Has anyone had experience with BOTH tubes being blocked??

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2009, 05:39 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I had an HSG yesterday only to find out that both my tubes are blocked.

Im wondering what they usually do for that.

I have a "sono" today and I am hoping they will go over a plan of action.

TIA!

January 14th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have 1 blocked tube and 1 partially open tube.

We were given 3 options:

1.) Do a laparoscopy to see the cause of blockage---usually scar tissue, which is difficult to surgically repair.

2.) Try 3 rounds of IUI

3.) Go straight to IVF.

I'm sorry to hear about your news but don't dispair---there are options!

Please keep us posted on what you hear from your doctor.
Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

January 14th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Both of mine are blocked... 1 partially. He said we could do a lap to confirm that they are blocked, but if they are scarred there isn't anything they can do. Or we could spend the same amount of money going straight to IVF, which is what he recommended and what we plan to do.

Good Luck! I was devastated when I found out, but like my DH said, at least we know what is going on and that it wasn't all in my head and now we can work to fix the problem!

Both of mine are blocked... 1 partially. He said we could do a lap to confirm that they are blocked, but if they are scarred there isn't anything they can do. Or we could spend the same amount of money going straight to IVF, which is what he recommended and what we plan to do.

Good Luck! I was devastated when I found out, but like my DH said, at least we know what is going on and that it wasn't all in my head and now we can work to fix the problem!
January 14th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
He said we could do a lap to confirm that they are blocked, but if they are scarred there isn't anything they can do[/b]
That was pretty much what our RE said, too, and is why we decided to skip the lap.

Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

January 16th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Both of my tubes were completely blocked. I said "were" because they were actually removed before my 5th IVF cycle because they were filling with fluid and that fluid back flows into the uterus and is not good for implantation. They were useless to me at that point anyway, so taking them out was easiest.

Once the full blockages was confirmed with me, my doctors told me IVF was the only option for getting pregnant.

It's possible they may want to do a lap to see the extent of the blockage and see if there is any way of clearing it, but if it's scar tissue, then there really isn't anything they can do about that.

I'm sorry!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search