Folliscan #3

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So I went for my third folliscan today on CD 17. The good news is that my lining has gone from a 4 to a 7 within 4 days. I'm very relieved because the high dose of Clomid really thinned it out! Plus, it will have time to thicken up more before we're ready to inseminate/BD.

The u/s showed lots of follies...but none were mature I had a whole bunch in the 8-9 range on both ovaries. I guess there's been some progress, because they were teeny tiny on Tuesday (like in the 4 range). My RE said that he's going to continue me on the 75 units of Gonal-F and the 5 units of Lupron. He doesn't want to bump up my dose because, in his words, he doesn't want me to end up with octuplets He's pretty conservative on this front, especially with pcos ladies...he's very leery of hyperstimulation. So, I guess the plans are to keep me on the Lupron until a few of those follies are mature. I'd love to have 3 or 4, but who knows what will happen. Then I will stop the Lupron and the Gonal and do my triggers. At this point, I have absolutely no idea when this might be. He said that sometimes it could take 3 weeks to get a few of the follies mature. I really hope this isn't the case...I'm not so good with waiting But, I guess I have to look at this as me being forced to learn patience

They also pulled me completely off the estrace (I was taking four a day)...apparently my estrogen levels are right were they should be, but they don't want them increasing. Anyone know anything about estrace/estrogen levels, etc?

Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

February 7th, 2009, 10:21 AM
richmond_girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to richmond_girl
Hey Amanda - I just came in here to check in on you and see how your follie scan went. 3 weeks will be hard to wait but I'm sure your follies will be mature before then! I don't know much about estrogen levels, I'm sorry - I know mine were higher today than my RE today given my slow follie development (he said that happens sometimes), but he wouldn't give me details because he knew I would google it and stress myself out unnecessarily . It sounds like your follies are definitely making good progress. I'm sending you lots and lots of follie dust!!

February 7th, 2009, 11:37 AM
AllisonC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck! I hope you get a few mature follies soon!
February 7th, 2009, 12:15 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
lol, sounds exactly how my appointments went!!! I had all 8's and 9's on both ovary's around the same time as you, my doctor is also very careful not to over stimulate.
I hope that this is the magic dose for you and you get your BFP in NO time!!!!!!
February 7th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
lol, sounds exactly how my appointments went!!! I had all 8's and 9's on both ovary's around the same time as you, my doctor is also very careful not to over stimulate.
I hope that this is the magic dose for you and you get your BFP in NO time!!!!!![/b]
We do seem to be having a very similar month/cycle...maybe we'll go on to the Oct/Nov DDC together too
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!

February 7th, 2009, 01:04 PM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jmichelle77
Sounds like you are moving along! That's great! I hope you don't have to wait 3 weeks for them eggies to "grow up"! And I'm sorry, I don't know much about estrogen/estrace either. Here's some maturing follie dust for you tho!!

February 7th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Patience is better learned now then later when you have your Quads!

Here's some more follie dust and I really hope that you don't have to wait around three weeks... that would drive me nuts too!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

February 7th, 2009, 11:24 PM
Veteran
I hope this cycle gives you two beautiful lines!! Sending some follie dust your way!!
February 8th, 2009, 07:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for all the follie dust ladies

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search