How much does a cycle with injectables cost?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 30th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'll probably do a couple more cycles with Clomid and IUI before moving on to something else. My RE mentioned something about injectables during our consultation, just that there were other things that we could try down the road, if what we're doing now doesn't work. I'm just curious how much a cycle with injectables would cost because our insurance doesn't cover anything. TIA!
January 30th, 2009, 01:29 PM
~Ivy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The meds for my cycles weren't too bad. Only a couple hundred. What adds up are the doctors' visits and ultrasound monitoring and blood work. That depends on the office...

My Blog

January 30th, 2009, 02:24 PM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jmichelle77
I would love to hear the responses to this question too! Just incase I ended up headed down that road. (Let's hope the Clomid or Letrozole work!) I would like to prepare myself so that I don't have a stroke when I find out how much they are! LOL!

January 30th, 2009, 02:38 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I'm sure it varies with the different meds and pharmacies...hopefully *Melissa* will chime in, because she found that getting her meds overseas was a lot cheaper.

There are also a lot of financial assistance plans, etc. that can help. Check here http://www.fertilitylifelines.com/paying/index.jsp for info.

Sorry I don't really have an answer to the question, but hopefully someone else will jump in!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

January 30th, 2009, 03:49 PM
txjovigal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to txjovigal Send a message via Yahoo to txjovigal
I would love to hear the answer to this one too... RE is planning on doing this for me after my Lap.

working on my 3rd, for sure by 11/15/11
January 30th, 2009, 04:13 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
My RE told me that he would write a perscription out for me and then teach me how to order my meds over seas through IVFmeds.com. He started me on Repronex, a combination of LH and FSH for multiple follicular development. It is only about 14 dollars for 75 iu (one tablet/ one vial) the doctor had me order 20 vials because they weren't sure how much I would need, given that this is my first cycle. It cost me around 200 dollars. not too bad!
If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!!!
January 30th, 2009, 04:43 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
That isn't as bad as I thought. How long did it take from the time you ordered the meds until you actually received them?

Melissa & DH

January 30th, 2009, 07:19 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
a little over a week. But i would always give myself 2 weeks, just to be safe.
January 30th, 2009, 08:35 PM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Each vial cost $250 without insurance for me. I have insurance so it was I think $40 a vial. Ultrasounds and bloodwork are what kill you though!

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
January 30th, 2009, 08:40 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Some RE's will work with you though...since our insurance doesn't cover IUI or anything used with IUI, our RE is doing the office visits for free and the ultrasounds for 50% of his normal fee. You might ask your RE if they can do something similar.

Melissa & DH

January 30th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Each vial cost $250 without insurance for me. I have insurance so it was I think $40 a vial. Ultrasounds and bloodwork are what kill you though![/b]
How many vials do you need per cycle?

Quote:
Some RE's will work with you though...since our insurance doesn't cover IUI or anything used with IUI, our RE is doing the office visits for free and the ultrasounds for 50% of his normal fee. You might ask your RE if they can do something similar.[/b]
That's a good idea. What did you say to your RE to get him/her to cut their fee, etc.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search