DH as a Daddy!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Angel_Maker
When you think of your DH as a Daddy, what do you imagine?

What do you think will be your DH's strong points, and where will he struggle (as a new dad)?

What are you looking forward to seeing most between your DH and your little bundle of joy?

Just bored and was thinking about this myself.....
January 18th, 2009, 11:09 AM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When you think of your DH as a Daddy, what do you imagine? I can see him being very protective and always holding the baby and never sharing with me

What do you think will be your DH's strong points, and where will he struggle (as a new dad)? He will be a great dad, but he worries a lot, I can see him worrying over every little thing, which could make me crazy

What are you looking forward to seeing most between your DH and your little bundle of joy? just seeing him hold and love he baby

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
January 18th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
When you think of your DH as a Daddy, what do you imagine? I think he's going to be a wonderful dad-very attentive and involved in every part of their lives-from birth on up. I've seen him with my good friend's son and he's wonderful The little boy is 18 months old and DH plays with him whenever we are over there. He's probably more comfortable around babies/toddlers than I am!

What do you think will be your DH's strong points, and where will he struggle (as a new dad)? Strong points: DH is, for the most part, very cool headed...he won't freak out like I will when the baby is crying and won't stop. He's also very patient. I think he's going to really look forward to when the baby is older and he can do all sorts of projects with him/her (building an engine, etc.).

As for weak points-I'm just not really sure yet. Maybe with all the additional laundry and cleaning up after baby-he may try to avoid that

What are you looking forward to seeing most between your DH and your little bundle of joy? I think the thing I visualize over and over again is the look on dh's face when he sees and holds our child for the first time
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

January 18th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Angel_Maker

When you think of your DH as a Daddy, what do you imagine? I know from experience that his face is going to light up everytime he looks at our little one I can't wait! When I had the boys, his face glowed with pride and love for our little guys even though our situation was so grim!

What do you think will be your DH's strong points, and where will he struggle (as a new dad)? I think he's going to be great about "entertaining" the baby while I'm "busy" cleaning and doing other things.....but I don't think he'll be good about changing diapers or getting up in the middle of the night

What are you looking forward to seeing most between your DH and your little bundle of joy? After I had the boys, DH was with the nurse the ENTIRE time as they took pictures of the boys and got them all situated on the blanket to come see me I remember watching him touch the babies and he was just so gentle with their fragile little bodies...he kept telling me how perfect they were and I remember thinking "what an incredible thing for a broken hearted daddy to say".....it just melted my heart to see him in that moment with our angels....When we have our healthy babies, I'm just looking forward to seeing him interact with them and if we have more boys, I can't wait to watch him coach their baseball team and all that other good daddy stuff

January 18th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I cant truly answer since I have a 3 year old from a previous relationship but he didnt get to do the pregnancy/brand new baby thing since she was 6 weeks old when we met so:

When you think of your DH as a Daddy, what do you imagine? n/a

What do you think will be your DH's strong points, and where will he struggle (as a new dad)?
He has more strong points than I do when it comes to newborns.
He's the baby guy..he's just so good with babies that our friends have even phoned in the middle of the night when their babies are screaming and they cant figure out what to do. He'll hold the baby for less than a minute and its done crying.

However he's not very confident in his abilities to parent an older toddler/child so he'll worry about two kids and he'll be terrified of the first time he's alone with both of them.

He struggles with discipline and leaves it to me so as a result Marissa does not listen to him at all. He can say something 10 times and she wont do it but the second I open my mouth its done.

What are you looking forward to seeing most between your DH and your little bundle of joy?

I really want him to experience the brand new baby stage. Marissa was 6 weeks old when we met so he never got to truly see it. I cant wait to see the look on his face when he's holding a brand new baby and I cant wait to experience the firsts with him.

Its nice for me because I get to see the birth,coming home from the hospital,first bath & first smile through the eyes of a first timer again. I'm really looking forward to that.

January 18th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy

Well, my DH is already a daddy---he has a 6 yr old son and then I have my 6 yr old DD who he raises as his own--her dad has seen her ONE time, and that was 6 yrs ago! He is a really great dad---totally fun and games---kind of a softie when it comes to anything discipline related, which can be ANNOYING but is also so sweet.

I know he is SO excited to have a BABY again....he seriously oohs and aahs over babies of our friends, or when we go out and see them at restaurants, etc. He is totally smitten with them and is always telling me he can't WAIT to have that experience all over again. I think we will BOTH struggle with the sleepless nights---with two elementary school age kids, we are pretty well used to being able to SLEEP through the night. So that will be a shock to both of us!

I am looking forward to seeing a dad in action with a baby. I was not with my DD's father when she was born and he was never around---it was me by myself. So seeing a daddy bond with his baby is just so thrilling for me to imagine!
Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

January 18th, 2009, 03:14 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Okay, just reading this topic made me misty-eyed!

When you think of your DH as a Daddy, what do you imagine? I always picture him with our kids when they are a little older...teaching them things like tying their shoes, throwing a ball, building with blocks, etc.

What do you think will be your DH's strong points, and where will he struggle (as a new dad)? I think DH's strong points will definitely be in the teaching aspect of things...DH will love to show our kids how to do things and how the world works. I think he'll be great at helping with homework and with their extra-curricular activities. I also think he'll be great with discipline. We seem to have the same basic philosophy about how to raise our kids, so I think it will be a good team effort!

Where will DH struggle? Probably in the emotional areas...if the kids have their feelings hurt or they are in need of emotional guidance/care I don't think DH will even recognize that. I also think that it will be hard for DH to share me with the kids...it will be really tough for him to realize that I can't just jump up and do something for him if I'm feeding our child.

What are you looking forward to seeing most between your DH and your little bundle of joy? I just can't wait to have DH hold our baby and see parts of each of us...my eyes, his lips...I think it will be so awesome for him to see that God took little pieces from each of us to make a perfect little child for us. I think that will make this whole crazy journey so worth it.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

January 18th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy

I have no doubt he will be EVERYTHING I dream about in a father. He is so great with our friends kids!

Strong points = I think that he will be very sensitive and caring and super nuturing. Weak Points = He WORRIES about everything. I'm more of a carefree person and he likes to worry about every little thing and that might drive me nuts... we'll see.

I just want to give him the family that he wants and so deserves. I hope that someday I can make those wishes come true for the both of us!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search