Trying to Conceive using Clomid

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Send a message via AIM to Specedtchr612 Send a message via Yahoo to Specedtchr612
To make a long story short I have been on Clomid once before. I had a miscarriage back in July of 07 and my doctor's don't believe it was because of the medication. They said it was just an abnormal cell. Anyhow, a year later and another doctor later I've come to find out that I don't produce progestrone. I also had a cyst that they wanted to wait for me to get rid of (many trips to the OB/GYN for untrasounds) and therefore I must take provera every one to three months to have regular periods.

About a month ago I got so fed up with all of my friends telling me that they were pregant with their second child that I decided to take matters in my own hands. I asked my doctor for my provera as well as the clomid that we had talked about taking again.

Well I had gotten my period on December 11th and I started taking the provera on the 13th (Days five through seven). Anyhow, I started testing my ovulation with the clearblue easy fertility monitor that I spent a lot of money on and it seems that it isn't working. Today should be my 19th day and nothing has shown up on the monitor.

I thought that it was mainly my fault thinking I did something wrong. However, when I read the book last night it says that if you are using clomid that the estrogen levels may be too high to detect anything.

I guess my question is has anyone else had any problems with Clomid or tracking their ovulation when on the medication.

I'm getting so frustrated and the fixation of wanting a child is really starting to get to me because I'm tired of people telling me oh it will happen don't worry.

Please help if you can! Thanks so much!
January 1st, 2009, 04:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I didn't use a monitor on Clomid. I just used cheap IC OPKs and had great luck. My first cycle on 50mg I O'd on CD 19 and the second cycle I O'd on CD 17 and got a BFP at 15 DPO. I have heard of other women having trouble using monitors when on Clomid. If it's not something you'd object to I'd recommend ordering some cheap tests from www.accuratepregnancytests.com to use and if you want something better to confirm O you could always buy some midstream tests at the store. Digital OPKs or whatever you prefer. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.

January 1st, 2009, 04:57 PM
richmond_girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to richmond_girl
Hi and welcome. I'm sorry you're having issues with the Clomid. I use the CBEFM as well and it was able to detect my ovulation date perfectly even when I was on Clomid. However, I've heard that is not the case for a lot of women. Clomid can affect the results of all ovulation predictor tests because of how it manipulates your hormones, so the best way to monitor ovulation while on Clomid is through follie scans with your doctor.

You may get more responses to your question if you post in the main board below too. I know a lot of women have had issues tracking ovulation while on Clomid and would love to help you out, but these "sub-boards" are not visited as often.

Good luck!!

January 3rd, 2009, 01:00 PM
Send a message via AIM to Specedtchr612 Send a message via Yahoo to Specedtchr612
Quote:
Hi and welcome. I'm sorry you're having issues with the Clomid. I use the CBEFM as well and it was able to detect my ovulation date perfectly even when I was on Clomid. However, I've heard that is not the case for a lot of women. Clomid can affect the results of all ovulation predictor tests because of how it manipulates your hormones, so the best way to monitor ovulation while on Clomid is through follie scans with your doctor.

You may get more responses to your question if you post in the main board below too. I know a lot of women have had issues tracking ovulation while on Clomid and would love to help you out, but these "sub-boards" are not visited as often.

Good luck!![/b]

Well thank you so much for your responses. Because I was having so many problems with the monitor I decided that I would try it one last time the day after I posted my original responses. It has been high since then and the over the counter tests havn't really been showing anything. So I guess it's working! Maybe Maybe not!
January 3rd, 2009, 02:28 PM
richmond_girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to richmond_girl
Quote:
Quote:

Good luck!![/b]

Well thank you so much for your responses. Because I was having so many problems with the monitor I decided that I would try it one last time the day after I posted my original responses. It has been high since then and the over the counter tests havn't really been showing anything. So I guess it's working! Maybe Maybe not!
[/b]
Keep testing - Clomid can give you a lot of false positive "High" readings on the CBEFM, but sounds like you're getting close. Hopefully you will get that "Peak" reading in the next 7 days or so. Good luck!!

January 3rd, 2009, 07:25 PM
Veteran
I'm on Clomid for the 2nd month. I usually check my temps in am, and all last month my temps were low and flat, so I figured that I didn't ovulate. I had my blood test on CD23 and it came back that I did, in fact, ovulate. So, I think the ease of tracking O is person to person.

Before going on Clomid, my progesterone levels were at 1, so pretty much non-existant. They told me that once I get pregnant, I will need to go on progesterone supp. So, maybe that's something you'll need to do, too?

January 4th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Quote:
I'm on Clomid for the 2nd month. I usually check my temps in am, and all last month my temps were low and flat, so I figured that I didn't ovulate. I had my blood test on CD23 and it came back that I did, in fact, ovulate. So, I think the ease of tracking O is person to person.

Before going on Clomid, my progesterone levels were at 1, so pretty much non-existant. They told me that once I get pregnant, I will need to go on progesterone supp. So, maybe that's something you'll need to do, too?[/b]

I think that is what my doctor told me once I started Clomid but I guess only time will tell.

You know what's really bad though is when your best friend, a friend who didn't want kids in the first place, tells you that she is pregnant and you have already been pregnant once and lost the child and on an uphill battle to get pregant. I think that is what bothers me.

At any rate, like I said before I took the clearblue fertility monitor for the last four days and it's been high. Today it went back to low which makes me think that I have already ovulated. I guess I'll just have to ask for a blood test the next time!

Diane

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search