If YOU were an RE...

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2009, 12:16 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Most of us have been to a doctor or hospital where things haven't gone so well. Whether it is an unsympathetic doctor, uncomfortable atmosphere, or odd hours, we have had things get in our way while we are TTC. So here's the question...if you were going to open reproductive clinic, what would it be like? What special accomodations would you provide for your patients?

One feature that I found nice at my first doctor was that they heated the gowns and always provided a warm blanket...for once I wasn't freezing the whole time!

I would definitely provide magazines OTHER than pregnancy magazines for my patients! Sometimes it is nice to read People or something to distract myself from the stress of TTC.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

January 20th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
would definitely provide magazines OTHER than pregnancy magazines for my patients! Sometimes it is nice to read People or something to distract myself from the stress of TTC.[/b]
I definitely agree with that! The worst for me that my RE's office has are the garden/cooking magazines.....YAWN.

My RE's secretary keeps a little bowl of Hershey kisses, and other little candies at the check-in window----I think that is really nice!

My RE is really good about being on time, but other doctors I have been to have not---so if I were to open a fertility clinic, I would want PROMPT attention and appointments on schedule to be a HIGH PRIORITY.

I had to take my DD to the dermatologist not too long ago and we had a 3:15 appt. and it was 4:00 when we were FINALLY taken to a room, and 4:15 when the doctor finally came in! I think that is just unacceptable!
Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

January 20th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My office would definately be open 7 days a week.
January 20th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Mine is actually great. The main doctor is great he's got the perfect mix of humor and compassion,they do the heated blankets,hot water bottles,etc,the staff remember you even if you've only been in once or twice.

I dont like their colour scheme though lol.

January 20th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I actually really like my clinic....it has very warm colors (yellow walls, terracotta colored ceiling). The whole practice is very holistic-so they offer massage in the waiting room and have soothing music. They also have a tea/coffee/water kiosk which is very nice. Next to the actual center, they have a building called CNY Healing Arts-the same doc owns it and that's where you can go for regular massages, yoga, acupuncture, etc...

The other thing I really like is that there is a sign in every waiting room saying, "Your time is important to us...if you have been waiting longer than 15 minutes, please let someone know". I find that to be so considerate. They also have early morning hours...I've gone in for b/w or ultrasounds at like 6:30 am before work-which is very convenient for my schedule so I'm not missing too much time...

I agree with Melissa though-non pregnancy related magazines would be nice....
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search