Folliscan...

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 30th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So I had my folliscan today, which is CD 9. The nurse couldn't find any mature follies on either ovary. She said I have some very small ones...but we don't know if those will develop

Needless to say, I just broke down and started crying in the office, which I'm really annoyed about. I just don't understand it at all. I had one follie on 50mg, one to two on 100 mg....and NOTHING on 150???!!!! It just makes no sense to me. I'm hoping it's just too early in the cycle. I mean, my last pill was only two days ago. Last cycle, I went in on cd 10 and had no mature follies then either. But then I went back three days later and boom-one or two big ones. But I just don't know-she seemed to think they were all still really small.

So...I go back on Tuesday for another folliscan. If I still have nothing-I need to start the Clomid again for 5 more days. Grrrr....

Oh-so the nurse tells me this great news and then says...."I think your ovaries are getting resistant to the Clomid...have you considered ovarian drilling"? Ovarian freaking drilling-can they possibly think of a WORSE name for a procedure I mean, why does drilling have to be in the title?!? So...I guess we're going to do it. The earliest they can get us in for is April 21st. I'm bummed about that because I wanted to get it done and over with. The bad part is-I'll have to be outta work for 4-5 days...ugh. In the meantime, we're going to continue with clomid cycles and maybe injectables.

Anyone just feel like they take one step forward and two steps backwards in this ttc journey? It's like-one minute I'm feeling so hopeful after a good appointment and then BAM....something else happens...

Please pray that at least some of those follies grow...and that I see a bfp before having to do the ovarian drilling-it sounds kind of scary
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

January 30th, 2009, 02:59 PM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jmichelle77
Amanda!!! I am so sorry!!!! I also would like to know more about ovarian drilling.....and yes, that's a REALLY crappy term! LOL!

Lots and Lots of folli growing dust to you!!!

January 30th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry, Amanda. Here's some dust for you, I hope you have really big follies when you go back...
January 30th, 2009, 03:47 PM
txjovigal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to txjovigal Send a message via Yahoo to txjovigal
HUGS.. if your not responding to Clomid, have you tried Femera.

I didn't respond well to Clomid but have had wonderful eggies with Femera.. Most of the time I have 2 eggs and one month I had 3.

working on my 3rd, for sure by 11/15/11
January 30th, 2009, 04:39 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Ugh, my ovaries cringed when I read the name of that prodedure! They definitely need to call it something else!

I'm sorry that the nurse didn't sound very positive...I hope that your follies just grow more slowly and that when you go back on Tuesday you see nice, big, fat follies. Please keep us updated, and we'll send you follie dust

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

January 30th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ccwantsbfp
Sorry to hear that but they may get busy in the next few days....good luck!!!
January 30th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Super Mommy
Oh gosh Amanda I am so sorry! But please try to stay positive I know this can be hard, you may be nicely surprised next time when you go in. Sending tons of hugs your way

1/26/09-2 Beaufitul Embies Transfered!!
2/5/09-BETA, POSTIVE, 250 @ 10dpt!!
2/18/09-1st U/S, we are expecting Twins!!

January 30th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh Amanda.. I'm so sorry about your crappy appointment!

I know I don't even need to tell you this because you know first hand but those follies can get HUGE in no time at all so I really am hoping and praying that your next u/s will show you the results that you need... and deserve!!!

Here's some more follie growing dust...

PS. My DR has also mentioned ovarian drilling to me... totally freaked me out but she said we weren't quite there yet! I hope you aren't there yet either!!!!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

January 30th, 2009, 07:48 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry, Amanda!

I'm sending lots of mature follie dust your way so they can grow and grow before your next appointment!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

January 30th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Bakin8th's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry what a sucky day!!

I am praying you see some good follie growth next time you go in and a Sticky BFP this cycle and skip the drilling.

Ttcing #9 After TWO 2nd trimester loss's and FIVE 1st trimester loss's. Missing our 8 ANGEL'S

IUI W/CLOMID/TRIGGER FEB 12/13 09!

Kyle (absent) Chelsea, Miki, Hanna, Johna, Sari, Jessiah and Isaiah.

THE LORD GIVES AND TAKES AWAY MY HEART WILL CHOOSE TO SAY BLESSED BE HIS WONDERFUL NAME!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our 8 Greatly missed Angels
12W, 6W, 6W, 9W 1 twin, 5W
17W twins (sex unkown) and "Elijah"
17W "Angel"
January 31st, 2009, 06:47 AM
~Ivy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aw man I'm so sorry!! I hope your follies do some major growing in the next few days!

And yeah, totally agree..ovarian drilling...that just sounds a bit scary. Although I'm sure it's not as bad as it sounds!

