Went to the DR today...

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So I called the NP on Monday about all the cramping and sharp pains I've been having. Sunday night was AWFUL! She said that I should really come in and be looked at but that my regular DR was on vacation (of course) so I'd have to see someone else. I just wanted some answers so I scheduled it for today.

Well I talked things over with her and she agreed that if it was just cysts that the BCP should have been helping with the cramping and pain and I would be feeling better by now. So they took some cultures, checked things out "down there" and then she pushed on my belly a bit. She then sent me to Lab to pee in a cup so they could rule out bladder infection, stones or kidney stones... and also PG. Then I went on to u/s and had an abdominal u/s and then a vaginal u/s and then she did another abdominal u/s. MAN THAT HURT!!! I'm already in so much pain as it is so to add two hours of probing and prodding... I was ready to just give up.

Then I met back up with the DR and she said so far things were fine. There were no large cysts, no endo that they could see, no fluid in my uterus, so basically.... NO EXPLANATION for all the pain! I'm just so fed up and I don't know what to do. The NP did call me back and one of the cultures shows I have a mild bacterial infection in my cervix, but that would NOT be causing this much pain.

At this point the DR today just said to schedule a follow-up with my regular DR and if the pain persists that if I were her patient she would be scheduling a LAP.

I just wish I had some answers.

Sorry for the long vent, I'm just crabby about it all and knew you ladies might understand.

PS. PG test was a BFN ---- which we already knew so I don't know why they had to check again... just to rub it in that I'm broken and things don't work right I suppose

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

January 27th, 2009, 06:22 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I'm sorry you had to go thru all that just to get the "wait and see." I hate when they don't have answers...especially when it comes to pain! I hope you feel much better soon.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

January 27th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry Kari. It must be tough to be looking for answers and not getting any. How frustrating! That is good news though about no large cysts or endo-hopefully that stuff can be ruled out completely....

Keep us updated!
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

January 27th, 2009, 06:39 PM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jmichelle77
Oh Kari! I know EXACLTY what you are going thru!! I have the same horrible unexplainable pain. They will put me thru a battery of pelvic exams, u/s's, poking and prodding only to tell me everything it PERFECT and WONDERFUL! I kid you not......EVERY time I have an u/s the tech has to pull someone else into the room to show them because they are in such disbelief over how "perfect and beautiful" my uterus and ovaries are!!!!! AAARRRHHHHGGGG!!!! It takes every ounce of restraint in me not to jump off the table and SCREAM at them "THEN WHY AM I IN SUCH PAIN AND WHY DO THEY NOT WORK?!?!?!?!" My Dr. treats me like I am delusional and making it all up since there is no "physical proof" that I am in pain and he just sighs and says "Where do you want to pick the Percocet up at?" Grrr!!! I HATE NARCOTICS and I am NOT a drug seeker! I pay an accupuncturist $100 a week JUST SO I DONT have to take the narcotics!

Sorry......what you are going thru just struck a cord with me because I know how frustrating and upsetting it is. And I'm having a HORRIBLE day anyway. LOL! Sorry to rant on your rant! LOL!!

January 27th, 2009, 07:08 PM
JCT2005's Avatar Teddy's Mom

I know how frustrating it is for doctors to not have answers. Especially when it feels like you waste money going to them. I had that happen to me around New Year's. I felt like I had pregnancy symptons but I wasn't pregnant and all the hospital could tell me was that I didn't have an infection. I ended up with AF two weeks later so now I think this could have been ovulation symptons since I had them again this month.

January 27th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Bakin8th's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That really sucks

I hope whatever it is, it resolves it self very soon.

Ttcing #9 After TWO 2nd trimester loss's and FIVE 1st trimester loss's. Missing our 8 ANGEL'S

IUI W/CLOMID/TRIGGER FEB 12/13 09!

Kyle (absent) Chelsea, Miki, Hanna, Johna, Sari, Jessiah and Isaiah.

THE LORD GIVES AND TAKES AWAY MY HEART WILL CHOOSE TO SAY BLESSED BE HIS WONDERFUL NAME!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our 8 Greatly missed Angels
12W, 6W, 6W, 9W 1 twin, 5W
17W twins (sex unkown) and "Elijah"
17W "Angel"
January 28th, 2009, 05:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
My Dr. treats me like I am delusional and making it all up since there is no "physical proof" that I am in pain and he just sighs and says "Where do you want to pick the Percocet up at?" Grrr!!! I HATE NARCOTICS and I am NOT a drug seeker!

