AF?! Short LP with Follistim + trigger? Updated

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2009, 06:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm totally confused! I woke up to light bleeding! I am 12 dpo, and that is early for me! I normally have an LP of 13-14 days. I usually spot a teeny tiny amount in the evening on day 13 or sometimes day 14, and then full AF doesn't usually start until the next day.

This was a true flow, not spotting. But it's not bright red in color, it's more like a watery pink. TMI!

I think I'm grasping at straws here but I was wondering if there was ANY possibility this could be implantation bleeding.

UGHHH. I just was not expecting that at all this morning. I was expecting to spot maybe tomorrow evening and have AF on Monday....

Also, the other three cycles I've had an HCG trigger, I've had a LONGER than normal LP. I think she usually showed about 15 dpo. So I am just super surprised to see AF at 12 dpo.

I didn't even bother testing this AM. I will wait and see what happens. Quite frankly, I don't feel crampy like I normally do when AF starts. I just feel "normal."

Anyone else notice that injects or the trigger shortened their LP?

Never mind---it's AF. It's gotten much heavier and I'm cramping. D*MN IT.
Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

Last edited by TTCagain; December 5th, 2009 at 08:09 AM.
December 5th, 2009, 06:53 AM
brynnkelley04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I had the HCG shots it did not lenghten my LP. I started right on time both cycles I had it. I'm not sure about implantation bleeding. Maybe it's a "pokey" like Melissa's little one I'm sure sure as I do not have any experience with Follistim. I'm sure someone else would be able to help better. Good luck!

Brynn 30,
Rich 41, Marcus 11, Gavin 8
~~IVF #4 using Donor Eggs=BFP
~~April 18th 1st U/S=TWINS! Baby A 128bpm Baby B 124bpm

December 5th, 2009, 07:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well my protocol with injects and IUI was kind of different. I was using Northindrone and Lupron prior to strating the injects, so my LP was definitely shorter, and that was with the progesterone suppositories even.

It's completely and totally believable that you might be dealing with implantation bleeding... especially if it's not bright red, normal AF stuff. If I were you, I'd be holding some urine and testing today... or if you are stronger than me... waiting until tomorrow morning

I'll be stalking you for an update!!! Can't wait till you have to trade in that new siggy for an even NEWER one!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

December 5th, 2009, 07:15 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I sure do hope it's implantation spotting. You never know, and I guess only time will tell!

My experiences? I had average LP's on injects, but I was also on 400 mg prometrium. you'd think with the prometrium, it'd be longer, but it was just the same. My thought? Because we make more follies on injects, we have a higher progesterone level, but then when it starts to drop, it seems to drop more dramatically (more levels to drop) and this may instigate AF "early" by a day or two if not taking progesterone to counter the dramatic drop.

Just my thought, I have no proof of that!!!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 5th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
when it starts to drop, it seems to drop more dramatically (more levels to drop) and this may instigate AF "early" by a day or two if not taking progesterone to counter the dramatic drop
This could totally be true!

My DH also brought up the possibility that I O'd on my own BEFORE I triggered. I had my last follie check and then triggered 36 hrs later, but I am wondering if somehow in that time frame, my body O'd naturally.

I didn't use OPKs and I am kind of kicking myself for it now!

Side note--I have to say I was pretty impressed with DH coming up with that idea! Gotta love how much he knows about TTC and the female body! I mean, really---what other kind of man, other than the DH of a woman going through MA, would know that?

December 5th, 2009, 07:46 AM
frankie's Avatar Proud Mommy
were you on progesterone?

trying for~~~Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer~~~~ Marcia Wieder
December 5th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No, I wasn't.

December 5th, 2009, 09:18 AM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
when i get the trigger shot my period usually starts at 10dpo. i freaked the first time it happened but the RE said it was normal.

December 5th, 2009, 11:02 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
((((HUGS)))) I'm so sorry...it totally stinks that the witch showed early. The trigger didn't change my LP any, but I'd definitely ask your doc about it when you go back.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

December 5th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy

So sorry about the witch!!!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search