Bad News

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2008, 01:35 PM
kmannetta2005's Avatar Veteran
So I got my Beta back as Neg(as I knew) What I did not expect was my Dr. to tell me he wants to remove my fallopian tubes I have hydrosalpinx(fluid) in my fallopian tubes which can leak into the uterine cavity and cause it to kill the embryo. He had told me last year that he wanted to try a few IVF's before he went to surgery. Now that we have had two failed cycles he wants to do it. He wanted to schedule it for this month but I told him no b/c my brother is getting married in the mountains at the end of the month so I don't want to miss that. I will probably get it done in Sept/Oct. Has anyone had them removed?

Kelly-28
DH- 31
TTC since 2/2007
HSG done in 12/2007 and showed blockage of tubes
3/2008- First IVF=BFN
Starting 2ND IVF cycle in June- Hoping for a 2009 Baby!!!!
6/25/08- starting lupron injections
7/7/08- suppression check
7/7/08- start Gonal-F
7/17/08- trigger shot
7/19/08- retrieval (please fertilize eggies): 7/22/08- transferred 2 embies HCG scheduled for 8/4
August 4th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Angel_Maker
I've never had that done (nor have I heard about doing it for the reason you stated) but if that is what's causing the failed IVFs, then I hope the surgery corrects the problem and you get your next time around GOOD LUCK!!!
August 4th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My friend had five IVF's, she had her tubes removed after the fourth time, and has one year old twin girls now For that reason alone I would do it if it was presented to me in the future. They talked about that at the IVF session we went to last week.

Lucky mother to five!

August 4th, 2008, 06:31 PM
I don't know anything about it, but I wanted to wish you the best. Sounds like you have a good doctor that listens to your needs. That is important.
August 4th, 2008, 06:35 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have heard of that and frankly I'm suprised they didn't have me go in to have what's left of my left tube removed (when they removed it, they left about 1/2 of it, but not enough to get pg with). I had surgery for cysts & scar tissue a couple months before we did the fresh cycle of IVF and they told me that tube was the same way, filled with fluid. They drained it and just left it at that.
August 4th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was also told they can just clip them instead of removing them.

Lucky mother to five!

August 4th, 2008, 06:40 PM
~Sandy~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had mine removed. The surgery is laproscopic so the worst part about it is the gas they blow you up with. Mine were removed due to severe scar tissue from a uterine infection I got when my son was born (long story) that caused me to have an ectopic. I am surprised they left yours in knowing it was hydro, since tthtat fluid can back up into the uterus and sabotage a pregnancy.

Good that they take them out for that and it will also be a blessing to not have to worry about ectopics except in extreme cases where they go through the uterine lining which is pretty rare. Good luck!
August 4th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
I have not heard about this. But wanted to wish you luck! Hope they get this figured out and you get your BFP real soon.

Do not mention on FB
August 4th, 2008, 07:22 PM
*becky*'s Avatar Mommy to Bailey & Camryn
I've never heard of that before...but good luck!!! I hope it works for you!

August 4th, 2008, 07:26 PM
jandswood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jandswood
I had not heard of it either! I hope you get your BFP your next cycle trying!
August 4th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Quote:
I have heard of that and frankly I'm suprised they didn't have me go in to have what's left of my left tube removed (when they removed it, they left about 1/2 of it, but not enough to get pg with). I had surgery for cysts & scar tissue a couple months before we did the fresh cycle of IVF and they told me that tube was the same way, filled with fluid. They drained it and just left it at that.[/b]

They did not drain them b/c the fluid can come back. I am suprised that they did not remove the rest of yours either.

Quote:
I had mine removed. The surgery is laproscopic so the worst part about it is the gas they blow you up with. Mine were removed due to severe scar tissue from a uterine infection I got when my son was born (long story) that caused me to have an ectopic. I am surprised they left yours in knowing it was hydro, since tthtat fluid can back up into the uterus and sabotage a pregnancy.

Good that they take them out for that and it will also be a blessing to not have to worry about ectopics except in extreme cases where they go through the uterine lining which is pretty rare. Good luck![/b]

My dr had mentioned when we met that if I was not PG by two IVF's than he would consider surgery. He said the hydrosalpinx was not that bad but we would keep an eye on it. It makes sense that we are doing it now b/c after two failed cycles I bet the fluid was killing the embryo's. I just really hope this ups my chances.

Quote:
My friend had five IVF's, she had her tubes removed after the fourth time, and has one year old twin girls now For that reason alone I would do it if it was presented to me in the future. They talked about that at the IVF session we went to last week.[/b]

Thank You for telling me that story about your friend. I am glad to hear a success story after getting them removed. It gives me some hope.

Kelly-28
DH- 31
TTC since 2/2007
3/2008- First IVF=BFN
7/7/08- start Gonal-F
7/17/08- trigger shot
7/19/08- retrieval (please fertilize eggies): 7/22/08- transferred 2 embies HCG scheduled for 8/4
August 4th, 2008, 10:14 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
Good luck!
August 4th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Tresy's Avatar Veteran
Yep, I had both of mine removed. Actually, my RE said he wouldn't even touch me until my tubes were removed. He felt that it hindered the results of IVF too much to go through it with my tubes still in there. Good luck to you!!

Jake & Daddy in their Converse

August 5th, 2008, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Yep, I had both of mine removed. Actually, my RE said he wouldn't even touch me until my tubes were removed. He felt that it hindered the results of IVF too much to go through it with my tubes still in there. Good luck to you!![/b]

So did they remove both of them? I am glad to hear that you got pregnant after that.

Kelly-28
DH- 31
TTC since 2/2007
3/2008- First IVF=BFN
7/7/08- start Gonal-F
7/17/08- trigger shot

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search