Af is finally here

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2009, 08:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well-AF came full force yesterday. I was so glad she finally got here (once I learned I wasn't pregnant)...I hate waiting for her to come because I'm always so eager for a fresh new cycle.

So, I just had my baseline appointment-I had no big cysts preventing me from continuing on with the Clomid, which I am very grateful for. My ovaries were normally sized and we couldn't see any cysts on my left one-which is good news because I do have pcos. Hopefully things will continue like that...

So-I'm feeling cautiously optimistic about this cycle. They are bumping me up to 150 mg of Clomid to see if they can get more mature follies. I've ovulated on both 50 and 100-but only had 1 and 2 follies, consecutively. The doc I saw today was super nice and really took the time to explain everything to me-which I greatly appreciated Basically-the plan for the next cycle (if this one doesn't work) is that I will do 150 mg of Clomid again if I have had a good response to this cycle's Clomid (multiple follies)...if I only have one or two follies this month, the doctor said I should consider injectables next month. I'm actually feeling very ok about this because the time limit isn't as stringent with injectables as it is with Clomid. Basically, they said I could stay on it until I felt the need to move on....this makes me feel like I'm not running out of options so fast...

One question I did ask the doctor is why do they move women on from Clomid after 3 or 4 cycles if they are, in fact ovulating? I was confused because it takes typical couples, who ovulate regularly, months to conceive...
her response was that Clomid may become less effective with each additional use. So-there, I finally have an answer. Anyway, all in all I'm feeling good...hopefully we'll all get a lot of BFP's this month...I've always wanted a little Halloween baby

Thanks again for all the support ladies...it really has made a difference in helping me cope better with all of this stuff
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

January 23rd, 2009, 10:17 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, you sound very positive and I hope that gets you straight to a BFP this cycle. And I'm glad you asked the question about the consecutive cycles of Clomid-- I was wondering the same thing when you mentioned it before. That's good to know. Hopefully since I've had a break now for 3 cycles from Clomid (after 3 cycles on 50mg), my body will react still!

Good luck this cycle! I hope the bumped up mg is all you need!!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 41 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- August 2014: All but 7 cycles on BCP due to endometriosis.

IVF#3/FET#2 (November 2014) Transferred two perfect blasts- First BFP Ever. EDD 8/18/15

January 23rd, 2009, 10:24 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Well, I'm sorry that you are having to get reacquainted with AF, but I'm glad that you have a plan, and I hope it is a smashing success!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

January 23rd, 2009, 08:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh Amanda... I'm so glad she finally showed for you. I know how awful it can be to just wait around wanting her so badly after bad news.

Anyway, it sounds like you're back on your feet and have a great new plan. I really hope the higher dose does the trick and you can move right on outta here and into the October DDC!!!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

January 23rd, 2009, 08:26 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ccwantsbfp
Good luck Amanda!!!
January 23rd, 2009, 08:38 PM
richmond_girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to richmond_girl
I'm glad you had a good appt and are getting the answers you need from your doctor!! Looks like this cycle is off to a great start already! Good luck Amanda!!

January 24th, 2009, 06:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks girls! I start the Clomid tonight. I'm slightly nervous about the large dose because when I was taking 100mg, I did have some mild side effects. I don't typically have reactions to medications, so it kind of surprised me. It was mostly a headache and the vision changes that are common with taking Clomid-seeing halos around lights, etc. Hopefully I won't be hallucinating on 150 Oh well-it will be worth it if it all works out....

Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

January 24th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Super Mommy
I am so glad AF showed up and you can start fresh cycle. I will be praying this is it for you.

1/26/09-2 Beaufitul Embies Transfered!!
2/5/09-BETA, POSTIVE, 250 @ 10dpt!!
2/18/09-1st U/S, we are expecting Twins!!

January 24th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like this cycle is off to a great start!

Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

January 24th, 2009, 08:04 AM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jmichelle77
Good luck, Amanda!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search