Log In Sign Up

New to this group


Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
February 8th, 2009, 01:41 PM
KalliRyRysMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Colbert
Posts: 657
Hi girls, My name is Krystle and I've been around JM for a while in AIP, TTC board as well as PCOS board. I was diagnosed with PCOS at 19 years old and from what I was told I have a severe case of PCOS. My daughter was an unexpected surprise when I found out I was pregnant - I was told I was to get MA to conceive because of the PCOS but I was only on Metformin when I got pregnant (wasn't planning on it).

Now my daughter's 2 and DH and I have been actively ttc for the past 10 months - this is our 11th cycle and I'm waiting on AF to come. After seeing the OB-GYN about a week and a half ago - I explained our situation to her and she put me back on metformin 1500mg (3x a day) and suggested that I start on Clomid on CD 5. I'm very familiar with Metformin but as for Clomid, I'm not.

I'm curious to the success rate of successfully getting pregnant with metformin and clomid together, and what kind of side effects have you experienced while on Clomid?? I'm a bit anxious/nervous about taking clomid but at the same time, I'm so excited because this could bring us closer to the one goal we've been trying to achieve, adding another mini-me or mini-dh to the family!

Thanks for allowing me to introduce myself!

Krystle
__________________



"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new." ~Rajneesh
Reply With Quote
  #2  
February 8th, 2009, 02:48 PM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: NH
Posts: 2,151
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
Quote:
Hi girls, My name is Krystle and I've been around JM for a while in AIP, TTC board as well as PCOS board. I was diagnosed with PCOS at 19 years old and from what I was told I have a severe case of PCOS. My daughter was an unexpected surprise when I found out I was pregnant - I was told I was to get MA to conceive because of the PCOS but I was only on Metformin when I got pregnant (wasn't planning on it).

Now my daughter's 2 and DH and I have been actively ttc for the past 10 months - this is our 11th cycle and I'm waiting on AF to come. After seeing the OB-GYN about a week and a half ago - I explained our situation to her and she put me back on metformin 1500mg (3x a day) and suggested that I start on Clomid on CD 5. I'm very familiar with Metformin but as for Clomid, I'm not.

I'm curious to the success rate of successfully getting pregnant with metformin and clomid together, and what kind of side effects have you experienced while on Clomid?? I'm a bit anxious/nervous about taking clomid but at the same time, I'm so excited because this could bring us closer to the one goal we've been trying to achieve, adding another mini-me or mini-dh to the family!

Thanks for allowing me to introduce myself!

Krystle[/b]
Hi Krystle and welcome! :biggrin: Tomorrow will be my last day on Clomid and although side effects vary between people I can tell you that for me it has made me feel crampy and bloated, with a touch of headache. Other than that, not much. I have no idea about the success rates of metformin and clomid together. I've read clomid is successful in 40-80% of cases. I hope you pick up lots of other useful info and that your time here is short! Hope you get your BFP SOON!
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #3  
February 8th, 2009, 03:56 PM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,141
Welcome! I am Stephanie and DH is Adam. We have been TTC for 2 years and 1 month now. I also have PCOS and am taking Metformin 1500mcg each day. I did three cycles of Clomid. The first cycle I cried all the time and had hot flashes. The other two cycles I only had hot flashes. The hot flashes can be pretty intense, but its not so bad! Good Luck!
__________________
stephanie, wife to adam, mommy to rylan, dakota, and baby girl on the way!








07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
Reply With Quote
  #4  
February 8th, 2009, 04:00 PM
richmond_girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,792
Send a message via AIM to richmond_girl
Welcome! I'm Juli and we just started IVF. The only side effects I experienced on Clomid were bloating and hot flashes/night sweats. Good luck!
__________________






Reply With Quote
  #5  
February 8th, 2009, 05:02 PM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5,184
Send a message via Yahoo to jmichelle77
Welcome! I am Jill (31) and DH is Joe (31) and we have one DS who is 11 years old. We have just started TTC #2 again after a 5 year break. I just finsihed Provera and am waiting for AF to show. The Dr. I am seeing now wants to do HSG on CD 7, 8 or 9 and wants me to take Clomid. I took it so long ago I don't remember if I had any side effects or not. I guess if I don't remember....they must not have been that bad. Oh, also I have PCOS.
__________________
Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!!



