Clomid CD3-7 vs CD5-9

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've always taken it CD5-9. Anyway, the nurse called me in a refill the other day, but I didn't pick it up until tonight (I'm on CD4 today) and I just assumed I would be taking it CD5-9. When I picked it up, the perscription says to take it CD3-7, but the nurse never told me that on the phone. Obviously I won't be taking it CD3-7 because I'm too late, so I guess I'll just take it CD5-9.

What is the difference in 3-7 vs 5-9? Also, I have a mid-cycle u/s scheduled for CD12, would I need to put that off a few days because I'm taking the clomid later than what was perscribed?
February 5th, 2009, 07:40 PM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jmichelle77
I am not CONFIDENT but I know I read somewhere that one way produces MORE follies and the other produce more MATURE follies. I am so sorry I can't remember which was which. I would call your Dr. tomorrow to verify that u/s date.

February 6th, 2009, 02:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I am not CONFIDENT but I know I read somewhere that one way produces MORE follies and the other produce more MATURE follies. I am so sorry I can't remember which was which. I would call your Dr. tomorrow to verify that u/s date.[/b]
I believe I read that too. But I can't remember which way it goes either...

Good luck!
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

February 6th, 2009, 03:39 AM
Angel_Maker
I've taken Clomid like 8 times and never noticed a significant difference between taking it 3-7 or 5-9....The ONLY TIME Clomid ever "worked" was when I took it after the HUNDREDTH day of my cycle Go figure right? If my memory serves me well, I took Clomid in April (mid April) and O'd 10 days after taking the last pill, which I believe was CD118, and I got my on CD128
February 6th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks, ladies! It seems that I read the same thing somewhere, but wasn't sure about. I just called my doctor, so now I have to wait around for them to call me back.
February 6th, 2009, 07:17 AM
Will you let us know what he says?? Now I am really curious! LOL! Especially because my problem is that my eggs don't seem to mature and I am getting ready to start Clomid again and I wanna know which was is best! Thanks!!

February 6th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Will you let us know what he says?? Now I am really curious! LOL! Especially because my problem is that my eggs don't seem to mature and I am getting ready to start Clomid again and I wanna know which was is best! Thanks!! [/b]
The nurse just called and said it would be fine to take it CD5-9 and keep my original u/s date.

I asked her what the difference in CD3-7 and CD5-9 and she said that there's not much difference at all. She said it's mainly doctor's preference. Some of the doctor's in our office only give it CD5-9 and some switch it up and give it CD3-7. That's what she told me, not much of an explanation. LOL I may google it later when I have more time and see what I find out.
February 6th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Huh. Dang. Thanks for asking tho! She probably didn't know and/or was too busy to go into a long explaination. I think I will google it too. I'll let you know what I find too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search