Haven't been here lately

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't been around since my M/C in the beginning of January. I thought the DR told me I had to take a break for a month of TTC because it would be an increased risk of another M/C. So I was soooo happy for AF to come today and finally thought I could start again. NOPE!!!! When I called my DR he said I now have to wait AOTHER MONTH for my uterine lining to shed properly It was bad enough that this was going to be my last month trying because I have been trying for almost a year and 1/2 now and originally I wanted my 2 1/2 yr old and the baby to be around 2 yrs apart....well obviously that came and went so now all I wanted was to make sure they would be in high school together ( 9th & 12 grade) so this month was going to be my last chance for that . So is this really the end of the road ???????

Make a pregnancy ticker

February 4th, 2009, 05:23 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I'm so sorry, girl. It is really heartbreaking to set timetables for ourselves and then watch the days on the calendar come and go. Even though you might be disappointed with the timing of everything, you'll still have your ultimate goal...another baby in your arms. Hang in there, and hopefully you'll be very soon!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

February 4th, 2009, 05:31 PM
richmond_girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to richmond_girl
Quote:
I'm so sorry, girl. It is really heartbreaking to set timetables for ourselves and then watch the days on the calendar come and go. Even though you might be disappointed with the timing of everything, you'll still have your ultimate goal...another baby in your arms. Hang in there, and hopefully you'll be very soon![/b]
I'm sorry things haven't worked out as planned. I am a control freak and I understand how frustrating it is not to have things occur on your timetable!! TTC is a humbling experience, that's for sure.

February 4th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How frustrating! It seems like I'm always setting little mini timetables for myself. And it feels like, when those goals aren't met, life is just leaving me behind. I hope that you're able to begin trying again soon. Good luck!
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

February 4th, 2009, 06:53 PM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jmichelle77
what all the other girls said! I wanted my kids to be 2 years apart also so we started TTC when DS was 12 months old...... He is 11 years old now! We are just coming off of a 5 year break.....sometimes other things in life alter your path. At this point it's going to be like starting a second family......but DS is SO EXCITED! And in a way....I think this is MORE FUN than keeping them 2 years apart because DS "gets it" now and he is SO FUNNY! I was looking at pg tests in the store one day and he started dancing up and down the aisle singing "It's pee stick time! It's pee stick time!" LMAO! Then he drove me NUTS the whole way home......"Are you gonna take the test mom? Huh? Huh?" And every morning I temp. DS is in the living room watching tv by the time I get up so I will yell down the hall "Joe Joe! 97.34!" And he picks up his phone and texts it to my phone so that I have it saved until I can log on to FF! LOL!! This morning he said "Mom, your temp was higher today than the past few days....does that mean your pg???" Maybe some think that's wierd....I don't know....LOL! DH, DS and I are very close.....we "grew up" together.....we had him when we were 18 and with him being an only for so long.....well, you know how that goes. Anywhoo....I'll stop rambling. I just was hoping to offer you some hope that maybe it's OK if things don't turn out exactly how we "planned".

February 5th, 2009, 04:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm really sorry about you getting the news to put things off for one more month. Like the other girls have said, this whole process takes away all of our control and we end up just being along for the ride. I hope you get good news next month and can get back on a new TTC path!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search