Thin Lining help

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2009, 09:32 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
So judging my my cramps, today should be CD1. I'm supposed to call my RE to get a prescription for Clomid, and if DH's tests come back okay next week, we'll be doing IUI after a trigger shot. Last cycle (no meds), my lining was only 8, so my RE was a little concerned about it.

Do I need to start meds with the Clomid to help the lining? Do they usually check it later and then add meds? Do I need to push for something to help if he suggests a wait-and-see approach?

If you have dealt with this, how did your RE do it? I'm just trying to make sure I'm covering all our bases so if we can go through with the IUI it has every chance to be successful!!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

February 4th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Angel_Maker
Wow, my lining was a 9 when I had my IVF

My lining is ALWAYS thin, which was PART of the reason for the cancelled FET (only 4 mm on CD13)-and that was after 13 days of estrogen patches

That is why I am allowing my lining to build up for MONTHS prior to my March FET......My lining was at 4 mm on December 12th, so hopefully by March 27th it will be nice and THICK!!

You could always asked for estrogen patches or pills to help thicken your lining....baby aspirin is supposed to help too!! GOOD LUCK!
February 4th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My RE puts me straight on Estrace as soon as I start the Clomid. He keeps me on it until a day or two after triggering-and then I start the Prometrium. My initial dose is 2 pills a day (2mg/pill I think). If my lining is still thin around cd 10, he adds two more pills to be taken vaginally. I am so happy that I start it right away because Clomid has really affected my lining. I know some doctors don't start it till later and only keep people on it for a few days.

I also take baby Aspirin to help...Good luck!
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

February 4th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've taken estrace a couple of cycles now to help with my lining. The first times I didn't start until after my first u/s but this last time I started right away and it seemed to help.

Good luck!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

February 4th, 2009, 04:44 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Thanks ladies!!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

February 4th, 2009, 04:46 PM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jmichelle77
Good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search