Have you ever been tempted...

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Have you ever been tempted to buy baby gear/clothes while ttc? Or have you bought anything?

Do you believe that it's bad luck (tempting fate) to buy baby gear/clothes while ttc?

Once pregnant, how long do you think you'll wait before buying baby stuff?

Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

January 18th, 2009, 01:04 PM
richmond_girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to richmond_girl
Have you ever been tempted to buy baby gear/clothes while ttc? Or have you bought anything? Yes. The only time I bought something though was after I got my BFP in August.

Do you believe that it's bad luck (tempting fate) to buy baby gear/clothes while ttc? Yes, but I am overly superstitious to begin with.

Once pregnant, how long do you think you'll wait before buying baby stuff? Probably 12 weeks - for the same reason above!

January 18th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Have you ever been tempted to buy baby gear/clothes while ttc? Or have you bought anything?

I've been tempted, but more at the beginning of TTC when I was NAIVE and thought it would happen quickly

Do you believe that it's bad luck (tempting fate) to buy baby gear/clothes while ttc?

I am mildly superstitious...but when I do get that BFP, I will probably not be able to resist buying something!

I will probably buy SOMETHING, like a gender neutral onesie, right away...but then hold off on other stuff until 12 weeks...

Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

January 18th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm always tempted but never buy. I do have one thing-an Australian rugby onsie that we bought when we were over there visiting DH's family in July 2007. I just couldn't resist-and it was kind of a special thing-so I figured "what the heck"....

Do you believe that it's bad luck (tempting fate) to buy baby gear/clothes while ttc? I'm pretty superstitious...so I'm always worried about tempting fate...wish I wasn't though....

I'm going to try to hold out until the BIG ultrasound at around 18 weeks. That way-I can be sure that everything is ok thus far-and we'll hopefully know the gender.

Realistically-I'll be lucky to wait till 12 weeks

Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

January 18th, 2009, 01:46 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I have a whole bunch of stuff that I have bought while TTC. I wasn't really planning on buying ahead, but it all started one day at Target when I found some maternity t-shirts on sale for $3.99. I bought 3 of them, figuring no matter when I got pregnant I would definitely need solid-color t-shirts, and I couldn't pass up such an awesome deal. Since then I have bought a bunch more maternity clothes and quite a bit of baby stuff. I shop only clearance sales, and I have gotten some amazing bargains. I figure when I do eventually get pregnant, I won't have to stress about buying the basics since I have a nice little stockpile.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

January 18th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have often wondered this myself. I know some people that have TONS of baby things and are still working on the baby thing. For me, I just haven't been able to bring myself to do it. Not sure if it's a superstition thing or not but I would worry that my friends would think I'm weird because I'm purchasing things for something that just may never happen.

I usually get my baby purchasing out of my system by spoiling all of my friends kids! I love to go shopping for baby stuff and usually have at least one friend I can buy something for.

Once I'm PG... I'll be lucky if I wait at all... . At first I'll probably get really excited and want to buy tons of stuff, but that's what we have husbands for right girls...

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

January 18th, 2009, 03:48 PM
~Ivy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you ever been tempted to buy baby gear/clothes while ttc? Or have you bought anything? No. I just can't do it. It kills me too much to look at it....

Do you believe that it's bad luck (tempting fate) to buy baby gear/clothes while ttc? No not at all. Just something I can't do.

Once pregnant, how long do you think you'll wait before buying baby stuff? When I finally concieved Luke, I was so darn petrified of getting excited and losing him that I actually didn't buy anything until I was about 4-5 months along. It was a bouncer for christmas....My mom had bought a blanket, but I kept it hidden. I was so darn paranoid. I didn't start really getting ready for him to come until my 7th month.

My Blog

January 18th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Super Mommy
Have you ever been tempted to buy baby gear/clothes while ttc? Or have you bought anything? Tempted big time, but I didn't. Actually the other day we went to Target and thank God my dh was there with me cause I was so close to getting baby clothes.

Do you believe that it's bad luck (tempting fate) to buy baby gear/clothes while ttc? No not really.

Once pregnant, how long do you think you'll wait before buying baby stuff? I have waited until I found out sex of the baby, about 15 weeks, I went shopping for little girl clothes right after I left the doc office.

1/26/09-2 Beaufitul Embies Transfered!!
2/5/09-BETA, POSTIVE, 250 @ 10dpt!!
2/18/09-1st U/S, we are expecting Twins!!

January 18th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Its really bad luck to buy stuff before the end of the first trimester IMO.

January 18th, 2009, 08:52 PM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have you ever been tempted to buy baby gear/clothes while ttc? Or have you bought anything? I have bought sooo much stuff. I have 3 huge rubbermaid bins filled with baby clothes and maternity clothes

Do you believe that it's bad luck (tempting fate) to buy baby gear/clothes while ttc? not at all...It helps me cope, everytime I get a BFN I buy stuff, makes me feel a little better

Once pregnant, how long do you think you'll wait before buying baby stuff? I will be buying stuff probably as soon as I find out!

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
January 18th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ccwantsbfp
Very superstitious....I will wait until after 12 weeks.
January 19th, 2009, 12:35 AM
Bakin8th's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
NO...I KNEW better and didnt listen to my Gut and when I was 16w pg I bought some maternity things and baby things..she died at 17W

I will not buy till 3rd tri from now on. She was one of my 6 loss's in the last 24 months with 2 being at 17W.

Ttcing #9 After TWO 2nd trimester loss's and FIVE 1st trimester loss's. Missing our 8 ANGEL'S

IUI W/CLOMID/TRIGGER FEB 12/13 09!

Kyle (absent) Chelsea, Miki, Hanna, Johna, Sari, Jessiah and Isaiah.

THE LORD GIVES AND TAKES AWAY MY HEART WILL CHOOSE TO SAY BLESSED BE HIS WONDERFUL NAME!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our 8 Greatly missed Angels
12W, 6W, 6W, 9W 1 twin, 5W
17W twins (sex unkown) and "Elijah"
17W "Angel"
January 19th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I bought some gender neutral items immediately when I found out I was pregnant with Mason. When I was pregnant the second time, I ordered maternity clothes online (oldnavy was having a sale) even before I got my positive pregnancy test-- I was that certain I was pregnant. I also bought a tiny pink baby blanket and pink shoes b/c I was convinced I was having a girl. I lost that baby at 11 weeks with a missed miscarriage, and I used to take those items out and hold them after for several months, and it just made me so sad. I finally was able to give the shoes away to one of my best friends, when we knew she was having a girl. I told them how special they were to me. I still have the blankie. Since then, I was shopping for one of my other friends who had a baby and I bought a new diaper bag for myself. It was so cute and I just have faith that someday, I WILL need that diaper bag.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search