Clomid to injectibles transition?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey girls...how do you know when you should switch from Clomid to injectibles? I've read that some doctors keep you on Clomid for 3-6 months...why the large variation? Is it three months if you don't O on Clomid?

So-I'm on my second round of Clomid. First round, I was on 50mg, ovulated one egg and got a BFP (only to miscarry). This cycle, bumped up to 100 mg...had one, maybe two follies...O'd and am currently 11 dpo-but I have a feeling this cycle is going to end with a BFN Is Clomid considered a successful treatment for me because I am O'ing? Guess I'm just looking for guidance...how do you know when to do something different?

Thanks!
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

January 17th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Good Questions... I'd like some feedback on this one as well.

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

January 17th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't really know either.

I O on my own but I am on Clomid to increase the odds of multiple follies on BOTH ovaries--my right side is blocked, so follies on my right ovary are useless.

I have only been having one follie on my left side, which is not the response my RE wanted...he was hoping for more. I guess injectibles would increase the chances of multiple and better eggs?

I don't know--interested to see other answers here!

Have you asked your RE about switching to injectibles?
Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

January 17th, 2009, 10:01 AM
richmond_girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to richmond_girl
I've heard and read that if you don't get pregnant on Clomid within 6 months, it's highly unlikely to work. So I think that's why a lot of doctors start converting to injectables after months 4-6 on Clomid...

January 17th, 2009, 10:14 AM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was on Clomid for three cycles. I am just starting injectables this month. My doctor said if it doesn't work after 3, then my body is not working with it and there is no point in continuing. The same with injectables, I get 3 tries, and then I move on!

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
January 17th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I was on Clomid for three cycles. I am just starting injectables this month. My doctor said if it doesn't work after 3, then my body is not working with it and there is no point in continuing. The same with injectables, I get 3 tries, and then I move on![/b]

Hmmm....I wonder if that "rule" applies if someone has gotten pregnant but miscarried on Clomid? Anyone know?

Another question-why if your ovulating on Clomid-will you be less likely to get pregnant after three or six months? I mean, I just don't get it...it takes normal, healthy people several months to conceive...isn't it the same for Clomid.

I'm so confused
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

January 17th, 2009, 01:04 PM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
I was on Clomid for three cycles. I am just starting injectables this month. My doctor said if it doesn't work after 3, then my body is not working with it and there is no point in continuing. The same with injectables, I get 3 tries, and then I move on![/b]

Hmmm....I wonder if that "rule" applies if someone has gotten pregnant but miscarried on Clomid? Anyone know?

Another question-why if your ovulating on Clomid-will you be less likely to get pregnant after three or six months? I mean, I just don't get it...it takes normal, healthy people several months to conceive...isn't it the same for Clomid.

I'm so confused
[/b]

Clomid works for you then if you were able to become pregnant. I would give it maybe 2-3 more tries and then if unsuccessful move on. Basically if you keep taking it month after month with no pregnancy, there is probably little chance it is what will work for you. Hopefully Clomid will be all you need!

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search