CD3- first day of injectables! * VIDEO OF ME GIVING SHOT* yikes

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2009, 11:39 AM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
Well I had my baseline u/s today. I had no cysts, WOO HOO, just a bunch of signature follies representing my lovley PCOS. They took blood to test my Estrodial, i don't know why? I have had it tested before and it was normal. Anyways, they gave me my needles and a little box to discard them in, and said that I could take my first injection right away. Then when they get back my Estrodial levels they will schedule my next appt.
I was really nervous mixing all the meds, but everything went perfectly. The shot stung quite a bit more than the ovidrel trigger shot, but I'm sure the pain will be worth it. Anyways, that is my update for now!!!
Is anyone else on injectables right now? Or starting a new cycle? I want a cycle buddy!!!!

*UPDATE*

I know some of you follow my blog, for those who don't and are curious I have posted a video of myself administering my first injection. So feel free to check it out... warning though, i am kinda dorky lol...

http://psalms113-9.blogspot.com/
January 26th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ccwantsbfp
I will probably be starting Lupron at the end of this week, but I'm not sure on the exact date!!!
January 26th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm CD 5 at the moment-so we're pretty close. Hooray for beginning the injectables!!! Despite the fact that you're sticking yourself with needles everyday, it must be kind of exciting!

I'm really interested in hearing about your experience, as I may be starting injectables next month if this one doesn't pan out. What are you taking? How many times a day do you take them? And...what is it that you have to mix?

Sorry, I know next to nothing about injectables...

Good luck
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

January 26th, 2009, 02:02 PM
oh cool! We are close!!! I ordered my injectables over seas, so it was a lot cheaper. The brand I am using is Repronex. and for now just one vial a day or 75 iu since i don't know how i will respond yet.
I posted a video on my blog if you want to see how it all works out. One vial is water, the other vial is a powder which contains the expensive meds. You mix them together then inject them.

Keep me updated on your guys' cycles! I hope to see some BFP'S!!!!!
January 26th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
OMG....what the heck was with the breaking of the vials? Was it the needle that stung or the meds going in? I hope the next one is easier for you

Thanks for posting that btw...it was interesting to see, especially since I have a feeling I'll be going through it shortly. I'm actually feeling a little less worried about it all...
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

January 26th, 2009, 02:28 PM
I really don't know WHY they come in glass vials, or why you have to break them in order to open them, but that is how it is done with this medication. I'm just too nervous to do it myself because when the nurse was teaching us and showing how EASY it was, it broke all over her and cut her thumbs! Dh never has a problem with it though.

The needle going in is a sinch. i can handle that. It's the medicine that kinda burns. not horrible just uncomfortable. It's really nothing to be worried about.
January 26th, 2009, 03:40 PM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Melissa-

You did a great job, I have to give myself a trigger shot tonight, and you just inspired me! You made it look easy!!!!

Good luck!

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
January 26th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Angel_Maker
Melissa you are too cute

Watching that video brought back memories of my IVF cycle...UGH, those shots get old, but it's so worth it if it leads to a GOOD LUCK hunnie, I'm praying that this is it for you
January 26th, 2009, 04:39 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Wow, you made it look so easy! I'm glad that this cycle is officially underway, and I sure hope it works so you don't have to do that too many times

Thanks for posting the video...if I have to do injectibles, I'm going to watch you 100 times first to psych myself up for it!

GROW FOLLIES GROW!!!!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

January 26th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Cute video! Glad it went well and I wish you all the best with this cycle!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

January 26th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ccwantsbfp
I can't wait to get home and watch...spam blocks at work won't let me see:-(
January 26th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't start my injections until Feb 10th or so, you'll have your bfp by then I'm not too worried about them-I had to give myself insulin injections four times a day when pg with DS, this will be a welcome change for me... Good luck!!!
January 26th, 2009, 06:20 PM
awww thanks ladies! Once i gave myself my first trigger shot i have had no problem with the needles since. You should have seen what a mess I was with the first one, it is just SO unnatural to stick a needle into you OWN body!!! I still get tiny butterflies but try to do the shot quickley so I don't have time to fuss about it.
Glad you all enjoyed the video, I'm going to be doculmenting my whole cycle, even going to try to sneak my video camera into the mid cycle u/s LOL I have convinced DH to hide the camera on his lap while it's being done hehehe I'm such a dork
January 26th, 2009, 06:55 PM
LittleLady19's Avatar Laci
Send a message via MSN to LittleLady19
I'm just starting Clomid next cycle so I'm not even close to injections but I just wanted to post that you did a good job with the injection and it was too cute (and educational lol) Hope this is your month!! Good luck!!

January 26th, 2009, 07:00 PM
aw Thanks hun! goodluck with the clomid cycles!!!! hope your bfp comes very soon!
January 26th, 2009, 07:12 PM
richmond_girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to richmond_girl
The video was great!! I liked the subtext Good luck this cycle!! I hope you are documenting your way straight to a BFP!!!

January 26th, 2009, 07:15 PM
haha thanks, I know i know, the sub text was geeky lol. But most of the people that see the video, other than you girls have NO idea why I am sticking myself with a needle hehehe.
Goodluck on your cycle too! I hope you get your special valentine baby
January 26th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Bakin8th's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Darn!! I cant see the video..Thanks to dial up!

But I wanted to wish you luck!!!

I am cd 1 with a clomid. Trigger shot and IUI cycle. IUI sched about Feb 12/13th based on my clomid history

If not pg onto injectables next cycle

Ttcing #9 After TWO 2nd trimester loss's and FIVE 1st trimester loss's. Missing our 8 ANGEL'S

IUI W/CLOMID/TRIGGER FEB 12/13 09!

Kyle (absent) Chelsea, Miki, Hanna, Johna, Sari, Jessiah and Isaiah.

THE LORD GIVES AND TAKES AWAY MY HEART WILL CHOOSE TO SAY BLESSED BE HIS WONDERFUL NAME!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our 8 Greatly missed Angels
12W, 6W, 6W, 9W 1 twin, 5W
17W twins (sex unkown) and "Elijah"
17W "Angel"
January 27th, 2009, 04:31 AM
~Ivy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love the video! Too cute!!

Hey I would totally tape the ultrasound too!

Man, I hope I can start immediatly with injectibles!

My Blog

January 27th, 2009, 07:49 AM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jmichelle77
LOL! I loved your video! It's too cute! I am uber impressed with you giving your own injections!!! I am a nurse and I KNOW if I move on to injectibles that I will NOT be able to stick myself! I can't even do a blood sugar stick on myself!! LOL! Luckily, DH is a nurse too so he will be able to stick me NO PROBLEM! Hopefully tho the Clomid will work and I won't progress to injections! *crossed EVERYTHING....except legs.....hehehehe*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search