IVF and Donor Eggs

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ccwantsbfp
Egg...It's official. At my Re's office when we talked about my IVF cycle she mentioned how well I responded to the meds and tried to work out how many iu of Follistim I will be using. Well she mentioned if I had too many eggs I may consider donating them for research(hell no) or to someone who needs them(Eureka). I did not say anything, but she could see the glow on my face, because I had not discussed this with dh. Well, I finally got the guts up to ask if he would be okay with this and he said "I was already thinking that."

I was really shocked and happy to know that I have the option of freezing some(no more than 6) and donating the rest!!! We will be putting 2 back in so now I really hope that we at least have 10 that make it since we are doing ICSI. My last cycle was 100iu with 5 mature and around 10 that could of gotten mature if we suppressed a little longer with injects.

Okay, enough of me!!!
February 8th, 2009, 05:58 PM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jmichelle77
Awe! That is so admirable!! You are a wonderful couple to want to give that gift to someone who may never have children otherwise.

February 8th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh! That is so wonderfully selfless. You and your DH would be giving such an exceptional gift to another couple. I literally teared up reading your post!
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

February 8th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Awe! That is so admirable!! You are a wonderful couple to want to give that gift to someone who may never have children otherwise.[/b]
Thanks...really dh is great because he grew up Catholic(I am by marriage...hehehehehe) so I did not think he would even consider it. I will KUP through this post on how it turns out.

Quote:
Oh! That is so wonderfully selfless. You and your DH would be giving such an exceptional gift to another couple. I literally teared up reading your post![/b]
No don't tear up...it really is a selfish act to be able to have the ability to do it and then having so many people appreciate it. I really believe as humans we really seek to help other's in order to feel good about ourselves(sorry for the spiritual babble). You know I was thinking that I will definetly have to stick to my eating plan and excercise because now it's more than me banking on some good quality eggs :biggrin:
February 9th, 2009, 04:41 AM
~Ivy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is so wonderful! What a great option! I myself actually have considered doing a "snowflake" adoption (adopt unwanted embryos.) It's so cool!!

My Blog

February 9th, 2009, 07:28 AM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jmichelle77
Quote:
Quote:
Awe! That is so admirable!! You are a wonderful couple to want to give that gift to someone who may never have children otherwise.[/b]
Thanks...really dh is great because he grew up Catholic(I am by marriage...hehehehehe) so I did not think he would even consider it. I will KUP through this post on how it turns out.[/b]

I think that is one of the reasons I found your post so interesting/inspiring......we are Catholic also. And IVF for us has always been out of the question because of those beliefs....but recently DH and I have been discussing the possibility of putting any extra eggs/embryos up for "adoption".....then there is no loss of life!!

(side note.....for anyone else doing IVF.....I DO NOT judge you or think poorly of you! It is a personal choice/belief for me and my DH but I would NEVER condemn someone else. Actually, I am jealous of you..... LOL! I am so scared that if we are unsuccessful with meds that that is the end of the road for us and as you can see by what I said up above.....we are trying to find ways "around" it so that maybe IVF is an option for us too. )

February 9th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Veteran
Wow! That is a great gift that you are able to give! This is something me and DH will have to discuss very soon, since we are doing IVF in May. Our doc told us if we have some left over that will be frozen, if we decide not to use them in the future , we can choose to pay $500 dollars to store them for every 6 months, or donate them to stem cell research or donate to another couple, or have them destroyed. Having them destroyed is not an option!! I would just pay to have them stored until we could make a decision. I think you have made a very selfless decision!!! Good for U!!!
February 9th, 2009, 08:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
As someone who struggled to concieve for 3 1/2 years and spent countless dollars on failed IUI's and In Vitro, I finally got pregnant on donor eggs. My doctor said "My oven is perfect, but the ingrediants are poor". I knew all along in my heart that it would get to donor eggs, but I held out hope that my own crappy eggs would suddenly just work. When they didn't work, I was tired of the heartache, the struggle, everything about it sucked. Luckily, I have wonderful sisters who made the offer and one of my sisters ended up being my donor and the rest is history!!!! Her selfless act led to my triplet pregnancy!!!

Just wanted to applaud you on being so kind! We need more people like you.

Thank you to *Kiliki* for creating the perfect siggy!

"Victory is sweetest when you have known defeat" ~Malcolm Forbes

IUI #1 - Nov 07 = BFN, IUI #2 - Dec 07 = BFN
IVF #1 - Apr 08 = BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 18
Dec 2 - Beta 1: 198!! Dec 4 - Beta 2: 660!!
Dec 15 - 1st U/S - We're having twins!!!
Dec 23 - 2nd U/S - Surprise it's triplets!!!
February 9th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Luckily, I have wonderful sisters who made the offer and one of my sisters ended up being my donor and the rest is history!!!! Her selfless act led to my triplet pregnancy!!![/b]
You are so lucky to have great Sisters. At first we thought it was me and my cousin was adamant that she would donate her eggs to me, but I think she was relieved when she learned of the injects(hehehehehe). It really is tough for donors that can conceive without IVF too. I think my cousin would of ran once she seen the meds(LOL). Congrats on your pregnancy!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search