Femara Questions.

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2009, 05:11 AM
Zombiie's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Zombiie Send a message via Yahoo to Zombiie
I really want to talk to my doctor about Femara. I have some questions about Femara.

1) If you tried Femara did you ovulate? If so did you get pregnant?
2) Did you take something else with Femara?
3) What CD did you take it on?
4) What were some of the side effects?
5) What MG were you on?

TTC #2 since December 2010 (officially).
March 2012- Femara = BFN
April 2012= HSG
May 2012= 100mg Clomid IUI (no trigger shot)
February 3rd, 2009, 07:33 AM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jmichelle77
I'm sorry, I can't answer your questions as I haven't taken it. I want to BAD but my Dr. wants me to do 6 rounds of Clomid first. I can tell you tho that my best friend was not successful on Clomid and BOTH times she took Femara she got her BFP (first one ended in mc and 6 weeks ago she delivered a beautiful baby girl from the second time!!).

February 3rd, 2009, 10:25 AM
Zombiie's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
I'm sorry, I can't answer your questions as I haven't taken it. I want to BAD but my Dr. wants me to do 6 rounds of Clomid first. I can tell you tho that my best friend was not successful on Clomid and BOTH times she took Femara she got her BFP (first one ended in mc and 6 weeks ago she delivered a beautiful baby girl from the second time!!).[/b]
My best friend recently took 50mg of clomid she did not ovulate, now she's on 100mg she's waiting to see if she ovulates.

March 2012- Femara = BFN
April 2012= HSG
February 3rd, 2009, 12:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't taken it... I haven't taken anything yet, but I was offered both Clomid and Femara if I needed them. This was at the first time I talked to this OB, because I told her before I started my BCPs my cycles were long ... like every other month... so she figured they would continue. The other thing that played a roll in this is that I have interstitial cystitis (IC) and some other problems and being able to BD often is not always possible. She talked about Clomid first and I mentioned that the side effects with it and IC can be pretty bad. That is when she mentioned Femara, and said the half-life of the medication is much shorter than clomid. So I am going to guess that the side effects would be less frequent than with Clomid.

Good Luck on whatever you decide. I would definitely read up on it though.
February 3rd, 2009, 01:15 PM
n/a
I took Femara! I love it. I sometimes ovulated on my own and went through 3 clomid cycles without getting pregnant. I only did 3 because on the third clomid cycle my lining was ALREADY thinning and not that great. After that, I think it took the second Femara cycle for my lining to be in excellent shape again and that was the cycle I got pregnant (second Femara cycle). And when I was on clomid, I took 50mg, 25, and 50. So these were low doses, yet my lining was already shotty. I honestly think that happens to most women on clomid, but doctors sometimes have a different definition of good lining. Plus, Femara produces better quality eggs. On clomid I still ovulated late and sometimes later then I did naturally, around CD 19 or 20, but on Femara when I got preggo I ovulated on CD 16. That follicle was 22mm I think. I seriously would give Femara away if I could, I just love it. And we have been doing all the tests this pregnancy, and our little boy couldn't be healthier. I know of two other women that took Femara on JM and both were successful as well. I love Femara! I hope you can take it, and good luck!
February 3rd, 2009, 03:13 PM
txjovigal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to txjovigal Send a message via Yahoo to txjovigal
1) If you tried Femara did you ovulate? If so did you get pregnant? Yes I ovulated and most times I have had multiple eggies. Unfortunaly, no pregancy but we have Male Factor Infertility so that is why not the Femera.

2) Did you take something else with Femara? Nope

3) What CD did you take it on? 5 - 10

4) What were some of the side effects? I really didn't feel any side effects when taking the pills but I normally had really high progestrone which can cause IPS!

5) What MG were you on? I am going to have to look at that, but I took one pill 3 times a day.

working on my 3rd, for sure by 11/15/11
February 4th, 2009, 03:20 AM
Zombiie's Avatar Veteran
Thank you everybody!
I'm going to talk to my doctor about Femara.

March 2012- Femara = BFN
April 2012= HSG

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search