I'm on the Clomid Train

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2009, 09:48 AM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
Hi Ladies, I've mostly been lurking here as I've been waiting for a normal cycle. I'm Rebecca, I'm a 26 year old RN. I've been pregnant twice, both pregnancies were ectopic and I lost my right tube. I did Lupron for a few months and it really made my life miserable. I went from having a normal (very painful, very awful) cycle of 26 days to not having a period for 2/3 months on lupron. When we stopped the injections to get pregnant I ended up with a 16 day cycle. I was bleeding every 16 days and it was causing the endo to be worse than it was before the Lupron. Well after a normal 26 day cycle we are starting the Clomid (today was my first dose) and if the Clomid isn't enough this cycle we'll be moving straight into IUI. I am usually chatting with women who generally don't have any difficulty getting pg so I was hoping to find women to talk to who understand my situation better. Thanks for having me

February 5th, 2009, 10:08 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Hey, Rebecca. Welcome to our group! I'm sorry that you have had such a miserable experience trying to start your family, and hope that we can be a good support system for you as you continue your journey. We'll try to answer any questions you have, and hopefully we can celebrate your BFP very soon.

My name is Melissa and I am one of the co-hosts of the board. I am also starting on Clomid for this next cycle (still waiting for AF)! What dosage is your doc starting you on? Will you be combining Clomid with IUI (that is our plan)?

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

February 5th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Hey, Rebecca. Welcome to our group! I'm sorry that you have had such a miserable experience trying to start your family, and hope that we can be a good support system for you as you continue your journey. We'll try to answer any questions you have, and hopefully we can celebrate your BFP very soon.

My name is Melissa and I am one of the co-hosts of the board. I am also starting on Clomid for this next cycle (still waiting for AF)! What dosage is your doc starting you on? Will you be combining Clomid with IUI (that is our plan)?[/b]

we're doing 50mg clomid on days 3-7 of my cycle. then ttc naturally but if no BFP this cycle we're going to move onto injectables and IUI next cycle.. my RE appt is feb 24th. I hope you get your BFP soon also!!

February 5th, 2009, 12:02 PM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jmichelle77
Hi Rebecca and ! I am Jill (31) and DH is Joe (31) and we have one DS who is 11 years old. We are just starting to TTC again after a 5 year break. DH graduates in May with his RN, BSN and I am an LPN. I have PCOS. I will also be starting Clomid after my HSG in a few weeks. I hope you don't have to wait long on your BFP!! Hope to get to know you better!

February 5th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Hi Rebecca and ! I am Jill (31) and DH is Joe (31) and we have one DS who is 11 years old. We are just starting to TTC again after a 5 year break. DH graduates in May with his RN, BSN and I am an LPN. I have PCOS. I will also be starting Clomid after my HSG in a few weeks. I hope you don't have to wait long on your BFP!! Hope to get to know you better![/b]

Isn't it always us nurses who have medical problems?? LOL. As for your HSG, I had mine a few weeks ago, DEFINITELY take ibuprofen before you go, it's a very crampy procedure. *hug* They thought I had PCOS but I have severe endo that they believe is turning into adenomyosis which would mean I needed a hysterectomy. UGH. it's just all a nightmare as I'm sure you know. Hope you get your BFP soon also!

February 5th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Isn't it always us nurses who have medical problems?? LOL. As for your HSG, I had mine a few weeks ago, DEFINITELY take ibuprofen before you go, it's a very crampy procedure. *hug* They thought I had PCOS but I have severe endo that they believe is turning into adenomyosis which would mean I needed a hysterectomy. UGH. it's just all a nightmare as I'm sure you know. Hope you get your BFP soon also![/b]

No doubt! I am nervous about the HSG! I don't have the highest pain threshhold. My Dr. said he could give me "something"....but I don't know what "something" is. I have some Percocet and I am considering taking it before I go from what everyone is saying!! I am sorry to hear about your endo/adenomyosis. My PCP keeps pushing hysterectomy on me...... I don't know what he doesn't "get" about WANTING MORE KIDDOS!!

February 5th, 2009, 12:47 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Gosh, I can't believe your doctor's are pushing you to do something that would end your chance at more kids! I think doctors are problem solvers, though, and when they see a problem, they are trained to fix it quickly and effectively. That's is kind of how I feel about my RE...he doesn't really deal with emotions, he is purely a go-in-and-fix-the-problem kind of guy.

