follicle scan

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2009, 12:00 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
Well... It was kinda bitter sweet. I was deffinatly hoping for more follies. I think 4 would be an amazing number of mature follies to have. However, my Right ovary had one follie at 16mm and another at 10mm, nothing on the left. My lining was 10mm, which is pretty awesome considering that just 3 days ago it was 6 mm, and all my follicles were around 8.5.
I was feeling pretty defeated and started crying... which was so embarressing, but i was so emotional i didn't care. My doctor saw me crying as I was getting my blood tested. He came over and talked with me and comforted me for awhile, and that was nice. He reassured me that since i have pcos and have lots of tiny follicles just waiting to burst forth, he needs to take it slow so that I don't hyperstimulate and have to cancel the cycle. He said the next cycle he can go straight to 2 amps to help produce more follies and faster. I can understand where he is coming from... and was thankful for his reassurance. I guess it's been a hard week, someone in the family recently announced a bfp, and that is always hard for me... it's just another way to see just how long this is taking...
I should hear back what my LH and Estrodial levels are, then go from there. He said if my LH is low that i could do another injection and hopfully give the second follicle a chance to catch up, or we may just have to go with one, and we'll schedule the insemination from there.

Anyways, sorry this became a rant thanks to anyone who listened
February 6th, 2009, 12:17 PM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jmichelle77
I'm sorry you didn't get better news, Melissa. But....maybe that one good follie will be your beautiful new baby in about 9-10 months!! Good luck!!!

February 6th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ccwantsbfp
Sorry to hear this...so you will do one more day of injects? This coupled with the day or two it takes for the eggs to release may do the trick for the second follie. Good luck
February 6th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Thanks ladies! I just got off the phone with the nurse. My LH came back as 7, so i'm not surging on my own yet, so I gave myself another injection with 2 amps on the RIGHT side of my tummy, hee hee that way it will go straight to my right ovary and help the little follie catch up.
My Estrodial came back as 160, so that is good. I go in tomarow morning for an LH and Estrodial blood test again, so we will see what tomarow brings...
February 6th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry they didn't see more follies...but at least now your doctor has a good idea of your response and can have a better understanding of what dose you need to get multiple follies.

I'm kind of wondering, what level of LH indicates that you're surging?

Good luck tomorrow-I hope that other follie catches up quickly!!!
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

February 6th, 2009, 02:40 PM
I believe it's anything over 20. For us PCOS'ers we ofter have high LH already, which gives false positives on a lot of OPK's so that is why i get the blood test.
February 6th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Angel_Maker
Sorry you didn't get better news, but at least your DR. seems to have a good plan and also understands the importance of being compassionate I hope that your second follie has time to catch up! GOOD LUCK! And thanx for the update!
February 6th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wishing you lots of luck this cycle-your doctor sounds like he's on top of things-come on eggies!

Lucky mother to five!

February 6th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It sounds like you have a really nice, compassionate doctor. Try and stay positive! Good luck!
February 6th, 2009, 05:08 PM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's good that your doctor is beiong cautious with doseage and hyperstimulation! Hyperstimulation sucks! I am currently going through it and I am soo bloated! I actually lost weight and my jeans should be loose but don't fit! I also am having pains. I personnally think it is better to take dosing slow to avoid this and don't lose hope! You never know!!

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
February 6th, 2009, 05:17 PM
richmond_girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to richmond_girl
Oh, I'm so sorry your appt didn't go well Melissa. It sucks getting news like that in the doctor's office when you've been hoping and praying so hard to hear something better! It does sound like your doctor is very on top of things and knows what he's doing. I hope that extra 2 amps today does the trick!!

February 6th, 2009, 07:50 PM
aww ladies, you always know the right things to say thank you everyone for all the support. what would I do without you guys??? I feel like no one IRL knows or understands what I am going through. I am the only one my age dealing with this kinda thing... I love you guys!!!!!

babybata- I'm so sorry about the hyperstimulation, I guess i should be thankful... So what do they do if you do over stimulate?? what is next for you??
February 6th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you didn't get better news but you are SO lucky to have such a great DR that is so kind and compassionate! It makes the whole process that much easier. I hope that this last injection does just the trick!!!! Grow Follies... GROW!!!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

February 6th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Super Mommy
Good luck!! I hope your second follie grows and grows!!

THANKS TO *Sharon* FOR MY BEAUTIFUL SIGGY!!!

BFP!!!!! 2/11/09
Beta #1 -2184
Beta #2 -4800
Beta #3-13000
Beta #4-35000
February 6th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Bakin8th's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck!! I am praying your little follies Burst forth in your next u/s!

Ttcing #9 After TWO 2nd trimester loss's and FIVE 1st trimester loss's. Missing our 8 ANGEL'S

IUI W/CLOMID/TRIGGER FEB 12/13 09!

Kyle (absent) Chelsea, Miki, Hanna, Johna, Sari, Jessiah and Isaiah.

THE LORD GIVES AND TAKES AWAY MY HEART WILL CHOOSE TO SAY BLESSED BE HIS WONDERFUL NAME!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our 8 Greatly missed Angels
12W, 6W, 6W, 9W 1 twin, 5W
17W twins (sex unkown) and "Elijah"
17W "Angel"
February 7th, 2009, 08:39 AM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Melissa- They can't really do anything. They just say eat lots of salt, drink lots of water. I just hope I get a BFP off this! Hopefully you will to!

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
February 7th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Babybata- I hope you get a BFP too!!! I mean, the odds have to deffinatly be in your favor right??? 8 follies???? I think that is awesome, but it DOES sound very uncomfortable. I read in one of the other topic's that you are reading the Twilight series, or atleast i think it was you, anyways, i LOVE the Twilight series, what are u thinking of it so far???
February 7th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Babybata- I hope you get a BFP too!!! I mean, the odds have to deffinatly be in your favor right??? 8 follies???? I think that is awesome, but it DOES sound very uncomfortable. I read in one of the other topic's that you are reading the Twilight series, or atleast i think it was you, anyways, i LOVE the Twilight series, what are u thinking of it so far???[/b]
I've read the first two books-I'm becoming addicted!!! I bought the last two for our road trip to Florida...I plan to do LOTS of reading...
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

February 7th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Babybata- I hope you get a BFP too!!! I mean, the odds have to deffinatly be in your favor right??? 8 follies???? I think that is awesome, but it DOES sound very uncomfortable. I read in one of the other topic's that you are reading the Twilight series, or atleast i think it was you, anyways, i LOVE the Twilight series, what are u thinking of it so far???[/b]
I've read the first two books-I'm becoming addicted!!! I bought the last two for our road trip to Florida...I plan to do LOTS of reading...
[/b]

They are so good, right??? I saw the movie first, and LOVED IT! I then decided to give the books a shot since i knew that they were already working on the sequel, so i wanted to know what was going to happen next... I was hooked after that. I'm one of those nerdy people that will deffinatly be at the midnight showing of "New Moon" hehe
February 8th, 2009, 12:52 AM
Veteran
Sorry you didn't get the news you wanted! It will happen in Gods timing ,which is always perfect!! I hope and pray you become pregnant very soon!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search