Reply With Quote
  #6  
February 8th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 6,083
Welcome! I'm Amanda (28). DH and I have been ttc for 19 months (12 ntnp), with one loss in December. I also have pcos and am currently on 2000mg of Glumetza.

I did two successful rounds of Clomid. The first round, I was on 50 mg. I had very little, if any s/e....and had my BFP that month (m/c at 5 weeks). Second round was 100mg. At this dose, I had some s/e...hot flashes, headaches and some vision changes (blurred vision, light trailers, afterimages). I O'd on this dose, but had a BFN. Third cycle I was put on 150 and it was completely unsuccessful...but I had many s/e: hot flashes, night sweats, pretty severe vision stuff and moodiness. I think the high dose was just too much for me. Anyway-I've switched over to injectables mid-cycle. So, I think a lot of the s/e depends on your body and the dose.

I hope Clomid is the wonder drug for you!! Good luck
__________________
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

Reply With Quote
  #7  
February 8th, 2009, 06:52 PM
KalliRyRysMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Colbert
Posts: 657
Quote:
Quote:
Hi girls, My name is Krystle and I've been around JM for a while in AIP, TTC board as well as PCOS board. I was diagnosed with PCOS at 19 years old and from what I was told I have a severe case of PCOS. My daughter was an unexpected surprise when I found out I was pregnant - I was told I was to get MA to conceive because of the PCOS but I was only on Metformin when I got pregnant (wasn't planning on it).

Now my daughter's 2 and DH and I have been actively ttc for the past 10 months - this is our 11th cycle and I'm waiting on AF to come. After seeing the OB-GYN about a week and a half ago - I explained our situation to her and she put me back on metformin 1500mg (3x a day) and suggested that I start on Clomid on CD 5. I'm very familiar with Metformin but as for Clomid, I'm not.

I'm curious to the success rate of successfully getting pregnant with metformin and clomid together, and what kind of side effects have you experienced while on Clomid?? I'm a bit anxious/nervous about taking clomid but at the same time, I'm so excited because this could bring us closer to the one goal we've been trying to achieve, adding another mini-me or mini-dh to the family!

Thanks for allowing me to introduce myself!

Krystle[/b]
Hi Krystle and welcome! :biggrin: Tomorrow will be my last day on Clomid and although side effects vary between people I can tell you that for me it has made me feel crampy and bloated, with a touch of headache. Other than that, not much. I have no idea about the success rates of metformin and clomid together. I've read clomid is successful in 40-80% of cases. I hope you pick up lots of other useful info and that your time here is short! Hope you get your BFP SOON!
[/b]
I wish you the very best of luck and I hope you'll get your BFP!!


Quote:
Welcome! I am Stephanie and DH is Adam. We have been TTC for 2 years and 1 month now. I also have PCOS and am taking Metformin 1500mcg each day. I did three cycles of Clomid. The first cycle I cried all the time and had hot flashes. The other two cycles I only had hot flashes. The hot flashes can be pretty intense, but its not so bad! Good Luck![/b]

How intense would the hot flashes be? to where you're so hot to where you're wanting to strip down to nothing?


Quote:
Welcome! I'm Juli and we just started IVF. The only side effects I experienced on Clomid were bloating and hot flashes/night sweats. Good luck![/b]
night sweats? Did you take the clomid at night? I was told by someone that it could be a better idea to take the clomid at night but if it's gonna cause night sweats for me - I'd NEVER get any sleep from it

Quote:
Welcome! I am Jill (31) and DH is Joe (31) and we have one DS who is 11 years old. We have just started TTC #2 again after a 5 year break. I just finsihed Provera and am waiting for AF to show. The Dr. I am seeing now wants to do HSG on CD 7, 8 or 9 and wants me to take Clomid. I took it so long ago I don't remember if I had any side effects or not. I guess if I don't remember....they must not have been that bad. Oh, also I have PCOS.[/b]
How long have you had PCOS? when were you diagnosed?

Quote:
Welcome! I'm Amanda (28). DH and I have been ttc for 19 months (12 ntnp), with one loss in December. I also have pcos and am currently on 2000mg of Glumetza.

