Santa, are you listening?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2009, 09:06 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
What are you girls asking for this Christmas (besides a BFP of course!)? Does your family exchange wish lists? Who is your favorite person to buy a present for?

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

December 3rd, 2009, 10:01 AM
Angel_Maker
I'm such a grinch that I personally do not celebrate Christmas (in the commericial sense)...I buy for others and do very much enjoy it, but I do not ask for gifts for myself.

I drive my DH and my family crazy because all I say is "all I want is a baby, and I can't have it, blah blah blah."

DH's family does Secret Santa--it's alright! It was MUCH MORE fun shopping for my JM sister than it has been shopping for my SIL
December 3rd, 2009, 10:14 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Well there are a few things I would like for Christmas but I am sure I am not going to get them. Dh never gets what I want. He will get me something but it will be something he thinks I should have and not what I want. I have asked a few times for a new day planner. I bought myself a nice one a year or so ago and then my dd wrote mom on it. Wasn't that nice of her? So I tried to scrub it off and it looks terrible now. So I really want a new one. Dh thinks day planners are stupid and since nobody actually sees my day planner (it just sits on my desk all day) he doesn't think I need a new one. But, that is what I really want.

What I will get probably - a new coat, some kitchen appliance, or some other practical thing dh thinks of.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
December 3rd, 2009, 10:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, clearly, a would be the most perfect present I could have!

I absolutely LOVE buying for DD because it's just SUCH FUN shopping for a little girl! She is all into American Girl dolls, and I LOVE that. I get to re-live my childhood and I enjoy that so much. SS is fun to shop for, as well, but DH likes to have more input with the "boy" gifts, so I don't actually pick out as much--I just take the list and go!

I don't really know what I will get. My dad asked what DH and I wanted (in yrs past, he has given us a warm-weather winter getaway---two yrs ago he sent us to South Beach and last year to West Palm) but this year, I said we would prefer money.

I told DH that I would love diamond studs....but we'll see...it all depends on if this cycle works or not. If it didn't, we will be putting down a hefty IVF deposit in the next couple weeks and that will be my gift.
Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

December 3rd, 2009, 10:54 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I never ask for things for myself either. My mom tells us all that we must get everyone a present....OR at least I think she does, she may just be telling that to me though....and so my sister and 2 younger brothers never get us anything. I expect it though, so I keep their gifts to a minimum. The only sibling that gets dh and I a gift is my older brother.
December 3rd, 2009, 11:22 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I love shopping for presents. I'm not a fiend, though, and don't do the crazy morning shopping or anything like that.

I just send my dad a DVD and home baked cookies. My brother gets a dilbert calendar and cookies. That's all they ever want and these 2 could eat the HUGE box of cookies in 1 setting if I didn't keep telling them to pace themselves!

My MIL is a PAIN to shop for. She's almost like a hoarder (not too bad, but DH would say she is!) so we can't get her anything that she could actually "keep" so gift certs to dinner restaurants or Netflix and the like is about all they get.

My DD is a blast to shop for, and her birthday is the 27th, so I do it all at once (shopping). We definitely have her own special day and don't combine presents (she's only going to be 2, but it's what we will be sure to keep doing).

Me? Hmmm... I just asked DH for a new exercise bike or elliptical machine. Mine's about busted. The ellipticals are through the roof expensive, even on Craig's list, so I'll probably look into the bikes. I have a feeling, I'll find it and he'll get it. He HaTES shopping.

And, still praying that the New Year brings us a HUGE bit of news on that HPT stick!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 3rd, 2009, 01:51 PM
Kary♥RN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kary♥RN Send a message via Yahoo to Kary♥RN
I LOVE buying for other people.. to get them the "PERFECT gift"... But I am happy for anything... This year (going in on Sat) ... we had to buy a New Chimney Liner for our heater.... (Almost 1,000.00) So DH and I won't be exchanging gifts... and the rest of the family will get little things this year... It would be a perfect Christmas to give DH a BFP for Christmas/and His Birthday!!

Thank you GraysMama For my BEAUTIFUL Siggy!!!

BFP 11/09/08 M/C 11/11/08 BFP 01/02/09 M/C 01/29/09 BFP 08/26/09 M/C 10/02/09 Missing our 3 Angles
December 3rd, 2009, 02:01 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I am pretty sure DH is getting me a new digital camera this year. I have been saying for a long time that when I get pregnant, I really want a new one for all those belly pics and newborn pics! Other than that, there's really nothing I need or want.

My favorite person to buy for is my 22-month old niece...she loves everything including the boxes and bows!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search