multiples

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2009, 10:18 PM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
So, if you are in here you are probably taking medication to help fertility or considering.

So that means the chances of multiples go up, how do you feel about that?
Do you want multiples?
What is the most you think you can handle?
Do you think you would do selective reduction?

Below are my answers.

So that means the chances of multiples go up, how do you feel about that? I actually would love to have twins. I think multiples would be an amazing blessing for us.
Do you want multiples? I honestly do
What is the most you think you can handle? I think 3-4 is the most i could handle. Tim thinks twins.
Do you think you would do selective reduction? Never. I couldn't do that, no matter how many

January 21st, 2009, 10:23 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ccwantsbfp
So that means the chances of multiples go up, how do you feel about that? Happy I have a chance for a possible pregnancy...
Do you want multiples? No
What is the most you think you can handle? Twins but if God gave me more...I would thank him after I woke up from passing out.
Do you think you would do selective reduction? No
January 21st, 2009, 10:49 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
So that means the chances of multiples go up, how do you feel about that? Of course a little nervous, but it is wonderful to think of having more than one bundle of joy for my first pregnancy.
Do you want multiples? Gosh, at this point I don't have any preferences...I just want to see a BFP!
What is the most you think you can handle? Triplets
Do you think you would do selective reduction? Yes...I think we would choose to do it if we were pregnant with more than triplets.

Just a side note since you seem to be new to IUI...most of the time (especially if you are on fertility drugs), you have ultrasound monitoring to see how many follicles you might have each cycle. If you are absolutely opposed to higher-order multiples, you can cancel a cycle if you have too many follicles. Some doctors (like the first one I had), won't do the IUI if you have too many follicles developing. So, even with fertility drugs, there are some precautions you can take.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

January 22nd, 2009, 12:10 AM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
At this point i will take any number. i wouldn't cancel a cycle because of a higher number of eggs. BRING IT ON

January 22nd, 2009, 05:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So that means the chances of multiples go up, how do you feel about that? I'm fine with it. God will only give me what he knows I can handle.

Do you want multiples? I don't WANT them but if they are given to me... the more the merrier. DH says it'd be like getting a Two-For-One deal

What is the most you think you can handle? I have thought about this one. I think with twins we would be fine, triplets would be a little more stressful, anything higher than that we would call in some reinforcements!

Do you think you would do selective reduction? I always say no to this - but I think when I'm put in that position it's going to come down to the health of all of the babies, myself and what my DH and I decided for that situation. But overall - I'd say no we wouldn't choose to reduce.

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

January 22nd, 2009, 05:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So that means the chances of multiples go up, how do you feel about that? I think twins would awesome!

Do you want multiples? I think I would love twins...realistically speaking, I know it would also be very stressful and a lot of work, in addition to our other 2 kids, so I just trust that God will give us what He knows is best for our family!

What is the most you think you can handle? Twins...I'm sure if I did get pg with trips, we would find a way to handle it, it would just be a lot more overwhelming, particularly because we already have two children

Do you think you would do selective reduction? DH says we would have to for anything over triplets, I say no way....YIKES....we better talk more about this before IVF
Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

January 22nd, 2009, 07:33 AM
Super Mommy
So that means the chances of multiples go up, how do you feel about that? It is on my mind, but am I freaking out about, not really. As long as baby/ies are healthy I will be happy.

Do you want multiples? To tell you the truth, no, but if we are blessed with twins I will be just as happy, overwhelmed but happy.

What is the most you think you can handle? Hmmm, I don't know.

Do you think you would do selective reduction? NO.

1/26/09-2 Beaufitul Embies Transfered!!
2/5/09-BETA, POSTIVE, 250 @ 10dpt!!
2/18/09-1st U/S, we are expecting Twins!!

January 22nd, 2009, 07:48 AM
tracyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So that means the chances of multiples go up, how do you feel about that? I would love to have twins! We have been trying for so long and are actuay hoping we do have twins so we don't have to go through this anymore!

Do you want multiples? YES!

What is the most you think you can handle? twins/triplets, I think you just do what you have to do!

Do you think you would do selective reduction? I think it is a very personal decision and is something I would only discuss with my DH. There are so many factors such as health of the babies and mom, etc...
January 22nd, 2009, 09:26 AM
Stephanie200318's Avatar Regular
So that means the chances of multiples go up, how do you feel about that?

My cousin actually just got pregnant with her second child by the use of Clomid and is due with twins in May. I am not looking to have multiples, but if it happens, I'd be excited.

Do you want multiples?

I would LOVE multiples.

What is the most you think you can handle?

Honestly, 2. Being my first pregnancy and the fact that I'm so thin now, I think anything more than that would be nerveracking.

Do you think you would do selective reduction?

Nope. Never.
January 22nd, 2009, 09:47 AM
Angel_Maker
So that means the chances of multiples go up, how do you feel about that? LOVE IT!!! DH has FOUR sets of twins in his family (5 if you count the boys) and I have 1 set of twins (2 if you count the boys) So are chances are ALREADY higher than the norm

Do you want multiples? YES YES YES!!!

