accupuncture...

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Just wondering if any of you have tried acupuncture? My RE has a very holistic approach to fertility and strongly encouraged me to try it. He said it also helps to thicken the lining due to increased blood flow. So, I gave it a shot (haha, no pun intended) tonight...don't know if it did a bit of good-but it was very relaxing.

So...what do you guys think of acupuncture? Have you tried it? Do you believe in eastern medicines to help with things such as fertility?

TIA
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

February 10th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Angel_Maker
I started going to accupuncture prior to my IVF in October....Obviously, I didn't conceive, but I do feel that it will help with the process, if nothing else, I am incredibly relaxed afterwards, so that's always a plus. When I see my RE on Monday, I'm going to ask him about my accupuncturist coming the day of my transfer and working with me RIGHT BEFORE and RIGHT AFTER my FET
February 10th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm fully convinced acupuncture helped lead to my BFP. I'd stopped all western fertility meds a few months before. I was waiting to start them again at the beginning of the year. I was doing acupuncture and herbs. My cycles were starting to regulate and I had a great temp shift when I Od, which rarely happened before. I searched for a really long time to find an acupuncturist who was specifically trained in and focused on fertility. A lot of acupuncturists say they treat fertility, but that doesn't mean they have been specifically trained for it.
February 10th, 2009, 04:51 PM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jmichelle77
Actually, one of my best friends is my accupuncturist! LOL! (and she's on her way over here right now! LOL!) Anywhoo.....I started going to her last summer as a way to get thru the painful periods without the dumb narcotics. She is AMAZING! We hit is off instantly and 2 months later she was going on our Aug. 08 cruise with us! She is working with me on the fertility stuff.....even goes to my Dr.'s appts with me. I could go on for HOURS about how I feel about accupuncture/eastern medicine......and what we are planning to do/why she's coming over here now.... But I won't bore everyone to tears with my babble. PM if you wanna chat about it!

February 10th, 2009, 04:53 PM
richmond_girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to richmond_girl
I have not had experience with accupuncture but I know a lot of ladies swear by it. Keep me posted on your progress... I am curious!!

February 10th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Super Mommy
I am a strong believer in accupuncture, I did it both times prior and during the treatments and it helped us get pg both times. I never hurts to try, I absolutely loved the session I had so much energy and felt sooo relaxed.

1/26/09-2 Beaufitul Embies Transfered!!
2/5/09-BETA, POSTIVE, 250 @ 10dpt!!
2/18/09-1st U/S, we are expecting Twins!!

February 10th, 2009, 08:41 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
I used accupuncture in the first two IUI cycles with clomid... obviously no BFP. I deffinatly don't think it hurt any.... I even went like 3 times each cycle, once at the begining of my cycle, once just before ovulation, and once during 2ww for 2 cycles...
I WAS very relaxing though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search