The new plan for my next cycle...

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm doing nothing... they want me on birth control pills for one cycle off of meds to "quiet" my uterus and ovaries.

I'm totally bummed out and just feel like it's the OPPOSITE of having a baby. I can totally comprehend the idea behind it and why it's important with my PCOS to give my body the break... but COME ON!!!! Birth Control! Arg...

So... I'll be here for you ladies. I don't have anything to cheer on in my corner so you have my full and undivided attention

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

January 20th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh no! Did you have more large cysts? Do they think it's the endo? I'm so sorry Kari-I can't imagine how frustrating that is for you! I hope this month flies and that it's what your body needs to get you preggers
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

January 20th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Super Mommy
Oh that stinks big time. I am so sorry, I will be praying and thinking of you so this month goes by quickly for you!

BTW, I just looked at your siggy, like I do every day and just noticed we share the same wedding day, although we were married in 2001.

1/26/09-2 Beaufitul Embies Transfered!!
2/5/09-BETA, POSTIVE, 250 @ 10dpt!!
2/18/09-1st U/S, we are expecting Twins!!

January 20th, 2009, 02:39 PM
jandjbaby's Avatar Member
Oh Kari, I'm so sorry to hear that! Are they still planning on the lap as well? Have a glass of wine for me...and I'll join in if I get BFN in a week! Good luck!

Jen
Furbaby: Pico (chihuahua mix)

Oct 08: IUI #1 Failed
Dec 08: IUI #2 Failed
Jan 09: IUI #3 Failed
~Switch Physician~

March 09: Diagnosed PCOS...start Metformin and now my cycles are regular!!!
Continue with break, trying naturally
Oct 09: Diagnosed DH's High DFI...recommended IVF
Nov 12, 2009: NATURALLY!!
Nov 12: beta#1: 825
Nov 16: beta#2: 4277!!

January 20th, 2009, 04:23 PM
AllisonC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, that really stinks!!! ((((HUGS)))) But, maybe that's all your body needs and you'll get your BFP the very next cycle. Hang-in-there, Kari!
January 20th, 2009, 05:02 PM
richmond_girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to richmond_girl
I've had to be on BCPs since October - I can commiserate! Just keep reminding yourself it's all a part of the bigger plan. I hope the next 4 weeks go by quickly for you!! And go enjoy all that stuff the rest you normally can't have while you're TTC

January 20th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks ladies... I have already bought and mixed one of those Bucket-O-Margarita's and it's in the freezer for me to enjoy for the next 24 days!

Amanda - They didn't do another u/s this time to check my cysts. They are just assuming because of my PCOS that my body is not going to regulate itself without taking a month off now and then. So because I've done three back-to-back medicated cycles they want to give my uterus and ovaries a break and slow down the production of cysts that my body makes in a cycle and see if it helps with the pain. Usually in my baseline u/s my ovaries look like swiss-cheese with atleast 10-15 small cysts on each ovary... just sitting there and waiting to cause problems. Without the BCP they would just keep getting worse and worse. So lets hope this does the trick!

Agnes - That is TOO cool that we share the same wedding anniversary! It was such a beautiful day for us.. we had an outdoor wedding with the most PERFECT summer weather!

Jen - No lap for me unless for some reason the pain doesn't subside within the next few days of starting the pill. She's not convinced it's the endo - she's thinking it's just my PCOS and wants to go that route first. I REALLY, REALLY hope you don't join me!!!! I want you to move on to a DDC girl! BUT.... if you must, I'd be happy to share a bottle of wine with you!

Juli - Oh I am going to enjoy!!! And I'll be sure to rub it in when I can too

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

January 20th, 2009, 08:04 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Oh, Kari, that sucks! I know its is part of the bigger plan and all that, but I know how hard that is to see when all you want is to be pregnant YESTERDAY!! I hope the time flies for you.

But, hey, like everyone else said...party like a rock star while you can

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

January 20th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ccwantsbfp
Well I'm going to celebrate you being Kari...and fabulous...and strong!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search