I'm pretty sure I'm out...

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 30th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, I'm pretty sure I'm out this cycle. My temp took a huge nose dive this morning. This cycle, I took 100mg of Clomid, IUI, and 200mg of Prometrium during my LP. If AF shows today, that would mean my LP was only 11 days. How is that possible with the Clomid and Prometrium?!?!?! I am so frustrated that my LP will never be long enough.

I've done Clomid and Prometrium for many cycles now. This was my first cycle that I took 100mg (the other cycles were just 50mg) and it was my first cycle with a RE (all the other Clomid cycles were with my OB/GYN). I'm sure I'll probably do another cycle or two the same way as this cycle, but what's next if Clomid, Prometrium and IUI doesn't work?
January 30th, 2009, 07:51 AM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jmichelle77
I am sorry....but ALL hope is not lost until shows her ugly face! I wouldn't know what to do next as I am JUST starting out on all this. My GUESS would be injectibles???? Good luck! And I really hope your temp was just off this AM and she doesn't show!!

January 30th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
maybe you need more prometrium? I dont know my doctor started me right off the bat on 400mg of prometrium a day. It made my luteal phase 17 days when it used to be 11 days.

January 30th, 2009, 11:11 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
I sure hope she doesn't show! I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya

January 30th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Veteran
Aww I hope she does not show. Have you considered Femera or Femera/injectables combo since Clomid is known to really thing the uterine lining?

Me 28, DH 31
Married 09/2003
TTC #1 since 08/2007, history on FF Home Page - from IUI's to IVF we have tried it all.
TTC Cycle #20

January 30th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks, ladies. I pray AF stays away, but I know she's about to start knocking at the door because I'm cramping and having lower back pain, just like every month she comes around.

Quote:
Aww I hope she does not show. Have you considered Femera or Femera/injectables combo since Clomid is known to really thing the uterine lining?[/b]
I don't know anything about Femera or Injectables. I'll just have to see what my doctor says as far as what to try next. I know she mentioned that there were other drugs I could try. I'm really scared about moving onto injectables, not because of having to give myself a shot, but I know it can be costly and I have no idea how much a cycle with injectables would cost.

Quote:
maybe you need more prometrium? I dont know my doctor started me right off the bat on 400mg of prometrium a day. It made my luteal phase 17 days when it used to be 11 days.[/b]
Heather, how long was your LP originally before starting the 400mg of Prometrium. I've always taken just 200mg of Prometrium and my LP usually ranges from 10-13 days depending on if I take Clomid that cycle too, or not. Do you take it all at once, or 200mg in the morning and 200mg at night? Do you have side affects? Sorry, lots of questions.
January 30th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I always thought the only next step after Clomid was injectables? Anyway-that will probably be what I'm doing in one or two more cycles.

The other thing is....what is your condition? If it's pcos like me-my doctor has suggested ovarian drilling (sounds pleasant doesn't it?). If you do have pcos-it may be worth it to explore that option...
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

January 30th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I always thought the only next step after Clomid was injectables? Anyway-that will probably be what I'm doing in one or two more cycles.

The other thing is....what is your condition? If it's pcos like me-my doctor has suggested ovarian drilling (sounds pleasant doesn't it?). If you do have pcos-it may be worth it to explore that option...[/b]
The only thing that's has been found wrong with me is that I have a luteal phase defect and a low egg count because my ovaries are small (according to my RE). I know LPD is suppose to be easily fixed, but for over a year now OB/GYN couldn't fix it and now a RE is working on it. My RE seems to think something else is going on, but all the tests I've had so far have all come back normal.
January 30th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
maybe you need more prometrium? I dont know my doctor started me right off the bat on 400mg of prometrium a day. It made my luteal phase 17 days when it used to be 11 days.[/b]
Heather, how long was your LP originally before starting the 400mg of Prometrium. I've always taken just 200mg of Prometrium and my LP usually ranges from 10-13 days depending on if I take Clomid that cycle too, or not. Do you take it all at once, or 200mg in the morning and 200mg at night? Do you have side affects? Sorry, lots of questions.
[/b]
it was 10-11 days but most commonly 11 days naturally. 200mg in the morning and 200mg at night vaginally.

Not many side effects just tender breasts (not even near as bad as without prometrium though),increased appetite,increased discharge,fatigue,dizziness for one day & holy freaking increased sex drive. It also made my mood so much better and I was so so happy all the time. my fiance loved it because he said I was really nice on it and it made me happier than he'd ever seen me.

I know that seems like a lot of side effects but compared to the HUGE list the information sheet it came with had thats nothing .

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search