Feeling kinda frustrated...

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2009, 04:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well-I had the fourth scan today. Some good news, some not-so great news...it was a very "ok" appointment. Good news first: I had one follie measuring 12 x 10, which means it has been growing about 2 mm a day, as all my follies were around an 8 on Saturday. The "bleh" news is that all the other follies are still small, around 8-10...the nurse didn't give me the exact numbers because this particular nurse only looks at the biggest follies I'm trying to remind myself that you only need one good follie to get pregnant, but I was really hoping for more. The nurse still thinks I have a good shot at getting a few, but I just don't know...

The not-so-great news is that my lining has shrunk!?! Can that even happen??? It was a 7.2 on Saturday, and was a 6.7 today. I just felt so defeated. I was really expecting it to grow in those two days, not shrink. The nurse did not seem too concerned though and said that the readings, in part, depend on the technician and the angle...so it may not have "shrunk" at all, but it was just a different angle. But still-why didn't it grow??

The nurse then said that I would probably have my iui next week. This is a BIG problem because DH and I leave for Florida on Friday pm. Had my cycle gone according to plan, I would have been in the 2ww now and not have to worry about all this. So my options are: that if I have good progress this week, I can trigger over the weekend and just BD, I can cancel the cycle (Um no...does the nurse know how expensive those darn shots are!?), or I can continue to be monitored while in Fort Myers...I don't even know how to set something like that up?

Anyone have any experience with out-of-town monitoring?

On top of it all, I feel like crap...getting a nasty cold and had to take a sick day Sorry about complaining guys...but I know if anyone will understand, you all will...

Anyway-I go back Wed and then Friday...anyone else been feeling like they live at their RE's office?
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

February 9th, 2009, 04:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry about you're not-so-great appointment! I have no clue how to set up any out of town monitoring, but I hope you can figure it all out. I would hate to "waste" the cycle but not being able to follow through. Are you on estrace this cycle again for your lining? Maybe they can up your dose for the next week or so to guarantee that your lining will catch up again.

Anyway, I'm just sorry about this whole cycle for you. What an up and down roller-coaster!!! I hope that you get the outcome that you deserve and we are celebrating your BFP very SOON!!!!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

February 9th, 2009, 05:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I'm sorry about you're not-so-great appointment! I have no clue how to set up any out of town monitoring, but I hope you can figure it all out. I would hate to "waste" the cycle but not being able to follow through. Are you on estrace this cycle again for your lining? Maybe they can up your dose for the next week or so to guarantee that your lining will catch up again.

Anyway, I'm just sorry about this whole cycle for you. What an up and down roller-coaster!!! I hope that you get the outcome that you deserve and we are celebrating your BFP very SOON!!!![/b]
Thanks Kari...you're right-it's definitely been a roller coaster ride for me this month. I was on Estrace from CD 3 until this past Friday (CD 16). At first, I took two pills a day, but the Clomid really killed my lining this month so they bumped me up to 4 pills a day, two orally and two vaginally. When I went on Saturday AM, they did my blood work and found my estrogen was high...so they called and told me to completely stop the Estrace. The nurse said something about maybe needing to add it again. I'm trying to stay positive, but it kind of feels like I take two steps forward and three back, know what I mean?
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

February 9th, 2009, 06:09 AM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jmichelle77
Amanda! I am so sorry your appt. was disappointing. Maybe that one little follie is a fighter...fighting to be your precious new miracle! If you are wanting to try the out of town monitoring thing, I would call your RE's office and ask them to help you set it up. Maybe they know of somewhere to send you that would communicate with them??? Good luck! And I hope those other follies and your lining GROW GROW GROW!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search