Success with Clomid

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Here is my short story! In November 2007 my husband and I decided to seriously try to TTC. We both want a big family and felt it was time to get a move on. In March when I went in for my annual fun with my OB/GYN she told me that with my history of getting pregnant while TTA we were dealing with secondary infertility, but at that point it was too soon for her to do anything. We would have to wait until we'd been TTC for a year. Eventually I noticed that my visits from AF were becoming a lot more painful than they used to be and they were also a lot heavier. I went in to see my doctor and she did a basic pelvic exam during which she believed she felt a fibroid. She ordered a CD 7 external and transvaginal ultrasound. When I got those done they showed that there were no fibroids, but after looking at my charts she felt it was necessary to run some CD 3 blood work. At the next appointment she told me that my ovaries were polyfollicular and that my estrogen levels were low. I was diagnosed with mild PCOS. So even though I ovulated on my own the eggs were basically no good and we weren't going to get pregnant that way. She prescribed 50mg of Clomid to be taken on days 5-9 of my cycle and hoped that I would ovulate by the 14th day. The first cycle I didn't ovulate until day 19 so we called the cycle a failure and proceeded with one more cycle at 50mg. That time I didn't ovulate until day 17 of my cycle. Again it was called a failure and my dosage was increased to 100mg. The day that AF was supposed to show up I tested for an unknown reason and finally got my BFP. That was at 15 DPO. I had 4 BFPs that day including a digi. The 100mg of Clomid was completely unnecessary and sits in the cupboard collecting dust. It took 13 cycles to get our BFP.

January 27th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Here is my short story! In November 2007 my husband and I decided to seriously try to TTC. We both want a big family and felt it was time to get a move on. In March when I went in for my annual fun with my OB/GYN she told me that with my history of getting pregnant while TTA we were dealing with secondary infertility, but at that point it was too soon for her to do anything. We would have to wait until we'd been TTC for a year. Eventually I noticed that my visits from AF were becoming a lot more painful than they used to be and they were also a lot heavier. I went in to see my doctor and she did a basic pelvic exam during which she believed she felt a fibroid. She ordered a CD 7 external and transvaginal ultrasound. When I got those done they showed that there were no fibroids, but after looking at my charts she felt it was necessary to run some CD 3 blood work. At the next appointment she told me that my ovaries were polyfollicular and that my estrogen levels were low. I was diagnosed with mild PCOS. So even though I ovulated on my own the eggs were basically no good and we weren't going to get pregnant that way. She prescribed 50mg of Clomid to be taken on days 5-9 of my cycle and hoped that I would ovulate by the 14th day. The first cycle I didn't ovulate until day 19 so we called the cycle a failure and proceeded with one more cycle at 50mg. That time I didn't ovulate until day 17 of my cycle. Again it was called a failure and my dosage was increased to 100mg. The day that AF was supposed to show up I tested for an unknown reason and finally got my BFP. That was at 15 DPO. I had 4 BFPs that day including a digi. The 100mg of Clomid was completely unnecessary and sits in the cupboard collecting dust. It took 13 cycles to get our BFP.[/b]

wow ,congratulations!!!!!!.i too finished 1st round of clomid,but cd21 blood work showed i did not ovulate.today is my CD 46,still waiting fro Af to show up.i have taken HTP last week and it was BFN.My doc has upped my dose to 100mg.i am going to take HPt again this weekend.hopefully i have a BFP or atleasr AF shows up so o ican start with 2nd round of clomid with 100mg.

</a>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search