FRER questions

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So...I tested w/ a FRER at what I believe was 10 dpo-and it was a BFN Does anyone know the actual sensitivity of FRER's...different websites say different things. I found one site claiming that it measures 6.5, others 12.5, and still another site claiming 25...anyone know?

I guess I'm also wondering if anyone has ever (or knows of anyone) who has ever tested specifically with a FRER at around 10 dpo and have gotten a BFN-only to get a BFP a few days later? It just seems that using such a sensitive test-I would have already gotten a positive if this month was going to work out? Any thoughts?
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

January 17th, 2009, 01:21 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
The published sensitivity level that the company will guarantee I 25. I have seen cases here on JM where a lady got a positive and confirmed the same day with a level of 6. It can vary from test to test though.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
January 17th, 2009, 02:24 PM
richmond_girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to richmond_girl
I have heard that FRER will turn + at 25 as well... although I know some women have gotten them earlier. I got my BFP at 10DPO with a FRER, but it was very, very faint. I think it might still be too early for you. Did you test with FMU?

January 17th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
the sensitivity can vary from test to test..even two tests in the same box can be different. My earliest BFP with FRER was 11DPO and it was faint.

January 17th, 2009, 03:03 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I used a FRER around 10 or 11dpo came back positive and my beta the same day was only 8! I was pretty shocked that it even came up positive with a beta so low. Hang in there it may just be too early for you yet.

January 17th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I have heard that FRER will turn + at 25 as well... although I know some women have gotten them earlier. I got my BFP at 10DPO with a FRER, but it was very, very faint. I think it might still be too early for you. Did you test with FMU?[/b]
Yup-I used fmu...I hope it's just too early. When I got my BFP last cycle, I must not have implanted until later-around 12 days or so because I tested at the 12 day mark and got a BFN (but had cramping that day that I assumed was AF)...three days later I went for my beta and was shocked that it was positive. Of course, that pregnancy did not work out and I sometimes wonder if that was in part due to the late implantation. Anyway-I just haven't been feeling that this is our cycle....but-I am holding out some hope....
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

January 17th, 2009, 03:25 PM
richmond_girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to richmond_girl
Quote:
Quote:
I have heard that FRER will turn + at 25 as well... although I know some women have gotten them earlier. I got my BFP at 10DPO with a FRER, but it was very, very faint. I think it might still be too early for you. Did you test with FMU?[/b]
Yup-I used fmu...I hope it's just too early. When I got my BFP last cycle, I must not have implanted until later-around 12 days or so because I tested at the 12 day mark and got a BFN (but had cramping that day that I assumed was AF)...three days later I went for my beta and was shocked that it was positive. Of course, that pregnancy did not work out and I sometimes wonder if that was in part due to the late implantation. Anyway-I just haven't been feeling that this is our cycle....but-I am holding out some hope....
[/b]
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

January 17th, 2009, 09:22 PM
AliciaF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I personally have gotten a BFP on a Answer brand test, had my HCG done later that day and it was a 5

(Answer is a generic FRER)

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy Follow us on Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search