What is the most you think you can handle? Emotionally, THREE! FINANCIALLY, 2!

Do you think you would do selective reduction? I would like to think "No", but in a life threatening situation (such as the one *I* was in with the boys, I know sometimes there is no choice )
January 22nd, 2009, 09:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So, if you are in here you are probably taking medication to help fertility or considering. I'm not taking anything.

So that means the chances of multiples go up, how do you feel about that? n/a its all natural for me.
Do you want multiples? I really really really dont but I would deal with it if I had to..I'm not worried about it because I get ultrasounds and theres only been one follicle. I know it can split but its more than likely only going to be one.

What is the most you think you can handle? twins and I think even that would be hard on me. I'm really really skinny.

Do you think you would do selective reduction? yes for sure. If I were in the drs office and he said it was sextuplets or whatever I'd be like "lets schedule the reduction please". I have no doubt in my mind that if I tried to carry more than twins I'd lose all of them.

January 22nd, 2009, 10:15 AM
Veteran

So that means the chances of multiples go up, how do you feel about that? I would take whatever and/or how many I could take (safely for the baby/babies, of course)
Do you want multiples? I would love to have twins (at least). My best friend had twins in November and I would love to be able to relate to her on that level.
What is the most you think you can handle? Triples more than likely.
Do you think you would do selective reduction? Not likely

TTC #1 over 16 years

January 22nd, 2009, 01:27 PM
~Ivy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So that means the chances of multiples go up, how do you feel about that? I think that there's a plan for everyone, and if it happens to me, Great! I'll deal with it as it comes

Do you want multiples? At this point no. But when we first started treatments, yes!

What is the most you think you can handle? Oh jeez. I'm so not putting that out in the universe!

Do you think you would do selective reduction? I hope not, but it would depend on the situation.

My Blog

January 22nd, 2009, 03:52 PM
LittleLady19's Avatar Laci
Send a message via MSN to LittleLady19
So that means the chances of multiples go up, how do you feel about that? I'm fine with that
Do you want multiples? I've always secretly wished for twins
What is the most you think you can handle? I think 3-4 is the most i could handle.
Do you think you would do selective reduction? Never. I couldn't do that, no matter how many

January 22nd, 2009, 05:39 PM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So that means the chances of multiples go up, how do you feel about that? I would be sooo happy!
Do you want multiples? yes, I am secretly praying for triplets or twins so I don't have to go through all this again, although, in the end I would do it all over again
What is the most you think you can handle? Four, I worked at a daycare for 7 years with infants, many times I worked alone with 8 because I had a crappy assistant
Do you think you would do selective reduction? never. I could never kill one of my children

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
January 22nd, 2009, 07:35 PM
richmond_girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to richmond_girl
So that means the chances of multiples go up, how do you feel about that? I would love to have twins. Especially since we're doing IVF which isn't cheap. I've always been a bargain hunter
Do you want multiples? I would LOVE twins. I would even love triplets but I'm scared my body won't be able to support them during pregnancy since I'm pretty little.
What is the most you think you can handle? Triplets.
Do you think you would do selective reduction? No

January 23rd, 2009, 10:45 AM
*Mrs.J.2011*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So that means the chances of multiples go up, how do you feel about that? We actually have sat down and talked about it and would love twins!
Do you want multiples? We do!
What is the most you think you can handle? triplets
Do you think you would do selective reduction? never!

Missing our little "Duckie" since 06-22-09
January 23rd, 2009, 02:21 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
So that means the chances of multiples go up, how do you feel about that? Very excited
Do you want multiples? YES i do. I'm scared of 4 or more, but I also know that God is in control of my life and I can trust him, so I don't worry about that anymore. He won't give me more than I can handle.
What is the most you think you can handle? Only God knows... I am up for whatever he blesses me with.
Do you think you would do selective reduction? There is no situation that can justify killing my own child, or children... I will do everything in my power to protect my children.
January 23rd, 2009, 02:45 PM
A*LOT*OF*HOPE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So that means the chances of multiples go up, how do you feel about that? Excited
Do you want multiples? DH and I would love twins
What is the most you think you can handle? We could handle as many as we had to, although I would only want to handle 3 at the most!!
Do you think you would do selective reduction? Probably never, but I can't say for sure. If it meant that if I didn't, I would die or all the babies would die then I would at least hear out my Dr.
January 23rd, 2009, 02:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So that means the chances of multiples go up, how do you feel about that? I'm actually pretty ok with this possibility. The only thing I am nervous about are the complications of a twin/triplet pregnancy.

Do you want multiples? Yes and no. Yes because it has been so emotionally draining going through all the fertility treatments...I would love to be blessed with two and not have to do this again. On the other hand-I would be very concerned about the risks of a twin/triplet pregnancy (early labor, miscarriage, complications from prematurity, etc etc etc)

What is the most you think you can handle? At the VERY most-triplets. But I think I would need my mom to move in with me for awhile

Do you think you would do selective reduction? I wish I could say no-but if all of my babies are at risk, and if I'm at risk, DH and I would have to seriously consider it....I pray that we are never in this situation...
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search