Early prego...walking on eggshells, anyone?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to shannaaugh
Hi there. I am just writing to vent. I am finally prego agian from IVF w/ ICSI after a failed attempt in August but as excited as I am I feel as though I'm walking on eggshells. Anybody else? I am now almost 6 weeks and my ultrasound is next Thursday. I want to tell people but I don't want to jinx myself so I keep it to myself...which really sucks!! I can't help but wonder if this is all too good to be true? I wish I could shake the pessimism and just enjoy the ride...Any advice for a prego basketcase? LOL

March 6th, 2009, 01:40 PM
richmond_girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to richmond_girl
Hi there. Just popping in to tell you that you are not alone. We just found out we are pregnant after doing IVF w/ICSI as well. I've been an emotional basketcase since getting our BFP at 11dpo as well. I feel exactly the same way you do - that everything is too good to be true right now. We're only used to getting bad news, it's seems impossible that our luck has finally changed. It's like my mind can't even be happy because there's always that that shadow of fear lurking behind it. Waiting for the next ultrasound has actually been more grueling for me than any other 2ww I've ever experienced.

I think early pregnancy is emotionally draining for anyone to begin with, but then you add in years of TTC, a history of always being on the wrong end of the odds, and all the hormonal/physical/financial complications of IVF, and you've got a volatile combination. So I'm trying to take it easy and forgive myself for feeling scared, anxious, nervous, even resentful sometimes that I can't enjoy my pregnancy like other women. I've stopped trying to "not stress" and "be positive" because as you know that just doesn't work after you've been through what we've been through. Instead, I'm just praying and hoping and reminding myself that whatever's going to happen will happen, and I just need to let God's plans play out.

HUGS!! I am sorry I don't have any actual advice. I just wanted to let you know you're not alone!

March 7th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to shannaaugh
Thanks Juli. Just to know I'm not alone with what I'm feeling means a lot! What you say is true though...it is all in God's hands...it would be so much easier if I could just give it all to him and relax but, that seems to be impossible. I wish you a H&H pregnancy and I hope you get to hear that beautiful heartbeat very soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search