re-introduction!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2009, 07:08 AM
*Mrs.J.2011*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies! I had posted here a few months back (and have been lurking since) and well it's time to move onto an RE and I figured you ladies would be a great support system and full of knowledge!

I'm Kaleigh (22, 23 in a couple of weeks) DB is Chris (24) and we have been TTC #1 since July. I was dx'd with PCOS when I was 15. Back in Sept we tried 50mg Clomid. My CD21 progesterone was 0.64. We took a break from Oct-Dec due to me changing jobs and not having insurance. At the beginning of Jan we tried another round of Clomid 50mg CD21 progesterone was only 0.58.

So yesterday my OB called and explained that she would prefer I see an RE so that I can be more closely monitored and maybe find something sooner that will give us our BFP!

My appt is on March 12th, and I have heard nothing but wonderful things about the dr I am going to see. Chris' cousin (she had cervical cancer and endo along with a few other problems) went to see him and now has a 1 year old son!

I cant to get to know all of you!

Missing our little "Duckie" since 06-22-09
January 23rd, 2009, 07:43 AM
Veteran
Hello Kaleigh, Welcome back!! I am sorta new around here too! This is a lovely group of ladies, you will love it here!~! We have been ttc for almost 5 yrs. I have scare tissue in my tubes, my Dh has irregullar shaped spermies. They gave us a 2% chance to concieve naturally. So, that brings us to IVF in May, YEAH!! WE are very excited, scared, emotional about this whole journey we are about to take!! No matter what the outcome is, it will all be worth it!! I tend to think negative from time to time, but I just have to stay positive cuz that is the only way I will stay sane through it all!! So, Good Luck with your doctor, he sounds great!! I hope and pray he gives u a BFP!!!! Melanie
January 23rd, 2009, 09:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome, Kaleigh! I'm glad that you found us, and hope that we can make the TTC roller coaster a little more tolerable for you. I hope time flies for you until that RE appt.!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

January 23rd, 2009, 01:34 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
Welcome!! That's too bad about the clomid. I took 50 mg, and only O'd 3 times out of 5.... They put me on 100 mg when i went to an RE, and have developed good follicles every time, so hopefully that will be the case for you. Unfortunatly no bfp after 4 rounds of clomid, so I am moving on to injectibles this cycle. I also have PCOS so I understand your frustration.
Hope you get your BFP soon!!!

<>< Melissa
January 23rd, 2009, 02:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think I remember you from posting on the pcos board a few months ago. I'm Amanda...DH and I have been ttc since July 07 (but were ntnp for a year of that time). We are now officially on our third month of ttc w/ med assistance. I've done 50 mg and 100 mg of Clomid. I did O both times, but only had one or two follies. My doc has now put me on 150 to see if we can get a whole bunch of follies to increase our chances. Unfortunately, we had one loss on the first round of Clomid. I think you'll really like this forum-these are some super knowledgeable women! Good luck-sounds like you found a great RE. I felt really great when I went in for my initial appointment-especially because I saw that so many other women were in my shoes....
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

January 23rd, 2009, 04:17 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ccwantsbfp
Welcome!!!
January 23rd, 2009, 07:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey Kaleigh! Glad you wondered over again... I'm sorry again about your frustrations over being sent to an RE but I hope you've gotten over the initial shock and now are just looking forward to a new DR with a new plan and your future BFP!!! You'll like it here, these women are AWESOME!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

January 23rd, 2009, 07:51 PM
richmond_girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to richmond_girl
Welcome! It's great you are seeing an RE, hopefully you are on your way to that BFP!! I am Juli (30) and we just started our first IVF cycle. Welcome to our group!!

January 24th, 2009, 06:15 AM
Super Mommy
Welcome Kaleigh!!! Glad you found us, this is a wonderful group of ladies, you will love it here. Best of Luck to You.

1/26/09-2 Beaufitul Embies Transfered!!
2/5/09-BETA, POSTIVE, 250 @ 10dpt!!
2/18/09-1st U/S, we are expecting Twins!!

January 24th, 2009, 07:08 AM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jmichelle77
Hi Kaleigh! I just came over here this week too! LOL! Happy to see I'm going to be seeing more of you!!

January 24th, 2009, 07:25 PM
JCT2005's Avatar Teddy's Mom

I wish you lots of luck.

January 25th, 2009, 06:30 AM
Angel_Maker

I'm Brandi (24), dh is David (25)....I'm cohost here on this board and have been TTC since Sept. 2006...

DH and I conceived twins on our first round of 50mg Clomid in May 2007-they were non viable conjoined twins and we lost them Aug. 3 2007...we have been TTC #3 every since

I wish you all the luck in the world and I cannot wait to follow your journey to MOTHERHOOD! It will happen!
January 25th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to heatherslittlesis
Hey Kaleigh,

My name is Missy (24) My DH is Wendell (29). I am new here also. We have been TTC since Sep 2006. We have male infertility and just found out that after these years we though it was unexplained and infact it is Genetic disorder. We are waiting for AF to come and then we will know 8 weeks from the 2nd day of my next cycle if we are prego or not. Very exciting! Please keep us in you prayers. All the ladies in here are so sweet and helpful. My girlfriend Sky03nMj07 has been on these boards asking questions for me and she finally got me on here and now I can not get off. I also have had a lot of great advice. Good luck to you!

Missy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search