I did two successful rounds of Clomid. The first round, I was on 50 mg. I had very little, if any s/e....and had my BFP that month (m/c at 5 weeks). Second round was 100mg. At this dose, I had some s/e...hot flashes, headaches and some vision changes (blurred vision, light trailers, afterimages). I O'd on this dose, but had a BFN. Third cycle I was put on 150 and it was completely unsuccessful...but I had many s/e: hot flashes, night sweats, pretty severe vision stuff and moodiness. I think the high dose was just too much for me. Anyway-I've switched over to injectables mid-cycle. So, I think a lot of the s/e depends on your body and the dose.

I hope Clomid is the wonder drug for you!! Good luck [/b]
Thanks I hope this clomid will work for me too! I can't help but be a bit wary that it may not work for me - I just don't want to be disappointed once again

Thanks girls for the welcomes and responses! I'm really amazed at how many women out there used clomid! I wish you all the very best of luck and I'll be stalking you guys!

Krystle
__________________



"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new." ~Rajneesh
Reply With Quote
  #8  
February 9th, 2009, 03:44 AM
~Ivy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The Desert
Posts: 1,989
Hi there! My name is Ivy and DH are trying to concieve our 5th! (2nd biological) I also have a pretty good case of PCOS and endometriosis. I'm hopint to start either clomid or injectibles in the next month or so! With clomid, the last time I took it, I only had side effects when I took 150 mg. And that was hot flashes. Good luck!
__________________
Ivy
Mommy of Destiny, Jon, Staci, Luke, and our newest addition Jake!

My Blog


Reply With Quote
  #9  
February 9th, 2009, 06:20 AM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5,184
Send a message via Yahoo to jmichelle77
I was diagnosed about 8 years ago....when we were first TTC #2 with no luck. I went on Met for a little while.....wasn't really aware of its benefits and quit taking it because the SE's SUCKED! *kicking myself* We had to stop TTC for the past 5 years D/T financial circumstances and DH going back to school. And now....I have one Dr. who won't put me back on Met because he wants me to have a laparoscopy FIRST (???) but he can't do it and I REFUSE to go to the Dr. he is referring me to.....and I have another Dr. who doesn't "beleive in" PCOS (wth??) and won't put me on Met. SOOOO.....LOL.....the mission for today is to find ANOTHER new Dr. Ugh!
__________________
Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!!



Reply With Quote
  #10  
February 9th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Veteran
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 220
Hello and Welcome!! I dont know a thing about clomid. When we went to our first doc appt. she had told us if everything looked ok, she would have put me on clomid. Unfortunately i have scare tissue in my tubes and DH has low morphology(i think thats the right word). So that has led us to IVF in May.
I hope you get a bfp very soon!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
February 9th, 2009, 07:44 AM
KalliRyRysMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Colbert
Posts: 657
Quote:
I was diagnosed about 8 years ago....when we were first TTC #2 with no luck. I went on Met for a little while.....wasn't really aware of its benefits and quit taking it because the SE's SUCKED! *kicking myself* We had to stop TTC for the past 5 years D/T financial circumstances and DH going back to school. And now....I have one Dr. who won't put me back on Met because he wants me to have a laparoscopy FIRST (???) but he can't do it and I REFUSE to go to the Dr. he is referring me to.....and I have another Dr. who doesn't "beleive in" PCOS (wth??) and won't put me on Met. SOOOO.....LOL.....the mission for today is to find ANOTHER new Dr. Ugh![/b]

I got my metformin the first few years from my family physician - not my OB-GYN - maybe you could try your family Physician? I LOVE metformin becuz it's helped my cycle stay regular but the horrid downside to this is it causes Vitamin B deficiency after years of use.. and so if my obgyn won't give it to me - I go to my family family and they're more than happy to give it to me this is now an exception my ob gyn NOW will give me metformin after I've told her we've been trying for almost a year... oh well ....
__________________



"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new." ~Rajneesh
Reply With Quote
  #12  
February 9th, 2009, 07:47 AM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5,184
Send a message via Yahoo to jmichelle77
Quote:
I got my metformin the first few years from my family physician - not my OB-GYN - maybe you could try your family Physician? I LOVE metformin becuz it's helped my cycle stay regular but the horrid downside to this is it causes Vitamin B deficiency after years of use.. and so if my obgyn won't give it to me - I go to my family family and they're more than happy to give it to me this is now an exception my ob gyn NOW will give me metformin after I've told her we've been trying for almost a year... oh well ....[/b]

It's my PCP....family physician....that won't give it to me until AFTER I have a Lap. And since we are at a stand off with me refusing to go to the OB/GYN he is referring me to for the Lap and him refusing to refer me to another......it doesn't look like he will EVER be putting me on Met. Grrrr!!! But I have high hopes for the Dr. I am calling today! Wish me luck!
__________________
Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!!



