How do you guys get anything done? I am so distracted!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 4th, 2009, 11:10 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I can't think clearly. All I can think about is starting my injections. Then I sit and think what if something goes wrong at the next ultrasound. Then it is what if I get halfway through and I overstimulate... or don't stimulate enough... or don't make enough eggs... or they don't fertilize... and then there is the two week wait...

This is killing me. I need to get SOMETHING accomplished besides spinning in circles in my head.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
December 4th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Wow, I can relate to this one! When I was going through IVF it was really all consuming. I've been through 9 cycles in total (3 fresh and 6 frozen) and I quickly had to come up with a bit of a coping mechanism before I went insane. So, what I did was only allowed myself to focus on the next step and not 2, 3 or more steps down the road. So if injectibles is the next thing you do, you think only about that and getting through that, then worry about the u/s, then worry about the 2ww, etc.. This really helped with me not only in not getting overwhelmed, but in staying focused.

As for trying to get other things done, that's not so easy. Even though I only focused on one thing, I was pretty obsessive and googled the crap out of whatever I had going on at the time. So I really have no good advice there.

Good luck to you!!

December 4th, 2009, 01:24 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian View Post
So, what I did was only allowed myself to focus on the next step and not 2, 3 or more steps down the road. So if injectibles is the next thing you do, you think only about that and getting through that, then worry about the u/s, then worry about the 2ww, etc.. This really helped with me not only in not getting overwhelmed, but in staying focused.
That is really, really great advice. It is easy to look ahead and be freaked out by all the possibilities, but once you get into it, it really does go quite quickly.

As far as getting anything done, I still don't know the answer to that question. Looking at JM/Google/baby stuff/maternity clothes/etc. is much more fun than work, so I am struggling to accomplish things even now that IVF is over

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

December 4th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
TTC with MA tends to consume my thoughts.

I think that is fabulous advice about taking it one step at a time. I tend to get WAY ahead of myself; for example, I am in the 2WW now and I've been stressing/semi-panicking about whether we should do another inject cycle w/TI, whether we should do an inject cycle with an IUI or should I just wait to start b/c for the Jan/Feb IVF cycle. I literally worked myself up into a frenzy about these possibilities and here I am, I don't even know if THIS cycle worked, and I am already planning the next one!

One step at a time...breathe....
Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

December 4th, 2009, 02:11 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I'm in the same boat as Melissa - first I obsessed over MA, now I obsess over the baby! I don't really have any advice on how to stop obsessing, I just wanted you to know that it is very normal and you're not alone!

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

December 4th, 2009, 02:13 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Oh, holy cow. Patti. We're supposed to get stuff done? I had NOOOO idea!!!

I like Gillian's idea. I also have a to-do list and I MAKE myself complete them before I can get on-line or do anything that has anything to do with MA. It doesn't ALWAYS work, but heck, it works most of the time! The holidays are coming, too, so you can probably come up with a few things to keep you busy! That's what I'm also banking on

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search