Sorry......what you are going thru just struck a cord with me because I know how frustrating and upsetting it is. And I'm having a HORRIBLE day anyway. LOL! Sorry to rant on your rant! LOL!![/b]
At first that's how I felt too!!! This wasn't my regular DR and she just kept looking at me like I was CRAZY! Then once she started the exam and realized how tender and painful I was I think she thought a little more about it. She just resolved to tell me that they probably won't have any answers for me but she can prescribe something stronger for the pain! I'm with you.... I HATE NARCOTICS! If this is how my stupid body is going to make me feel all the time I'm not about to start taking drugs and get hooked on them or something!

Michelle... is that why they are thinking about doing a lap with you? Are they trying to dx the pain? Is your pain all the time too? Is it just cramping pains or do you get the sharp pains as well? Oh and mine is sometimes all over my torso... like my boobs will hurt, my chest will feel heavy, my stomach will be all icky and crampy and tender to the touch, I can literally point out where my ovaries are because they are throbbing... Just curious... maybe we got the same, undiscovered disease... At least my body would be good for something then

Don't worry about the rant, within the rant... we all deserve a little rant time

And thanks ladies for listening... I'll hopefully get something figure out next week in my follow-up appointment.

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

January 28th, 2009, 06:54 AM
Super Mommy
Kair-I am sorry, I can only imagine how frustrated you must feel. Hopefully you will get some answers next week. Sending hugs your way

1/26/09-2 Beaufitul Embies Transfered!!
2/5/09-BETA, POSTIVE, 250 @ 10dpt!!
2/18/09-1st U/S, we are expecting Twins!!

January 28th, 2009, 07:04 AM
bcowley's Avatar Veteran
Lots of

January 28th, 2009, 09:02 AM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jmichelle77
Quote:
Quote:
My Dr. treats me like I am delusional and making it all up since there is no "physical proof" that I am in pain and he just sighs and says "Where do you want to pick the Percocet up at?" Grrr!!! I HATE NARCOTICS and I am NOT a drug seeker!

Sorry......what you are going thru just struck a cord with me because I know how frustrating and upsetting it is. And I'm having a HORRIBLE day anyway. LOL! Sorry to rant on your rant! LOL!![/b]
At first that's how I felt too!!! This wasn't my regular DR and she just kept looking at me like I was CRAZY! Then once she started the exam and realized how tender and painful I was I think she thought a little more about it. She just resolved to tell me that they probably won't have any answers for me but she can prescribe something stronger for the pain! I'm with you.... I HATE NARCOTICS! If this is how my stupid body is going to make me feel all the time I'm not about to start taking drugs and get hooked on them or something!

Michelle... is that why they are thinking about doing a lap with you? Are they trying to dx the pain? Is your pain all the time too? Is it just cramping pains or do you get the sharp pains as well? Oh and mine is sometimes all over my torso... like my boobs will hurt, my chest will feel heavy, my stomach will be all icky and crampy and tender to the touch, I can literally point out where my ovaries are because they are throbbing... Just curious... maybe we got the same, undiscovered disease... At least my body would be good for something then

Don't worry about the rant, within the rant... we all deserve a little rant time

And thanks ladies for listening... I'll hopefully get something figure out next week in my follow-up appointment.
[/b]

Thanks for excusing my rant...hehehe To answer your ?'s.....they want to do the lap to try and find the source of the pain and to try and give my reproductive organs a "push". Lots of people get pg right after a Lap!! Let's see.....ALL the time I have like knife jabbing pains intermittently in my ovaries (I, too, can tell you where they are at at any point in time ) and also knife jabbing pains in my cervix. And then, when AF is here....OMG!!!! I don't "bleed" and I have this HORRIBLE crampiness and the worst is all the PRESSURE!!! It feels like I am in labor having that "I HAVE TO PUSH" feeling CONSTANTLY! I also get what you describe with the "all over torso" things. LOL @ we have the same undiscovered disease!! And I know EXACTLY what you mean by "atleast then my body would be good for something"!!

January 28th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Angel_Maker
Dr.s suck! I hope the pain goes away and you get your ???s answered!
January 28th, 2009, 04:21 PM
richmond_girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to richmond_girl
Kari. I'm so sorry they can't figure it out!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search