I feel so defeated

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2009, 07:44 PM
A*LOT*OF*HOPE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am on CD 18 and still have not O'd!! I O'd on CD 18 last month and had had a positive opk by CD 16!! I have not even had anything close to a positive!! I just feel like I am fighting a loosing battle!! DH is so sad, he wants to be a daddy so bad, he deserves to be a dad, he will be the most amazing dad!!! I know he would never feel like it was all my fault, or blame me, but I am blaming me!! I guess I am just having a little pity party!! I was so optimistic this cycle, I thought it was the one!! I just don't know why 100mg of clomid worked last month and not this month!! I guess I will be doing 150mg next cycle and that SUCKS DH, bless is heart, really has no idea about TTC, in a way that is good, but he thinks I can do clomid every month for 2 years if we have to, but I know different, but I can't bring myself to crush him, by telling him we may need some more aggressive medical treatment I know I shouldn't give up just yet, but it is so hard!!! I could use some hugs!!!
February 7th, 2009, 07:55 PM
richmond_girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to richmond_girl

You may be o'ing later this cycle because your body is developing a really plump, strong follie. Clomid doesn't just increase follies, it improves their quality too. Some ladies o later on Clomid for this very reason. So don't give up yet!!

February 7th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So sorry you're having a defeated day... those days SUCK!!! Here are lots of extra hugs and please don't give up! There is plenty of time to still O and like Juli said, maybe your body is just getting ready with one big nice and fat follie!!!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

February 7th, 2009, 08:24 PM
A*LOT*OF*HOPE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There better be a HUGE BIG FAT JUICY FOLLIE in there!!! LOL!!! Mabye 2?? That would be nice!!
February 8th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Don't lose hope yet! My first cycle on 50 mg of Clomid, I didn't O until CD 20 or 21. I developed a nice fat, healthy follie-but my body needed an extra kick from a trigger shot. I ended up with a BFP that month.

Second month on Clomid, I believe I O'd on CD 17 or 18. I definitely know that a lot of women O later on this treatment, myself included! Does your doc do ultrasounds to check your progress? Mine does, and this really helps put my mind to ease (even if it's maddening sometimes!).

I am kind of in a similar situation to you. I O'd on 50 and on 100 mg. On my third month, they bumped me up to 150, thinking that I would have more follies. Well-it didn't work! I could not, still can't, understand why it worked every other time. It really drove me nuts! But I just had to come to terms with the fact that every cycle is different (which was not easy to do!). This is not to say, however, that you won't O soon!

I hope that you do O and get a nice dark BFP from it! But if you don't, and you're ready to move on to something else, injectables for instance, it's really not bad once you get started. When this round of Clomid didn't work, I had enough of it and switched to injectables mid way through. I physically feel so much better on them than on the Clomid. And it they don't have some of the more negative s/e of Clomid like thin lining and little cm. Again, I hope you don't need to go this route though!

Sending O dust
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

February 8th, 2009, 09:23 AM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jmichelle77
I am sorry you are feeling so defeated. But, it's not too late.....you are maybe just going to o a little later this cycle. Don't give up....it's still VERY possible! Good luck! Here's some o dust for ya.....

February 8th, 2009, 10:39 AM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
Stay on top of the OPKing and BDing! You just never know lots of and I really hope your get your BFP soon. I know it can be frustrating

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search