What would you be comfortable with?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
If you're anything like me, you may be nervous about having a multiple pregnancy of three, four +. So, for those ladies doing IUI's...

How many follies are you comfortable with having prior to doing an IUI?

Would you convert to IVF if you had too many follies...or skip the month?

My answers:

How many follies are you comfortable with having prior to doing an IUI? I really don't know. Maybe 4 or 5? It would really depend on my doctor's recommendation in terms of my condition, etc.

Would you convert to IVF if you had too many follies...or skip the month? Yes-I'd do IVF! In a heartbeat. I don't think I could bare to waste all those follies!!!
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

January 29th, 2009, 03:21 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
That is a great question, and something that DH and I are going to have to talk about before this next cycle (we're starting Clomid). I don't think we'd convert to IVF...we just aren't ready for that step yet. It would be really hard to cancel a cycle and waste all those follies, but I don't want to be Jon and Mel + Twelve either

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

January 29th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How many follies are you comfortable with having prior to doing an IUI? one

Would you convert to IVF if you had too many follies...or skip the month? skip it.

January 29th, 2009, 03:31 PM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jmichelle77
How many follies are you comfortable with having prior to doing an IUI? I guess it would depend on the size and what my Dr. felt/recommended. Maybe 4-5???

Would you convert to IVF if you had too many follies...or skip the month? I guess I would have to say skip it. And I would be UBER UPSET! Can't do IVF.....religious and financial reasons.

January 29th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ccwantsbfp
This last cycle I did an iui with 5 and I would definetly not skip a cycle...IVF would be my choice!!!
January 29th, 2009, 03:42 PM
kticesk8s's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Having had an IUI work "too" well (now PG w/ Triplets) -- I would personally not go for more than 2 follies. My doc wanted to have 3-5, since we were using donor sperm (lower counts than fresh), but apparently, I'm hyper-fertile...all three eggs fertilized! I wouldn't convert to IVF if I had more follies, I'd cancel -- for me, IVF would be a waste of money if there weren't "lots" of follies (in my 2 IVF cycles, I had around 20 eggs retrieved).

• Me: 32.:. DH: 30...TTC w/ Male Factor.... BFP! Was triplets! NOW IT'S TWINS!!! 1 BOY, 1 GIRL
  • IVF #1: June '07 BFN
  • IVF #2: Oct '08 BFN
  • DIUI #1: Nov '08 BFP!!! Beta 593 @ 14/15 dpiui!! Beta 1897 @ 16/17 dpiui!!!!!! OMG!
January 29th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
for me, IVF would be a waste of money if there weren't "lots" of follies (in my 2 IVF cycles, I had around 20 eggs retrieved).[/b]
Hmmm...I never thought of that, but it's a good point.
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

January 29th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Bakin8th's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would have to say after researching and Talking this ALREADY over with RE. That we would be fine 8/10 follies at least.

Now bear in mind that 8/10 follies is not alot when you compare recurrent m/c history and the stats with ladies over 35 and follie vrs acual viable fertilized eggs. Not all follies contain eggs and that goes up with age as well.

With lower odds of eggs of quality plus unexplanined m/c 's 8/10 will put us at a range of younger women with 2 to 3 for odds of conciving 1 healthy bean.

Now if and I WONT get that many follies on clomid we would skip cycle if too many.

Ttcing #9 After TWO 2nd trimester loss's and FIVE 1st trimester loss's. Missing our 8 ANGEL'S

IUI W/CLOMID/TRIGGER FEB 12/13 09!

Kyle (absent) Chelsea, Miki, Hanna, Johna, Sari, Jessiah and Isaiah.

THE LORD GIVES AND TAKES AWAY MY HEART WILL CHOOSE TO SAY BLESSED BE HIS WONDERFUL NAME!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our 8 Greatly missed Angels
12W, 6W, 6W, 9W 1 twin, 5W
17W twins (sex unkown) and "Elijah"
17W "Angel"
January 29th, 2009, 05:54 PM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
HAHA this is such a funny question considering my last ultrasound...

How many follies are you comfortable with having prior to doing an IUI? as many as God will provide me

Would you convert to IVF if you had too many follies...or skip the month? nope, I would continue with my cycle, I had eight big follies, and still did my IUI hopefully at least one will work!

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
January 29th, 2009, 06:53 PM
~April04~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~April04~ Send a message via MSN to ~April04~
How many follies are you comfortable with having prior to doing an IUI? 5 (the most I've had).. my RE doesn't really feel comfortable with any over 3 though, she strongly warned us.

Would you convert to IVF if you had too many follies...or skip the month? I'd probably skip the month, if I was going to pay that much money for IVF I'd want to get the most out of it.

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggie!

January 29th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've done 4 medicated cycles so far and the most I've ever had was two, and both me and the dr were happy with that number.

If there were more than that I think it would depend. Anything over 4 I would probably cancel the cycle, and maybe just to timed intercourse at home instead of IUI.

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

January 30th, 2009, 01:03 AM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
i would be happy with 4-5. I only had one this cycle and was disappointed but hope it proves well.

I would skip a cycle and I don't know much about converting to IVF. If the dr however cancelled the month due to over stimulated, dh and I would probably still bd at home

January 30th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ccwantsbfp
I wanted to add something because it seems like every RE office works differently. I was given a few options my last cylce but if converting to an IVF was one of them then my RE would keep my on the Lupron/Follistim with the possibility of boosting up the dose until we got at least 10-15 mature(for me that was not an unrealistic goal) and then trigger. If for some reason I was offered for IVF to get done with a few follies then...I don't know...ask them to consider another option!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search