Looking for friends to talk to about IVF

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Veteran
Hello Everyone!!! My name is Melanie, i am 28, and live in California. We have been TTC for almost 5 years. We were told about a year ago that our best chances of gettting prego, would be through IVF. I have unexplained scare tissue in my tubes ( they say my tubes are open, just will be difficult to concieve). My hubby, some of his spermies are not formed correctly, so this leaves us with a 2% chance to concieve naturally.

So, after almost a year, we had come to the coclusion to wait on IVF, due to the expense. Then, low and behold when I called the nurse to let her know we were holdin off, she proceeded to tell me that gthey are doing iVF for $6000.00 dollars for a limited time.( normal cost $10,000.00) Wow!! So, I went home talked to my husband about it, and he said "What are we waiting for lets do it"!! Those words were music to my ears!!!

So, once I let the nurse know we wanted to go through with it, we wanted to do it asap! She made us realize, it would be more realistic, and easier on our budget if we wait a few months, so that way we could pay for all the meds over time. Then, this is so awesome, we ended up saving more than $400.00 on the meds!! One of their other patients had went through her cycle and didn't end up needing all the meds, so they sold them to us for less!!( sounds wierd, but its not)

Now we are on the books for the May cycle!!! WE are so excited, and extremely scared, well I am at least!!

Please feel free to share your story with me, i really could use some friendly advice and support!! Thanks for listening!!
January 20th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Melanie and Let me start off by saying I'm so sorry for your struggles. You have definitely come to the right place for tons of support and advice. That is so awesome about your discounted IVF cycle - good idea taking advantage of that! I'm not quite to the IVF road myself but it's always there lingering in the back of my mind that it will be something I'll just have to do one day. I know there are quite a few wonderful ladies on this board that will be able to help you out with any questions or concerns you might have with everything. This whole process of TTC can be very overwhelming!

Good luck with everything and thanks for joining us!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

January 20th, 2009, 09:05 PM
~April04~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~April04~ Send a message via MSN to ~April04~
Welcome!

We're doing IVF w/ ICSI in March/April (not 100% set on date yet)

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggie!

January 20th, 2009, 09:25 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Welcome, Melanie! My name is Melissa, and I'm one of the co-hosts of the TTCMA board. I'm 27 and DH is 29; we're trying to conceive our first, and our infertility is unexplained so far.

You have definitely found a fantastic resource to help you navigate the crazy world of TTCMA...these ladies are incredibly supportive and there's always someone with an answer to your question. We have several ladies doing IVF this month and next month, so they'll be able to give you the low-down on what is happening so you'll know what to expect.

I hope that we can celebrate your BFP in May!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

January 21st, 2009, 05:26 AM
Super Mommy
Hello Melanie and Welcome I am Agnes, dh and I have a beautiful daughter who will be turning 5 next weeks, she was conceived via IVF/ICSI. Dh has very low sperm motility and mobility. We have tried for almost 3 years and decided to give IVF a try, we have transfered 2 embryos and one of them took
This time aroud we are doing Frozen Embryo Transfer, we have 4 embryos from our first IVF.

IVF process can be very overwhelming and stressful at times, but you have found a wonderful group of ladies, they are very supporitve, you will love it here.

Once again welcome and best of luck.

1/26/09-2 Beaufitul Embies Transfered!!
2/5/09-BETA, POSTIVE, 250 @ 10dpt!!
2/18/09-1st U/S, we are expecting Twins!!

January 21st, 2009, 03:32 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to heatherslittlesis
Hi Melanie,

My name is Missy and I am sorry to hear that you are faced with a very emotional struggle. I have had a hard time dealing with the issues of not being able to concieve also. My DH and I have about a 5% chance to naturally concieve It is ruff, we know too. I am very new JF and IVF but what I have learned is this message board and the people on it are awesome. I look forward to talking to people who are struggling with similar issues. For the past 2.5 years I have felt all alone. I have no friends or family memebers that have gone thru this so just books and me are learning whats going on. Now that I have found everyone on here it is great.

I am 24 and My DH Wendell is 29 I have a 5 year old daughter named Aleah. ( previous relationship. My Dh has raised her since she was 6 mos so they truly are father and daughter. he desperatly wants to know what is to have his own biological child. Just went to our doctor appt today. We should know if we are prego in about 8 weeks from start of my BC in about 2 weeks. Very excited. Very new to this so I will tell you everything I learn about!

here for you
Missy
January 21st, 2009, 03:43 PM
Angel_Maker

My name is Brandi (24) and DH is David (25)..we have been TTC since Sept. 2006...

We conceived twin boys with Clomid in May 2007, however, they were non viable conjoined twins, and we lost them at 16 weeks (Aug 2007)

In October we did IVF with ICSI but unfortunately it failed

We have an FET planned for March! Stick around! I'm sure you'll love it here
January 22nd, 2009, 11:08 PM
Veteran
Thank You to all of you ladies for sharing your fertility struggles and stories, I really appreciate it!!! I do feel so welcome here, I am so stickin around!!! I have been lingering on some of the boards for the past month or so, posted in a few of them and only a few people responded back, so thanks again!!! I look forward to gettin to know you all better!! I have already learned so much by reading alot of posts, I love it here!! I think it is wonderful that we can all come together as friends, and discuss some very intimate details of our lives. I am here for all of you, anytime you need an ear, I am here to listen!!
January 23rd, 2009, 05:21 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Thank You to all of you ladies for sharing your fertility struggles and stories, I really appreciate it!!! I do feel so welcome here, I am so stickin around!!! I have been lingering on some of the boards for the past month or so, posted in a few of them and only a few people responded back, so thanks again!!! I look forward to gettin to know you all better!! I have already learned so much by reading alot of posts, I love it here!! I think it is wonderful that we can all come together as friends, and discuss some very intimate details of our lives. I am here for all of you, anytime you need an ear, I am here to listen!![/b]

Ahhhh that is so sweet, I am glad you like it here!!

1/26/09-2 Beaufitul Embies Transfered!!
2/5/09-BETA, POSTIVE, 250 @ 10dpt!!
2/18/09-1st U/S, we are expecting Twins!!

January 23rd, 2009, 08:13 AM
Veteran
Hi agnes, How are u? I noticed on your schedule, you had acupuncture, did you end up having some acupuncture sessions? How was it? I have read that it helps result in more live births . I have been thinking about having some sessions done during my IVF cycle??? Melanie

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search