Nurses are usually much better at the "big picture"!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

February 5th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Gosh, I can't believe your doctor's are pushing you to do something that would end your chance at more kids! I think doctors are problem solvers, though, and when they see a problem, they are trained to fix it quickly and effectively. That's is kind of how I feel about my RE...he doesn't really deal with emotions, he is purely a go-in-and-fix-the-problem kind of guy.

Nurses are usually much better at the "big picture"! [/b]

And that is EXACTLY why I found a NEW Dr. to handle my "girly" stuff. My PCP is a good friend of mine and I will still see him for bumps and bruises and sniffles but he's not allowed anywhere NEAR my lady business! I'm all nervous he'll sneak a scalpel thru the speculum at my next pap!! LOL!!

February 5th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Isn't it always us nurses who have medical problems?? LOL. As for your HSG, I had mine a few weeks ago, DEFINITELY take ibuprofen before you go, it's a very crampy procedure. *hug* They thought I had PCOS but I have severe endo that they believe is turning into adenomyosis which would mean I needed a hysterectomy. UGH. it's just all a nightmare as I'm sure you know. Hope you get your BFP soon also![/b]

No doubt! I am nervous about the HSG! I don't have the highest pain threshhold. My Dr. said he could give me "something"....but I don't know what "something" is. I have some Percocet and I am considering taking it before I go from what everyone is saying!! I am sorry to hear about your endo/adenomyosis. My PCP keeps pushing hysterectomy on me...... I don't know what he doesn't "get" about WANTING MORE KIDDOS!!
[/b]

I would totally take the percocet. I wished I had taken the vicodin I had at home. I don't want to scare you but it hurt quite a bit. It might have been worse for me because I only have one tube but if your doc offered you something, i'd SO take it! and the PCP thing stinks.. don't you just love how they don't listen,.. just suggest? ugh.

Quote:
Quote:

Nurses are usually much better at the "big picture"! [/b]

And that is EXACTLY why I found a NEW Dr. to handle my "girly" stuff. My PCP is a good friend of mine and I will still see him for bumps and bruises and sniffles but he's not allowed anywhere NEAR my lady business! I'm all nervous he'll sneak a scalpel thru the speculum at my next pap!! LOL!!
[/b]

My last ob/gyn didn't see a problem with the 15-16 day cycle i had for about 4 cycles. I changed practices to a dr I worked with at another hospital. i've seen him deliver babies, I've seen his bedside manner, etc. That, to me, is priceless. He's an amazing person, very pro-active in my care. For my HSG he offered to come in on his day off because it had to be in the 3-4 days after my appt with him. He's amazing and someone you can trust like that.. is one in a million Im glad you got another dr also!

February 5th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Stephanie200318's Avatar Regular
Welcome! I'm still pretty new myself.. and I'm a nursing student to get my RN currently

I'm on Clomid currently and I'm hoping my u/s tells me something good Monday.

February 5th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Rebecca! I'm Amanda (28). DH and I have been ttc for 19 months (12 of those months were ntnp). We are now on our third round of ttc w/ medical assistance (with one loss in December).

I have been on Clomid. I started out at 50mg and did not have s/e. That was the cycle where I got my BFP. I was bumped up to 100 mg the second month, in hopes of having more than one follie. It worked again and I had two follies, but no bfp. I had some s/e on the higher dose...mostly a headache and vision changes that are common with Clomid. I was bumped up again to 150 in hopes of even more follies. Well-I don't know what happened, but the higher dose didn't work...which doesn't really make sense to me. My follies haven't grown, but I've had all the s/e: moodiness, vision changes, headache, etc.

Anyway-because I didn't respond well to the 150, my cycle was changed from a Clomid cycle to an injectable cycle. I am currently on Lupron and Gonal F (low dose). So, that is my experience with Clomid...sometimes it's helpful to hear other people's experiences (but I hope it works better for you!!!).

Good luck and welcome...it's nice to be a part of a board where people know exactly where you're coming from...
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

February 5th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Rebecca... welcome! I'm sorry about your tough journey but I hope with this new DR you be getting that BFP really soon!!!

I'm Kari (26) and DH is Brian (27) we've been married since Aug 2007 and TTC for that long as well. I have PCOS and am completely annovulatory. I've done a few natural cycles with clomid and estrace and have done one clomid/IUI combo. Nothing yet....

Good luck! Glad you've found us!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

February 5th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I'm Marie, and I'm also an RN working in the OR and teaching. DH and I are off to start our first IVF cycle next week in an attempt to give our 2 year old DS a sibling. Good luck!!

Lucky mother to five!

February 6th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Thanks so much ladies for all your encouraging words. I am just at a point where I feel like everybody but me is pg. i'm sure you can relate!! Looking forward to being around here more often!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search