THEY THREW IT ALL AWAY!!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Angel_Maker

Ok, so everyone here KNOWS how much I love my babies and the fact that my mom and I put a lot of time decorating their headstone for the Holidays and whatnot.....well, we've ALWAYS been told that we can leave stuff on their headstone as long as it fits within the vase (it is a perpetual care cemetary, so they have lots of rules) Around Christmas and stuff, they are more leniant and will allow things outside of the vase but only for a short time (roughly a week)...

Well today when I got off work, I called my mom like I always do and she informed me that the boys' Christmas tree (which was in the vase) was G-O-N-E!! I freaked out and drove there myself, and sure enough the maintenance crew THREW IT AWAY!!! The tree was FULLY decorated and adorned with ornaments that we planned to keep for years and years as a tradition within our family. And now it's all gone, in a dump somewhere, next to dirty diapers and other GARBAGE!!! I am so upset! I stormed into the Funeral Home and DEMANDED to speak to someone.....well, when that "someone" finally appeared, I lost it!!! I tore into him and asked him what gave them the RIGHT to throw my babies' things in the garbage I yelled at him and told him how disrespectful and HEARTLESS it was to toss their things into a dumpster, not even taking into consideration the SENTIMENTAL value of those items. He proceeded to tell me that it was thrown away because it was "seasonal" ***???? WHO CARES???? If I want to leave a Christmas tree in the VASE (which is the rule) ALL YEAR LONG, then who are they to tell me I can't????? And even if they threw it away because it was seasonal, are they too heartless to at least CALL us and let us know that we need to come get the items??? I'm just so torn up over this....I can never replace those *exact* items, just like I can never replace my babies.....it makes me sick inside.....UGHHHHHH!!!! I just wanna diiiiieeeeeee
February 6th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh no!!! I am so so sorry that happened to you! I can't believe that guy was such an insensitive jerk. You have every right to feel the way you do...just know that we're all thinking of you...
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

February 6th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
OMG, I seriously want to go over and ring that guy's neck for you. How rude and awful!! I am so sorry that has happened to you. I absolutely agree that they should have at least called you to tell you that seasonal items are not allowed outside of the season.

February 6th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Brandi, I am so sorry they did that. I'm amazed they threw it all out when you'd put so much into it. Anyone should have been able to look at it and know it wasn't meant for the trash.
February 6th, 2009, 02:23 PM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jmichelle77
I am so sorry they did that! How thoughtless and disrespectful! ESPECIALLY, for people who are IN THE BUSINESS OF being compassionate to people's losses!! I am so so sorry, Brandi.

February 6th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry Brandi ((HUGS))
February 6th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry, hon. That's really insensitive of them to do that without calling first. I would be angry too. Vent away.
February 6th, 2009, 04:24 PM
richmond_girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to richmond_girl
Brandi, I am so sorry. There's nothing I can say that will take the pain away. They shouldn't have done that and you have every right to be furious.

February 6th, 2009, 04:26 PM
JCT2005's Avatar Teddy's Mom

I'm so sorry! I can't believe how freaking heartless and rude he was.

February 6th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I just can't believe how incredibly insensitive some people in this world can be! I would be outraged too!!! I"m so sorry about all this happening... nothing we can say will bring you stuff back, or your precious babies for that matter but we ARE ALL HERE FOR YOU!!!!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

February 6th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Bakin8th's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am in shock!

I hoped by the time I got to the end of your post they had a resonable explanation and a plan of action to compinsate you somehow.

What a disapointment. I am so sorry

Ttcing #9 After TWO 2nd trimester loss's and FIVE 1st trimester loss's. Missing our 8 ANGEL'S

IUI W/CLOMID/TRIGGER FEB 12/13 09!

Kyle (absent) Chelsea, Miki, Hanna, Johna, Sari, Jessiah and Isaiah.

THE LORD GIVES AND TAKES AWAY MY HEART WILL CHOOSE TO SAY BLESSED BE HIS WONDERFUL NAME!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our 8 Greatly missed Angels
12W, 6W, 6W, 9W 1 twin, 5W
17W twins (sex unkown) and "Elijah"
17W "Angel"
February 6th, 2009, 09:46 PM
A*LOT*OF*HOPE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im so sorry, I would have Frickin' snapped!! That is so rude!! Who the F*** cares if it is august and you still have a christmas tree there, they are your babies!! I probably would have punched him!!
February 6th, 2009, 11:05 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seriously that is beyond too much .............. i'm speechless!

I would call the cemetary's company and report the lot to them.. if they have CORPORATE phone number you can report??? Man..that just makes me so sick maintenance crew HAVE THE NERVE to throw away the Christmas tree and ORNAMENTS..... ohhhhhh that is NOT right!

You have every right to vent!!!!
February 7th, 2009, 05:03 AM
Angel_Maker
Thanks girls DH was furious too. We had to drive right by the cemetery last nite on our way to the ILs and I just burst out crying at the thought of my boys' stuff in the garbage It's going to take a while for me to "get over it"....I'm a very sentimental person, and that was just more than I could handle......

Thanks for the support and as always, for letting me vent...you all are wonderful

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search