I've made a decision....an update on me.

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2009, 12:27 PM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jmichelle77
I didn't want to copy and paste the whole long thing.....and it is LONG! LOL! But if any of you are interested....here is the link.

http://www.justmommies.com/boards/index.ph...owtopic=1462772

February 9th, 2009, 12:40 PM
EricsMom's Avatar SuperMommy!
I think it's a good idea to go through with the appt. You're very knowledge in all this, you know to ask questions and you know not to just "accept" what Dr's say if it doesn't feel right for you. Once you've met with him you'll have a better feel for his recommendations and whether or not you feel his services are the right path for you.

Good luck and KUP on the appt.

TTCMA Again (after a 4 year break of NTNP, 8 yrs total TTC'ing #2)
Cycle #1 - July/Aug 2013 - BFN
5mg Femara CD3 - 7, Trigger CD25, CD32 Prog. 26.1, 10/11 Day LP
Cycle #2 - Aug/Sep 2013 - a bust ... no "O" ... waiting for injectibles protocol

Me (38) Annovulatory, PCOS, IR and Type 2 Diabetes, DH (44), DS (8)

"Learning to have faith, think positively, believe in myself and trust in God."

February 9th, 2009, 01:03 PM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
First of all, living in Podunk sucks in this situation. Second of all I think you made the right decision. In a perfect world there would be perfect doctors and a RE close by but since there isn't this is the best alternative. I really hope that this dr doesn't have his head up his butt like the last ones I really hope you get your BFP soon!!

February 9th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Whoa! I just don't get how that one doc doesn't believe in pcos?!? I mean, what isn't there to believe?? I'm sorry that you've had crummy appointments. It's hard to get all excited about going to a doctor and then have the visit go like you described.

I hope you find a doctor who listens to you and takes you and your s/e associated with pcos seriously!
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

February 9th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Ericsmom - Thank you. And yes, that's kind of how I am looking at it right now. It can't hurt to just go TALK to him and see what he thinks and would want to do. I don't ever have to go back if he scares me! LOL!

Rebecca - You are right....this isn't a perfect world....so I am doing my best with the resources offered to make is AS CLOSE to perfect as I can on my own! Thank you! And I hope this is the LAST "new patient" visit I have to go thru before I get my BFP!!

Amanda - I know!! I just canNOT understand how you don't beleive in something that DOES very much exsist! It's like saying....no, I don't believe in the sun.....it's just something people SAY to explain how light and hot it is outside. WTH?!?!? Thanks for the hugs!

February 9th, 2009, 04:02 PM
~Ivy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Um WHAT????? How can a doctor not believe in it? That's insane. It's a darn medical fact. That makes me so furious!!!

I do think you are doing the right thingTry to make yourself as comfortable as possible,, I hope this new doctor id good to you. Good luck!!

My Blog

February 9th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck with your new dr!

Marie's five kids are now 7,5,4,4 &2!
February 9th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yep..

I think going to a new OB will be a good thing. And I honestly think that us ladies going through all this crap are just as knowledgeable as some of these DR's and know when something they are prescribing or telling us to do is wrong. So.. go with your gut, see this new DR, and get some MET girl!!!!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

February 9th, 2009, 05:15 PM
thevictorious6 - I know! And I am actually surprised at myself that I went back for a saecond visit after he said that! I think I was just so frustrated at my other Dr. by that point I was thinking that even with his "disbelief" he was the lesser of two evils! Thank you!

Marie - Thank you! I am hopeful.

Kari - LOL! Thanks, Kari! I keep telling DH, "I'm am SO SICK of feeling like I am smarter than my Dr.'s!!!" LOL!

February 11th, 2009, 10:39 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I definitely think you made the right decision...as long as you stick up for yourself and keep doing your own research, you'll be able to keep this guy in line and get that BFP!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

February 11th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Quote:
I definitely think you made the right decision...as long as you stick up for yourself and keep doing your own research, you'll be able to keep this guy in line and get that BFP![/b]

Thank you....that's what I think too. I think I am knowledgable enough (plus I have all you wonderful ladies to bounce stuff off of ) to not let him do anything to hurt me or my chances of conceiving.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search