Overwhelmed

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2009, 09:50 AM
frogftsh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to frogftsh Send a message via Yahoo to frogftsh
So, we've been waiting anxiously for our meds to arrive, and today (just a day before we have to start them, they are here!) Now that they're here, I'm completely overwhelmed!!! So, this box is HUGE! I have a big sharps container, three different types of syringes and needles, a follistim pen and also the actual follistim, several boxes of bravelle, three boxes of endometrin vaginal suppositories, two boxes of menopur, a box of leuprolide acetate injection, a box with chorionic gonadotropin, pills of doxycycline, and cadista. On top of that, we have to go to our local pharmacy this evening and pick up my Vivelle patches....

We have our injection class tomorrow (and take all of the meds with us), but how are we going to remember when and how for all of this stuff?

January 22nd, 2009, 10:06 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I haven't done injectibles yet, but I'm pretty sure I would feel overwhelmed, too! Is DH going with you to the class? It might help to have someone else there to hear all the instructions. I'm a note taker, so I would definitely be writing everything down!

I'm sure it seems like a lot, but try and stay positive and confident...all those little syringes are your ticket to a BFP! I'm sure the other ladies who have done injectibles will jump in here and help you out.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

January 22nd, 2009, 01:05 PM
Super Mommy
Hugs to you hon (((Hugs))) I know it can get very overwhelming. When we got our box of meds, dh thought I went on on-line shopping spree. I know it seems like a lot but am sure your nurses will be very helpful. If you are unclear about anything ask questions. You will do fine, trust me.

1/26/09-2 Beaufitul Embies Transfered!!
2/5/09-BETA, POSTIVE, 250 @ 10dpt!!
2/18/09-1st U/S, we are expecting Twins!!

January 22nd, 2009, 01:13 PM
kticesk8s's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They'll give you a schedule and very clear directions - it will be a piece of cake!

• Me: 32.:. DH: 30...TTC w/ Male Factor.... BFP! Was triplets! NOW IT'S TWINS!!! 1 BOY, 1 GIRL
  • IVF #1: June '07 BFN
  • IVF #2: Oct '08 BFN
  • DIUI #1: Nov '08 BFP!!! Beta 593 @ 14/15 dpiui!! Beta 1897 @ 16/17 dpiui!!!!!! OMG!
January 22nd, 2009, 07:38 PM
richmond_girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to richmond_girl
I went through this too - I was traumatized when I first got everything. I hid the entire box in the back of the closet, until this week when I had to start getting ready for injections class. A lot of the ladies here gave me great advice when I was freaking out earlier this week about how I would possibly learn everything I need to know in a 1 hour injection class - just take it day by day! I did my first shot tonight and I survived It really is not as scary as it looks initially - it's just overwhelming to see it all together!

January 22nd, 2009, 08:23 PM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am just doing the injectables and it is a piece of cake. As far as keeping everything organized, I would probably make a little schedule of all the meds and time needed. Then just cross it off as you go. Good luck!

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
January 22nd, 2009, 09:40 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ccwantsbfp
I just finished injects and just took it one day at a time. By day 4, I had the drill down and I bet the same will happen for you. Using my palm also helped.
January 23rd, 2009, 03:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow-that is a lot of medicine! But it sounds like everyone is pretty overwhelmed when they first start. I don't know anything about injectables but just wanted to say good luck!!!!

Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search