My Blog

January 31st, 2009, 07:27 AM
richmond_girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to richmond_girl
Amanda. I'm sorry you had a crappy appt. I hope you get a nice surprise when you go back for your next appt.

January 31st, 2009, 07:49 AM
tracyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you had a bad appointment! Hopefully those follies just need a few more days to grow.
January 31st, 2009, 10:12 AM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
Quote:
So I had my folliscan today, which is CD 9. The nurse couldn't find any mature follies on either ovary. She said I have some very small ones...but we don't know if those will develop

Needless to say, I just broke down and started crying in the office, which I'm really annoyed about. I just don't understand it at all. I had one follie on 50mg, one to two on 100 mg....and NOTHING on 150???!!!! It just makes no sense to me. I'm hoping it's just too early in the cycle. I mean, my last pill was only two days ago. Last cycle, I went in on cd 10 and had no mature follies then either. But then I went back three days later and boom-one or two big ones. But I just don't know-she seemed to think they were all still really small.

So...I go back on Tuesday for another folliscan. If I still have nothing-I need to start the Clomid again for 5 more days. Grrrr....

Oh-so the nurse tells me this great news and then says...."I think your ovaries are getting resistant to the Clomid...have you considered ovarian drilling"? Ovarian freaking drilling-can they possibly think of a WORSE name for a procedure I mean, why does drilling have to be in the title?!? So...I guess we're going to do it. The earliest they can get us in for is April 21st. I'm bummed about that because I wanted to get it done and over with. The bad part is-I'll have to be outta work for 4-5 days...ugh. In the meantime, we're going to continue with clomid cycles and maybe injectables.

Anyone just feel like they take one step forward and two steps backwards in this ttc journey? It's like-one minute I'm feeling so hopeful after a good appointment and then BAM....something else happens...

Please pray that at least some of those follies grow...and that I see a bfp before having to do the ovarian drilling-it sounds kind of scary [/b]

WOW, I sorta feel like I'm in the same boat as you!!! I have had 5 injections so far on a very low dose of repronex injectable meds so as not to over stimulate. I had an ultrasound today (cd 8) and the follies looked the same as they did cd 3??!!! However, my dr made it sound like this was totally ok. He was glad I wasn't over stimulating and then checked my estrodial to see if there was any change, which their should be, and if there was no change at all, they would probably double the doses. But I ALSO have to have another U/S on tuesday to see if there is any improvement, so hopefully we will both get very good news on the 3rd!!!! Good luck hun!!
January 31st, 2009, 10:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow Melissa-it does sound like we're going through similar things! I'm glad you shared because it makes me feel somewhat better that your doctor didn't seem too concerned about small follies at this point. I kind of think that the nurse I see is a bit of an alarmist anyway.

Here's to us both having great Tuesday appointments We'll have to stalk each other....

In general I am feeling better today. I kind of go into "freak out" mode after hearing not-so-good news. Usually within a day or a few hours, I'm ok and ready to find a solution and tackle the problem. I mean, worse case scenario, they don't find any mature follies...I will either start Clomid again that day or maybe add some injectables. So-all is not lost-just have to remind myself that...it's just a little bump...(knock on wood)

Thanks for all the well wishes girls
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!

January 31st, 2009, 11:25 AM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
i completley understand. I was in tears afterwards too. I really don't even know why. The doctor wasnt even concerned... I just wanted to SEEE progression. Now that I think about it more realistically, i am totally fine, just had to have some time to freak out i guess lol.
I agree, we should be cycle buddies. Can't wait to hear how things go tuesday!!!
January 31st, 2009, 06:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
i completley understand. I was in tears afterwards too. I really don't even know why. The doctor wasnt even concerned... I just wanted to SEEE progression. Now that I think about it more realistically, i am totally fine, just had to have some time to freak out i guess lol.
I agree, we should be cycle buddies. Can't wait to hear how things go tuesday!!![/b]
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for us both! Ughhh....I HATE waiting so long to find out if they grew....

January 31st, 2009, 06:44 PM
JCT2005's Avatar Teddy's Mom

I'm sorry about your bad day. I hope the next one goes much better.

February 3rd, 2009, 12:00 AM
nelson1229's Avatar Super Mommy
this happened to me when i started my IVF cycle.. women with PCOS usually need more injection meds than non PCOS women.. because we produce many small follies each month anyways.. and each follie takes a certain amount of the injection meds.. i was on 150 IU of MENOPUR and nothing so was upped to a higher dosage and then things actually started to happen....

I really hope your FOLLIE SCAN goes great today!! Just keep your head high and remember that sometimes injection cycles last longer than non injection cycles.. meaning you will prolly O a little later In the end it is worth it!!! I AM THINKING OF YOU!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search