree. I think that to be checked is the best before starting IUI. Good Luck!! Welcome!!

Do not mention on FB
July 30th, 2008, 06:18 AM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think your dr is moving in the right direction. There's no point in doing an IUI if your tubes are blocked - you'd be at a higher risk of another ectopic.

Good luck and I hope those tubes are perfect!!!
July 31st, 2008, 03:59 PM
EricsMom's Avatar SuperMommy!
Not just that, if you couldn't tolerate dilation in the office, you won't be able to tolerate it for the IUI. The scare tissue may also prevent the natural passage of sperm into your uterus. It sounds like your Dr. is very thorough and has a good plan.

Good luck to you and your next miracle!

TTCMA Again (after a 4 year break of NTNP, 8 yrs total TTC'ing #2)
Cycle #1 - July/Aug 2013 - BFN
5mg Femara CD3 - 7, Trigger CD25, CD32 Prog. 26.1, 10/11 Day LP
Cycle #2 - Aug/Sep 2013 - a bust ... no "O" ... waiting for injectibles protocol

Me (38) Annovulatory, PCOS, IR and Type 2 Diabetes, DH (44), DS (8)

"Learning to have faith, think positively, believe in myself and trust in God."

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search