Reply With Quote
  #13  
February 9th, 2009, 07:49 AM
KalliRyRysMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Colbert
Posts: 657
Quote:
Hello and Welcome!! I dont know a thing about clomid. When we went to our first doc appt. she had told us if everything looked ok, she would have put me on clomid. Unfortunately i have scare tissue in my tubes and DH has low morphology(i think thats the right word). So that has led us to IVF in May.
I hope you get a bfp very soon!!!! [/b]

Thanks! My Ob-Gyn told me that she wouldn't check me or do b/w or u/s to see how I'm progressing the first three months on clomid, I'm assuming it's becuz we already know the potential hindrance which is my PCOS - which was okay with me but at the same time I do like to see how I'm progressing tho - oh well.. only time will tell and Ihope the first round will work!
__________________



"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new." ~Rajneesh
Reply With Quote
  #14  
February 9th, 2009, 07:56 AM
KalliRyRysMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Colbert
Posts: 657
Quote:
Quote:
I got my metformin the first few years from my family physician - not my OB-GYN - maybe you could try your family Physician? I LOVE metformin becuz it's helped my cycle stay regular but the horrid downside to this is it causes Vitamin B deficiency after years of use.. and so if my obgyn won't give it to me - I go to my family family and they're more than happy to give it to me this is now an exception my ob gyn NOW will give me metformin after I've told her we've been trying for almost a year... oh well ....[/b]

It's my PCP....family physician....that won't give it to me until AFTER I have a Lap. And since we are at a stand off with me refusing to go to the OB/GYN he is referring me to for the Lap and him refusing to refer me to another......it doesn't look like he will EVER be putting me on Met. Grrrr!!! But I have high hopes for the Dr. I am calling today! Wish me luck!
[/b]

GOOD LUCK!!! I hope it'll all fall into place to where you'll finally get the metformin! It's annoying when drs don't listen to what we say, we do know our bodies, after all it IS OUR bodies!



Quote:
Hi there! My name is Ivy and DH are trying to concieve our 5th! (2nd biological) I also have a pretty good case of PCOS and endometriosis. I'm hopint to start either clomid or injectibles in the next month or so! With clomid, the last time I took it, I only had side effects when I took 150 mg. And that was hot flashes. Good luck![/b]

Hi Ivy! Thank for introducing yourself! I hope you'll be successful with clomid when you do get started on it! with Clomid I do become a bit hopeful with the stories I 've heard about how it's been successful!
__________________



"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new." ~Rajneesh
Reply With Quote
  #15  
February 9th, 2009, 06:54 PM
JCT2005's Avatar Teddy's Mom
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,770


I'm Jenny. Wife to Corey and mommy to Teddy (who turns 4 in April). We are TTC#2 but I have a high prolactin level that doesn't allow me to ovulate.

I wish you lots of luck and hope you get a BFP soon!
__________________
Jenny






Reply With Quote
  #16  
February 10th, 2009, 01:26 PM
KalliRyRysMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Colbert
Posts: 657
Quote:


I'm Jenny. Wife to Corey and mommy to Teddy (who turns 4 in April). We are TTC#2 but I have a high prolactin level that doesn't allow me to ovulate.

I wish you lots of luck and hope you get a BFP soon![/b]

Hi! Thanks for introducing yourself! what are you using to help you O since high prolactin level doesn't allow u to O?
__________________



"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new." ~Rajneesh
Reply With Quote
  #17  
February 11th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Ads Ads is offline
Veteran
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 215
This cycle was my 2nd round of clomid.1st round i had 50mg,but i did not ovulate on it.So this month Doc gave me 100mg.i just finished taking last dose for this cycle yesterday.I did not have any side effects at all both the times.I hope Clomid gets us the BFP this cycle for both of us
__________________
<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/257691" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>






Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:40 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0